For UK cruisers booking with US TA

sandancer

i have in the past complained about the anomalies between booking in the UK and US. Several times it has been suggested that instead of moaning about it, I should use a TA in the US. So that's what I have done. The 123go campaign is on so I have booked now. Has anyone from the UK booked recently and got the drinks package. The TA I am using has added it to the booking but says he cannot guarantee that we will get it as we are not US residents. He says we won't know until we board. This is not really what I want to hear. If he can book it, surely the same terms and conditions should apply. Anyone????? Thanks

i have in the past complained about the anomalies between booking in the UK and US. Several times it has been suggested that instead of moaning about it, I should use a TA in the US. So that's what I have done. The 123go campaign is on so I have booked now. Has anyone from the UK booked recently and got the drinks package. The TA I am using has added it to the booking but says he cannot guarantee that we will get it as we are not US residents. He says we won't know until we board. This is not really what I want to hear. If he can book it, surely the same terms and conditions should apply. Anyone????? Thanks

Seek out and contact another [and or others] USA TA and explain that the 123 GO was a condition of the booking, then after booking you were told "maybe".

You are able to switch booking to another USA TA.

May I strongly suggest on next cruise you attend the CC meet/mingle, where USA TA information is exchanged.;)

A bit confused about this - the 123Go offer is available in the UK anyway. We booked last week with a UK TA and got it - and, since we're booking in the UK, we also got an extra 25 cruise points - these were only available for AQ cabins and above in the US.

If you're booking a European cruise you also get to choose 2 benefits from the 123Go package. http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/

Edited by Bobal

A bit confused about this - the 123Go offer is available in the UK anyway. We booked last week with a UK TA and got it - and, since we're booking in the UK, we also got an extra 25 cruise points - these were only available for AQ cabins and above in the US.

If you're booking a European cruise you also get to choose 2 benefits from the 123Go package. http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/

To clear up the confusion for you - I know about the 123go but booking in the UK was £300 pp more for the same cabin. Plus of course the OBC that UK agencies do not offer. I am not complaining about the deal, far from it, I just wanted to know if other UK folk had got the 123 perks when booking in the US and it looks like nijh has. Thanks to both of you.

P.s nijh - was that a call to Celebrity or the TA?

A call to the TA, may even have been an email actually.

They simply said "we'll take care of it" and a few days later the free drink package appeared on our booking. Just got to upgrade it now and we're good to go.

A call to the TA, may even have been an email actually.

They simply said "we'll take care of it" and a few days later the free drink package appeared on our booking. Just got to upgrade it now and we're good to go.

Same here, I booked with US TA because the price was better than the UK equivalent. I called the TA about the offer, she told me that there might be a slight change to the price but went ahead and contacted Celebrity. She was right - the price went down by $30!!

But what will the exchange rate be when I pay the balance in May, anyone got any suggestions on how to minimise the risk?

Hi

We are UK residents but booked our last 2 Celebrity cruises with a US TA got the drinks package with no problems. If you look at your booking details on My Celebrity it should how up under my cruise extras, sometimes it takes a few weeks for them to add it.

Also ask the TA for a confirmation invoice showing the drinks package.

But what will the exchange rate be when I pay the balance in May, anyone got any suggestions on how to minimise the risk?

There are some more involved ways of protecting yourself by taking out currency contracts, but to be honest the easiest way to do it is by paying more up front. This has positives and negatives and how important each one is varies from person to person. You lose use of the money earlier, you can be sure of how much it's costing, but won't be able to take advantage of rate rises if they happen. Also if you have to cancel and get your money back there may be an exchange loss (more likely because of the difference in the buying and selling rates). How about paying for some of it up front? Then you can take advantage of knowing some of the cost, benefit if the rate goes up, but if it drops you know at least you've protected some of it. Make sure with the ta you are using that you can do this.

Phil

Hi

We are UK residents but booked our last 2 Celebrity cruises with a US TA got the drinks package with no problems. If you look at your booking details on My Celebrity it should how up under my cruise extras, sometimes it takes a few weeks for them to add it.

Also ask the TA for a confirmation invoice showing the drinks package.

Thanks. I have emailed them to ask for a confirmation from Celebrity and not just the agency. I am not worried about the agency as we know several people who have used them for some time now. It is nice to know that it IS possible to have the perks. I'll keep checking My Celebrity.

On my online cruise summary, I have the following:

Your travel group includes someone who:

Has coupon bev123go.

This is listed under bonus offers.

On my TA invoice, it mentions the classic beverage package, but subject to confirmation by Celebrity. I'm sure that when I booked (last week) I was told that it would take about 3 weeks for Celebrity to confirm it, due to the volume of new bookings under the 123 promotion.

If it doesn't show up 7 days before departure, I'll call Celebrity.

Same here, I booked with US TA because the price was better than the UK equivalent. I called the TA about the offer, she told me that there might be a slight change to the price but went ahead and contacted Celebrity. She was right - the price went down by $30!!

Buy Dollars from FairFX at today's rate at that's what you get on your card you then pay for cruise with card.

Buy Dollars from FairFX at today's rate at that's what you get on your card you then pay for cruise with card.

That's exactly what I do, I have had the fairFx card for around 4-5 years now and never had a problem using it all over the states and with celebrity US...

we top up the card every month or when the rate is good as that way you spread the chance of the rate dropping really low... There's always the chance it could go up but at least you can top up when you want... I have always found the highs & lows cancel each other out over the year!

We use it to pay for our cruise via our travel agent and also use it to pay for Onboard spend!

Investigated FairFx and seemed a no brainer to me. Rate is very good and no cost to set up as used a Quidco link. I was going to use a Clarity card when the final payment was due but this way I can build up the funds at rates I like. Thanks again.

Investigated FairFx and seemed a no brainer to me. Rate is very good and no cost to set up as used a Quidco link. I was going to use a Clarity card when the final payment was due but this way I can build up the funds at rates I like. Thanks again.

Glad to have helped! As I said Iv never had a problem and its so quick and easy to use.. Also if you have a iPhone there is an app for it and it updates your funds instantly... Well that might depend on the bank you use but it is a great service!