Cruise Critic Community

Great photos I always look forward to clicking on the " cam of the day " pics you take the time to post , thank you :)

Interesting to see that she is "Stern In". Most cruise ships dock with the bow towards the quay. I know that some like to know which way the ship will dock in Sydney so that they can get a good view of the Opera House...even to the extent of their cabin selection.

I wonder what circumstances dictate which way they dock. :confused:

Interesting to see that she is "Stern In". Most cruise ships dock with the bow towards the quay. I know that some like to know which way the ship will dock in Sydney so that they can get a good view of the Opera House...even to the extent of their cabin selection.

Gbenjo gave some insight here!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41312617#post41312617

It would seem that whether they back in or not does not just depend on size. Silver Whisper has backed in today....however she is there overnight....

Silver Whisper 05-Feb-2014 06:00 (Wed) 06-Feb-2014 22:00 (Thur) Overseas Passenger Terminal OPT

...so it will be interesting to see if she turns around to give passengers on the other side an Opera House view. I recall when The World was docked there , she did that , so that all passengers were treated equally.

2lmb3hv.jpg

Love your 'cam of the day' David. Gets me in cruise mode with every pic you put up. Thank you. Do you ever find any QM2 ones? I've been looking these recently but didn't find any. I think she's on sea days now enroute to Fremantle.

Jill :)

Edited by Gold Coast Cruisers

A tender returning to Diamond Princess anchored in Akaroa today 6 Feb 2014, Waitangi Day.

Interesting to note that if the British had not signed the Treaty at Waitangi, the French were about to land at Akaroa and claim NZ for France.

6diakaroa_zps173964f4.jpg

It would seem that whether they back in or not does not just depend on size. Silver Whisper has backed in today....however she is there overnight....

Silver Whisper 05-Feb-2014 06:00 (Wed) 06-Feb-2014 22:00 (Thur) Overseas Passenger Terminal OPT

...so it will be interesting to see if she turns around to give passengers on the other side an Opera House view. I recall when The World was docked there , she did that , so that all passengers were treated equally.

2lmb3hv.jpg

Looks like all the port side guests are not equal and must have paid a little less She is still moored bow out today (6th) or maybe the captains cabin is on the starboard side:D

Looks like all the port side guests are not equal and must have paid a little less She is still moored bow out today (6th) or maybe the captains cabin is on the starboard side:D

Oh Well ...Bang goes that theory , or perhaps SilverSeas guests dont pay as well as The World.:D

I know with the BIG ships it is determined by the configuration of the wharf /ship access and if they were to berth bow in they would be impeding ferry movements because they would be too close to the Circular Quay ferry wharfs. I guess with the smaller ships it may be the "captains call" or it could still be to do with loading/unloading access as the providoring area is more toward the bridge end of the terminal and the ships access doors may be forward.

I will ask the question next Tuesday when I next work and let you know. (if I remember:o)

6fuelbarge_zpsad2b3e65.jpg

The refueling barge is nearly as big as the ship itself.:eek:

...at least I presume its refueling. Is it? Looks like there is some sort of crane in the middle. Running repairs?

6fuelbarge_zpsad2b3e65.jpg

The refueling barge is nearly as big as the ship itself.:eek:

...at least I presume its refueling. Is it? Looks like there is some sort of crane in the middle. Running repairs?

Maybe they got the crane in to help those passengers on the starboard side to lift their wallets:D:D

Ocean Princess in the lagoon at Bora Bora today , 8 Feb(our time).

She is giving us a great view of the Paul Gauguin ..

1ev3ut.jpg

Sunday 9 Feb 2014

Diamond Princess docked in Auckland early today and then her sister Dawn followed in a bit later on....

9a_zpsabfd06b7.jpg

9d_zpsecf72b43.jpg

9c_zps17ed8618.jpg

Monday 10 Feb 2014

Another busy day in Tauranga again. 3 ships in port Diamond Princess, Dawn Princess and Seabourn Odyssey . Diamonds cam is looking at the Seabourn ship and makes it look small.

10di_zps1b264cb7.jpg

HAL's Amsterdam sailing out off Sydney past Celebrity Solstice .Amsterdam is on her World Cruise and she had 2 days in Sydney.

12ams2_zps22956193.jpg

12ams1_zpsbbd29b6a.jpg

HAL's Amsterdam sailing out off Sydney past Celebrity Solstice .Amsterdam is on her World Cruise and she had 2 days in Sydney.

12ams2_zps22956193.jpg

12ams1_zpsbbd29b6a.jpg

Could I please have the link to this webcam.

Thank you