For the loyal

Tutankhamen

I count about 8 points. 7 being sold as fact, when in fact they are just opinions.

The last point may hold some water. But you would then have to calculate in inflation.

You are spot on, but there is a lot of that running rampid around here. It's easy to kick somebody when they are down and some really enjoy it. Carnival will be fine.

Royal Caribbean would need to be boarding passengers

at Barbados where I live

just 10 mins. away from the Port where I now conveniently board Carnival.

For me, boarding here at Barbados is a BIG Plus!

You live on a VERY nice island.

Merricks-9128.jpg

Yeaahh it's an enchanted existence I guess

even though it's the norm for us. :)

BBay-768.jpg

You could say I'm jealous... lol

ImageUploadedByForums1387556620.402961.jpg.2eaed47c20bde4575f73ff60e2a76143.jpg

And to answer the OP's question, like many others said, Carnival would have to raise their prices to be on level with other lines for me to say goodbye. They just don't offer the same quality for that particular price point.

Next cruise, we're on the Celebrity Reflection. By no means have we cast Carnival off (LOVE the Breeze. Will be boarding her in 14 days!), but we will see if the grass is greener ... on the lawn club? (Terrible pun. Terrible.)

I count about 8 points. 7 being sold as fact, when in fact they are just opinions.

The last point may hold some water. But you would then have to calculate in inflation.

ARe you back to being a Carnival supporter? I'm a bit surprised by your comment to my post.

Food isn't an issue because I wasn't thrilled with the food on NCL or Princess. For us the bottom line is price. With a child in school and it being very difficult to deal with unexcused absences we can only cruise during high price times so right now we choose by price. When that is no longer an issue I would say Itinerary will play a big factor.

For those that don't get the CD issue I can say that when I started cruising I didn't care, but then we had this awful CD. He was so fake and I couldn't stand hearing his voice. 2 cruise later we got this high energy, funny, absolutely genuine CD (Weeeee Jimmy) and I loved to watch the morning show and enjoyed participating in the activities he was leading.

I would say that usually the CD doesn't matter but yes a CD can make or break a cruise.

glad you enjoyed wee jimmy. I couldn't stand him!::eek: I don't really care who the cd is, but, I guess some are better than others.:)

We are hoping with the holiday season to win you over as well.;):)

That lies in Carnival's hands. If they don't make some changes they will lose me from most of their brands.

I have certainly given out plenty of negative comments recently in regards to Carnival Cruise Line and Carnival Corp. But not everything I say about them is bad. I continue to praise the employees that work extra hard to make cruising great and over come Carnival's cut backs.

That lies in Carnival's hands. If they don't make some changes they will lose me from most of their brands.

I have certainly given out plenty of negative comments recently in regards to Carnival Cruise Line and Carnival Corp. But not everything I say about them is bad. I continue to praise the employees that work extra hard to make cruising great and over come Carnival's cut backs.

It's a start. Merry Chrismas....

Just off the NCL Pearl Dec8-15 and we were on the Carnival Dream Nov16-23. So I can make a recent comparison. The food on the Dream was much better. Now I am sorry to have a NCL Dawn cruise Jan26,2014. The grass wasn't greener...

Thanks for your comparison. Much appreciated!:)

After the Dawn cruise you can switch back to CCL.:)

Bill

What would have to change at Carnival to get you to cruise with another line? With all the talk of menu's and tablecloths, I am curious about those who are still loyal and what it would take for you to leave Carnival.

For me, the Comedy shows would be the last straw. Pull them, and I would be gone. Do not care much for food and dining, so that isn't a big deal to me. Live music, eh not a deal breaker.

I am not loyal...but I have enjoyed all of our Carnival cruises and have no problem sailing with them again in the future. I do sail other lines....when they offer what I want at a price I am willing to pay.

Food and service is subjective and can be different from day to day on the same ship. Those items never enter into our decision making process. Entertainment sometimes enters into it when it is part of our wants for that vacation. A few times it has....most of the time it doesn't. I've never expected high standards from Carnival production shows and have sometimes been pleasantly surprised....but if the entertainment is not one of our wants then it really doesn't matter what is playing on the ship we choose. The timing is almost always the first want on our list. The ship has to be sailing when we can go. The itinerary and embarkation port are usually next on our wants, although the sailing a certain ship has trumped that want a time or 2.

Carnival can change whatever it wants. If it meets our wants for a certain vacation at a price we are willing to pay, then we will be on it. All cruiseline are in a constant state of change. Thus the need for research to find who has want you want now...not what they had the past that you enjoyed and want on your next cruise (it may not be there anymore). Research enables you to set realistic expectations and helps you find the ship that has want you want so you can enjoy your cruise.

To be quite honest for us table clothes and live music don't matter to us. DH never even noticed the live music was gone until I said something about it to him the other day. We look forward to the change in menu. One of things we enjoy when sailing other lines is trying the different food options. It would take a lot more than change to get us to stop sailing Carnival. They'd have to stop offering the things we want out of a cruise or offer it at a price higher than the other ships that have what we want...and what we want changes with every cruise we take.

To me what Carnival offers is a value to us. To others it is not because it is not what they want...how can there be any value in buying something you don't want? There is nothing wrong with either opinion. Not loyal, not a cheerleader....just someone who enjoys what I get on a Carnival ship for the price I am paying for that vacation.

Edited by Warm Breezes

Carnival might seem cheaper. But I love Celebrity. I'm not sure if it's still on, but they were offering free drink package, prepaid gratuities and an obc.

