Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Reviews of The Week by Tralfie, Ginamarie, Sunviking, dedosr & debphoenix!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Norwegian Gem A First-Time Cruiser Takes The Gem To... Nowhere by Tralfie

I didn't intend to take a cruise to nowhere. Originally, the plan was that my very first cruise would be in March of 2014 aboard the Norwegian Breakaway. I booked it over a year ago as a present to myself for my 50th birthday, even treating myself to an aft-facing balcony. But then I saw the one-night Cruise to Nowhere, and the price was just too good to pass up. So I decided to get my feet wet, so to speak, by using the overnighter as sort of a sampler to see how I'd like the world of cruising. I'm a single guy -- what they called a "confirmed bachelor" in more civilized times -- who lives in Manhattan, so getting to the port on the morning of the trip was a breeze. As was, honestly, the entire process. It helped that almost as soon as I arrived at the terminal, I met fellow Cruise Critic member Lellie and her son, two of the nicest people you could hope to meet! She basically walked me through the entire process and by noon, we were on the boat. Continue reading... A First-Time Cruiser Takes The Gem To... Nowhere

Freedom of the Seas First time RCCL- Big Group in the Presidential Family Suite by Ginamarie

My husband and I are seasoned cruisers and had been on Carnival, Disney and NCL before, but this was our first cruise on RCCL. Along for the ride were our three children, my mom, my teenage sister, 10 year old brother, middle sister with her boyfriend, and grandma. Originally, we booked multiple cabins, but when someone from our roll call cancelled his presidential family suite, we scooped it up. We spent a week in Orlando prior to the cruise and drove to the terminal, parking right at the pier, which was pricy, but convenient. Check- in was simple and quick, though despite my efforts to explain that the suite upgrade was a surprise, several employees shouted out that we were suite guests. Luckily, my family did not catch on, and we were able to surprise them when we walked into the cabin. Continue reading... First time RCCL- Big Group in the Presidential Family Suite

Seabourn Quest Wonderful cruise on the Seabourn Quest! by Sunviking

We boarded the Seabourn Quest in Barcelona on October 26. This was our 1st Seabourn cruise. We had previously sailed on many cruises on the "mass market” lines and had one Regent voyage about 3 years ago. We spent 18 days on the Quest ending our cruise in Rio. The following are my impressions of the voyage and ship. From the moment we checked in we felt this cruise would be an exceptional one and we weren’t disappointed. We had booked a Wintergarden Suite and knew it would be large. It exceeded our expectations! The suite is well-laid out with plenty of storage space, pleasing décor, an extremely comfortable bed and great living space. We had a couple of parties in our suite and there was plenty of room for entertaining. At the second party we had 26 guests and weren’t crowded. Our cabin stewardess Natalie did a fantastic job and was the best attendant we’ve ever had. Continue reading... Wonderful cruise on the Seabourn Quest!

Royal Princess Royal Princess, A Beautiful Ship, and a Great Cruise by dedosr

Embarkation was ok. Arrived at 1030 am and on the ship by 12:30 pm. The first impression of the Piazza is magnificent. Everyone in my group of 8 said wow. We went directly to the Sanctuary, it was booked for the week already. They now take daily reservation the day before for your convenience. We never used it though. The last 2 sea days when we went there to check, they had a sign out that read "Completely Booked" We found the Retreat Pool Area very nice. I referred to it as "Sanctuary Light". We got there early each morning and had 8 loungers together, 4 under the sun screen and 4 in direct sun. The hot tubs were on the small size, but the jets were great, from the sides and the bottom of the hot tubs. The water was not too hot. The pool was never crowded at the retreat area. The reason I believe was because the water was ice cold most of the cruise. I wondered was it cold to keep people out so that cc members would not post that it was packed and inadequate? Continue reading... Royal Princess, A Beautiful Ship, and a Great Cruise

Celebrity Infinity First Timer Advice from a recent First Time Cruiser by debphoenix

My wife and I traveled with another couple on the Celebrity Infinity Nov 7-22 on the route through the Panama Canal. Prior to departing, we read the posts on Cruise Critic, to understand how to spend our limited time and money to best advantage. Now that we have completed the cruise, we hope our comments below help you plan for and have the best cruise experience: 1. 15 days is a long time for a working guy like me to take away from the office - the Officers and Crew of the Infinity made it a very enjoyable experience and worth the time and money we spent. I would do it again. Continue reading... First Timer Advice from a recent First Time Cruiser

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Edited by Admin

Sign in to follow this