For the loyal

Tutankhamen

Totally disagree with you on this. Bad service is just that, bad service. Can and does occasionally happen on any ship, any line. IMO, the slow service caused by the 3 person MDR teams has been equated to bad service by some, when it is mostly slow service.

No, I do not think they have "bad service" per se. We found that when you do the anytime dining it takes the wait staff longer to know you, but that is part of the fun of anytime dining, you can have a different experience every night! We are on a boat in the middle of the ocean, who cares how long it takes, we are there for the relaxation and "get away from it all" attitude.

I agree that the playlist shows are very sub par. They downgraded the entertainment experience by using them. no live music at the main shows. personally I haven't found too much difference with the 3 person mdr team. I don't like the notion of no table clothes on tables. I extremely don't like family dining where they pass the dishes at the table if you don't know who your dining with. This seems so funny that carnival would even try that. Whenever they have a virus going around you cant serve your self even in the lido. why would they ever do that in the dining rooms. Part of the dining experience is to be waited on aka fine dining. if you want to dish your own food go to the lido. I will still cruise with Carnival if the price is cheap. But I now have booked Princess to Alaska and plan to book a royal next time for carribean. it is fun to try the different lines anyway. Add to the anticipation.

debkjw

So, all Carnival has to do to appease their masses is get a retired Aircraft Carrier out of mothballs, slap a red funnel on top, scatter some chairs on the flight deck, stock the mess hall with government cheese, pipe in some music and keep prices cheap. Got it!

Edited by Tutankhamen

So, all Carnival has to do to appease their masses is get a retired Aircraft Carrier out of mothballs, slap a red funnel on top, scatter some chairs on the flight deck, stock the mess hall with government cheese, pipe in some music and keep prices cheap. Got it!

I think your Mummy is calling you

I would love to tour a retired aircraft carrier! I have toured battleships!!:):) and as far as government cheese, well I like that too!:)

I would love to tour a retired aircraft carrier! I have toured battleships!!:):) and as far as government cheese, well I like that too!:)

I too love touring retired military ships/boats. Also enjoy touring places like Alcatraz. Just wouldn't book a vacation in a cell.

For the record, I like Carnival. I have cruised with them the last 2 cruises. Also have a cruise booked in January on the Breeze. I also see the humor/shortfalls in things I like. Including myself.

There is nothing I can predict that would cause us to leave Carnival, because we are not there simply because of Carnival.

We are there because that is where our son is comfortable.

I look forward to cruising Oceania, Princess and maybe even NCL when he gives the ok.

As most folks know, change is not something individuals with Autism handle well.

And even if true what is it to you? Seriously, you don't have to make the same choice as others so let others make their choice because it has zero impact on you.

You obviously missed the most important part of my post...

Just want to cruise and relax on a nice, comfortable ship at at an easy to get to port.

I don't stay at motels ever and all of the superfluous stuff that people get crazy about mean nothing to me.

There will be food and it will be good, there will be fun drinks, I'll have a very nice balcony cabin, and I'll be on a lovely ship - that's all I need.

I don't care about CDs either or poolside activities.

I am with you. I never really got the "which CD will we have?" Or "what deck activities". To be honest, I am a bit envious of people that really get excited of activities like hairy belly contest. Give me a balcony, the ocean, a beach when in port and some food options and I am good. Punchliners is what calls me back to CCL. If it wasn't for that, there would be no real draw to CCL.

Same here. We cruise solely for the RnR, the peaceful roll of the ship that rocks me to sleep every night, and the ability to not have to cook or clean for a week. I go into a Carnival cruise knowing I am not going to get Michelin Star quality food (but I won't go hungry), could care less about the shows (which have tanked over the years anyway), and if we make the actual ports on the itinerary--yahoo! If we don't, who cares???? I've been on a soapbox for years now that someone needs to come up with a 7 night CTN. Heaven!! I think I am the polar opposite of a Type A that needs to go and do 24/7. Thank God!!

The only thing that would make me leave Carnival is if the prices went up. That being said, we are venturing out to a river cruise and another upscale line in 2014 and 2015 but will always call Carnival my "go to" cruise line.

Not loyal to Carnival, in fact we left Carnival in 2011 I think it was. For me the final straw was not being able to get a decent steak in the MDR. With all the cutbacks and all the "comfort food" in the MDR, having a waiter advise me against Flat Iron Steak and trying it anyway because it was the only steak on the menu for the week, that did it for me.No question NCL and RCI can be more expensive than Carnival but when you look what you get and sit back and think about it, is $200-$300 more on a 7 day cruise worth it? Oh yeah.

I think for us, it would simply being when we get off a ship and we didn't enjoy ourselves or feel like we got our money's worth.

Things change and we roll with it. But, if we're bored with ports, bothered by the quality of the cruise, or just turned off in general, then we'd probably make a change.

I think for us, it would simply being when we get off a ship and we didn't enjoy ourselves or feel like we got our money's worth.

Things change and we roll with it. But, if we're bored with ports, bothered by the quality of the cruise, or just turned off in general, then we'd probably make a change.

One of the better posts on CC. I agree. Funny tho reading all the "complaints" and "rah rah rah".

Just off Conquest today :)

Food was mostly good, our waiters were good

Ship was decorated for Christmas and they did have a Christmas show

with Santa and Camp Carnival kids etc the last seaday afternoon

I enjoyed the Taste of the Day and did not miss the sushi

BUT

my major gripe was the Playlist shows...and Hasbro

Ugh

I hated the Brits - what an insulting comic book romp that was, should have been called the "Bubble Gums" ...horrible

Saw comedy shows first few nights then one of the 2nd duo of comedians but the farce of leave the venue, stand in line was simply not worth it.

