Cam of the Day

Santas extra sleigh???

Heres an unusual one.You dont often see other ships in bridge cam shots especially when they are at sea. Heres one from the busy Caribbean...being all red it looks like Santa has called on the help of shipping with an extra sleigh which is heading for Florida with all the goodies on board..:D:D

LOL, Great shot, I bet the US is hoping it is not filled with Cubans.:D

I noticed that the ferry like boat is at white bay again. I wonder what it does, like which area it provides service to.:D

The private marina next to White Elephant is used to refuel a lot of ferries but it is not a pick up / drop off point and cannot unfortunately be used to access White Bay terminal:mad::mad:

just a ps to the above pic...

Dawn Princess is also at Port Chalmers today....so the sisters , Sun and Dawn Princess are both in town for Boxing Day.

If the passengers dont go on a tour in the rain perhaps they can ht the Boxing Day Sales.:D:D..

with it being wet , the shops will be madness:eek:

The private marina next to White Elephant is used to refuel a lot of ferries but it is not a pick up / drop off point and cannot unfortunately be used to access White Bay terminal:mad::mad:

So that explains why there is a ferry there all the time.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

just a ps to the above pic...

Dawn Princess is also at Port Chalmers today....so the sisters , Sun and Dawn Princess are both in town for Boxing Day.

If the passengers dont go on a tour in the rain perhaps they can ht the Boxing Day Sales.:D:D..

with it being wet , the shops will be madness:eek:

Cool, I hope the shops had enough stock, ugg boots and sheep skin jackets.:D

Voyager of the Seas arriving Auckland 2 Jan 2014. I dont know why but RCL and Celebrity seem to use Princes Wharf rather than the new terminal at Queens.

I think its something to with the size of the ship and maybe the depth off the water at the two berths.

But that's a good question, and I will put that to the Port :)

I think its something to with the size of the ship and maybe the depth off the water at the two berths.

But that's a good question, and I will put that to the Port :)

When the Solstice was docked there it stirred a lot of silt from the bottom so depth could be the issue.:D

An early morning grab from the webcam of Celebrity Solstice as she spins around in Auckland harbour ready to back into Princes Wharf.

3celeb_zpsb65f09d1.jpg

Glad you posted David as I thought Solstice was in tomorrow.

Great Photo!

Many thanks David and trust life is treating you well.

Voyager of the Seas arriving Auckland 2 Jan 2014. I dont know why but RCL and Celebrity seem to use Princes Wharf rather than the new terminal at Queens.

I heard back from the Port of Auckland this morning and this is what they said:

Port of Auckland: Celebrity Solstice and Voyager of the Seas are both too long to fit at Queens Wharf. Depth isn't an issue. Just the length of the wharf.