A different experience that's for sure. I took an improv class on my last cruise and preformed in the passenger show. Sure I sucked, but I got up and did something new.

You get to choose one of the 3 on Celebrity, not all 3. If you go to Europe, you get to choose 2.

For what it's worth, these are my feelings, yours may differ and that is fine.

1. I'm OK with no table cloth on casual dining nights, as long as the food is good.

2. The DJ at the pool doesn't bother me at all. I avoid the pool area because I find it too crowded, too hot, and too noisy.

3. Some of the buffet changes at lunch are cutbacks in disguise. Burgers and burritos are lower cost food replacing the stuff. I'm OK with that though. It's lunch afterall and I find lunch to be a more casual meal. Burgers, pizza, deli, and burritos are fine with me most days, supplemented with a salad or fruit.

4. The nightime entertainment cutbacks have made us look more at other lines.that The Playlist shows are just bad, subpar at best. If the new plan is comedy all the time, at least put it in the main theater to end the crowded feeling and the musical chair game between comedy shows.

5. That said, it appears that I now don't have to leave Carnival. Carnival is leaving me by abandoning the NE homeports to save money on fuel. It looks like more Royal and NCL for me.

I am not loyal...but I have enjoyed all of our Carnival cruises and have no problem sailing with them again in the future. I do sail other lines....when they offer what I want at a price I am willing to pay.

Food and service is subjective and can be different from day to day on the same ship. Those items never enter into our decision making process. Entertainment sometimes enters into it when it is part of our wants for that vacation. A few times it has....most of the time it doesn't. I've never expected high standards from Carnival production shows and have sometimes been pleasantly surprised....but if the entertainment is not one of our wants then it really doesn't matter what is playing on the ship we choose. The timing is almost always the first want on our list. The ship has to be sailing when we can go. The itinerary and embarkation port are usually next on our wants, although the sailing a certain ship has trumped that want a time or 2.

Carnival can change whatever it wants. If it meets our wants for a certain vacation at a price we are willing to pay, then we will be on it. All cruiseline are in a constant state of change. Thus the need for research to find who has want you want now...not what they had the past that you enjoyed and want on your next cruise (it may not be there anymore). Research enables you to set realistic expectations and helps you find the ship that has want you want so you can enjoy your cruise.

To be quite honest for us table clothes and live music don't matter to us. DH never even noticed the live music was gone until I said something about it to him the other day. We look forward to the change in menu. One of things we enjoy when sailing other lines is trying the different food options. It would take a lot more than change to get us to stop sailing Carnival. They'd have to stop offering the things we want out of a cruise or offer it at a price higher than the other ships that have what we want...and what we want changes with every cruise we take.

To me what Carnival offers is a value to us. To others it is not because it is not what they want...how can there be any value in buying something you don't want? There is nothing wrong with either opinion. Not loyal, not a cheerleader....just someone who enjoys what I get on a Carnival ship for the price I am paying for that vacation.

While I agree with most of what you posted, "value" is ones perspective. If you or I perceive CCL offers value for the money paid, then it is reality to us. If not, then it is not reality.

Carnival will get stronger and as long as they keep their prices the best in the cruise ship industry the millions who love cruising will keep booking. Oh and the crew I think they are the very best I have experienced.

Carnival I think has hit rock bottom so they really have no where to go but up from here.

Their prices are the best and for a reason. Carnival cruises don't command anymore money than they are already getting.

It is good for us who want to take a cruise on the cheap but not good for their bottom line.

Bill

my dear wife and I have been on 15 cruises, 13 on carnival and 1 on rccl and 1 on ncl. enjoyed all of our cruises!:)

since our first cruise on carnival, we have seen a lot of changes. some good and some bad. but, we still enjoy the mdr. we have always had a good wait staff. we treat our wait staff very good and we have great service.:) I have seen people treat the wait staff very bad, maybe that is why some people have bad service.

we still like carnival and will go on other lines if we find a good bargain!:) we are on a fixed income, so we shop around.:)

happy cruising to everyone and Merry Christmas to all!!:)

my dear wife and I have been on 15 cruises, 13 on carnival and 1 on rccl and 1 on ncl. enjoyed all of our cruises!:)

since our first cruise on carnival, we have seen a lot of changes. some good and some bad. but, we still enjoy the mdr. we have always had a good wait staff. we treat our wait staff very good and we have great service.:) I have seen people treat the wait staff very bad, maybe that is why some people have bad service.

we still like carnival and will go on other lines if we find a good bargain!:) we are on a fixed income, so we shop around.:)

happy cruising to everyone and Merry Christmas to all!!:)

Totally disagree with you on this. Bad service is just that, bad service. Can and does occasionally happen on any ship, any line. IMO, the slow service caused by the 3 person MDR teams has been equated to bad service by some, when it is mostly slow service.

Totally disagree with you on this. Bad service is just that, bad service. Can and does occasionally happen on any ship, any line. IMO, the slow service caused by the 3 person MDR teams has been equated to bad service by some, when it is mostly slow service.

have been on several crusies that have the 3 man wait staff. no problems at all. maybe you are the cause that you have problems!:D

DH and I are so new to cruising that we are still amazed at the event itself. When we get more cruise savvy things may change, but for us right now it is the price and the location they go to, and not much else like to get a little "bang" for the buck, however. Sad they changed the bands out and that the entertainment is so so, but all things being equal it is still the best vacation we can afford so we stay with Carnival. Which royal was a little more affordable. :)