My suggestion (pre cruise) was true - they should def put at least the very latest adult show in the main theater to stop the insanity

Playlist?? Ugh....what happens when all the ships have gotten their 2.0 "up/down/grade"?? The thought of seeing those shows over and over , the Hasbro mess over and over....ugh

Many felt a few talented passengers at the last night "showcase" (let the passengers entertain) were the best singers

More and more passengers have to provide the show - Hasbro, Karoke, Talent show

The shows just were awful...no comparison at all to the MSC Divina with her full production shows, 28 performers on stage, European cirque type acts...fabulous dancers. My 3 night cruise on Divina had more entertainment than 7 nights on Carnival....a singer/comic impressionist, a Michael Jackson tribute, an Abba Tribute fly in group, 2 full production shows ...plus tons of live music , dueling pianos

The Playlist shows ?? Reminded me of local theater, or Over 55 Condo association shows in S Florida

My last cruise on Carnival - which we just took over the weekend.. It was atrocious! (and it was my 10th on Carnival and 15th overall) I felt like it was Spring Break with the wild young adults on board, the all night parties, running and screaming down the hallways, poor service in the dining room and mediocre food and I could go on and on....... I have always been a cheer leader for Carnival but after this cruise I am rethinking my primary cruise line and want to try Princess or someone else ASAP...

Sounds like a 3 day booze cruise. With 10 Carnival cruises under your belt did you expect something else?

have been on several crusies that have the 3 man wait staff. no problems at all. maybe you are the cause that you have problems!:D

No need to attack me as I didn't attack you. All I said was "bad service is just that, bad service." and I also said this was due to the 3 person teams, which now have far too many tables/cruisers to serve, which has contributed to the slow service. While some cruisers may not treat staff nice, I think most do and are appreciative. But to blanket say that bad service is caused by rude passengers, totally incorrect.

Never mind, you probably won't understand this either.

No need to attack me as I didn't attack you. All I said was "bad service is just that, bad service." and I also said this was due to the 3 person teams, which now have far too many tables/cruisers to serve, which has contributed to the slow service. While some cruisers may not treat staff nice, I think most do and are appreciative. But to blanket say that bad service is caused by rude passengers, totally incorrect.

Never mind, you probably won't understand this either.

Mike, With all do respect. You do not have nearly enough cruises under your belt and certainly not enough CCL cruises. Bet get out there and get to over a 100 cruises before you comment on a cruise!

Mike, With all do respect. You do not have nearly enough cruises under your belt and certainly not enough CCL cruises. Bet get out there and get to over a 100 cruises before you comment on a cruise!

Probably right as we only have 18 CCL cruises with 2 of those this year. Guess I need some more cruises on them before I can comment and post an opinion.:D

Merry Christmas

Price. Plain and simple. If Carnival raises the cruise rates, I'll be looking elsewhere. The cruise experience is what you make it and I can have fun on any cruiseline. So, the price is what keeps me coming back to Carnival. Yep, that's cold, but that's what it comes down to for me.

I cruise every other year. We also camp at Bahia Honda, an island that is about an hour from Key West for a week every year. On the alternate year, we go to England to visit my husband's family and take a side trip for 3 or 4 days. Barcelona, Venice, Cork where I kissed the Blarney Stone. This April will be my fifth cruise in 10 years, and I always enjoy them. We get a balcony and we read and chat. We take naps. We take walks. By the third day our life-pace has slowed to snail speed. We find interesting places to visit in the ports. Very relaxing. By only going every other year keeps it new and fresh. For me, if I went on 3 cruises in one year, it would wear thin, and things less than perfect would get irritating. Sometimes I think that may be what happens to a lot of you. So yeah, try another line. Or maybe, try something new.

Meanwhile, back to the question. I have stayed loyal to Carnival, because we buy an FCC. Now that the FCC is gone, I will certainly be open to other lines.

And base it in Charleston, Jacksonville or Mobile. Even better would be Savannah! :D

If there's ever a cruise line with a ship in Savannah, I will be the first one to book!

I know that this is all personal. For a long-time Carnival cruiser, the steady pricks of cutbacks just became too much. As far as I could tell, everything had diminished over the years until the poor food quality and customer-provided entertainment just became too much. I booked a trip with Celebrity and it was good. But I was still cruising with Carnival because they were cheap and convenient and I travel with my young son. I thought this sort of balance between a Celebrity Cruise here and a Carnival Cruise there would continue to be our pattern.

I viewed the removal of table cloths and the family style-- here is what we'll serve you-- as an insult, rather than a deal-breaker. Similar but somehow more offensive than the other cutbacks.

But the thing that became a deal breaker for me is Carnival appearing (I said "appearing" so don't roast me) to be deferring, cost cutting, ignoring-- you pick the word-- on safety and maintenance pushed me over the edge.

I have 3 cruises booked for the next 15 months. None are on Carnival. In fact, when booking them recently, Carnival wasn't even a thought. And I am one who freely admits that I like my Platinum benefits and they kept me cruising Carnival perhaps longer than I should have.

I'm not leaving Carnival lightly, and hopefully not forever. But come on. I expect a ship to be maintained.

Sounds like a 3 day booze cruise. With 10 Carnival cruises under your belt did you expect something else?

Actually I DID expect something else. I have done 3 night, 4 night, 5 night and 7 night on Carnival. The 3 night's were never 'booze' cruises in the past that is why I was so surprised this one was so bad. In addition to being woke up at 4:30 AM two of the 3 nights the food quality has gone down hill and the service in the dining room has gone down too.... I posted this was my 10th Carnival cruise to show I know what a cruise should be like on Carnival. It was not on this past cruise..