Another thread on "those" hamburgers

bktaylor30

There is something wrong with me :( because I had them once and really didn't like it. I really don't like greasy food and only eat fast food (except Subway) maybe once a month or every other month. Going on the Sunshine in June and will try again. They look good but after the first bite my stomach cramps up.:confused:

That's the key. You usually don't eat greasy unhealthy foods. I don't eat particularly healthy, but not unhealthy either, and I thought Guys was okay. I thought they were about on level with standard fast food burgers, which I almost never eat. For people used to eating greasy foods, it sounds like they are loving Guys. They certainly aren't for everyone, but many people love them. There might be a correlation between how healthy you eat and how you feel about Guys burgers.

Edited by k2excursion

That's the key. You usually don't eat greasy unhealthy foods. I don't eat particularly healthy, but not unhealthy either, and I thought Guys was okay. I thought they were about on level with standard fast food burgers, which I almost never eat. For people used to eating greasy foods, it sounds like they are loving Guys. They certainly aren't for everyone, but many people love them. There might be a correlation between how healthy you eat and how you feel about Guys burgers.

I agree. I've had the Guys burger on the Liberty and while "acceptable" they are not for me. Anyone who cares about their health and/or appearance should probably limit themselves to one or two a cruise. The idea as some have mentioned about eating two a day. Well, I don't see how that can be good for you in any way, I don't care if you run 20 miles a day and work out another 10 hours. Those burgers are horrible for your health.

A related thread mentioned eating a whole plate of mushrooms and onions from Guys. Ya might as well eat a stick or two of butter.

No judgement, just facts, Guys burgers are not a good health choice.

I agree. I've had the Guys burger on the Liberty and while "acceptable" they are not for me. Anyone who cares about their health and/or appearance should probably limit themselves to one or two a cruise. The idea as some have mentioned about eating two a day. Well, I don't see how that can be good for you in any way, I don't care if you run 20 miles a day and work out another 10 hours. Those burgers are horrible for your health.

A related thread mentioned eating a whole plate of mushrooms and onions from Guys. Ya might as well eat a stick or two of butter.

Thanks for the public service announcement, but we aren't stupid. We know!

I've been on 20+ cruises, and my last one on Liberty, I had my first Guy's burger - actually it was my first burger of any kind on a cruise. I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. I've made better on my grill at home. I guess those earlier versions of burgers were simply horrible?

Get off your soap box... We don't care if you don't eat them... Let us dream about enjoying a Guy's burger with out you worring about our health...

I've been on 20+ cruises, and my last one on Liberty, I had my first Guy's burger - actually it was my first burger of any kind on a cruise. I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. I've made better on my grill at home. I guess those earlier versions of burgers were simply horrible?

Yes the long time sit in the warmer tray variety. :)

I've made some really good burgers at home but I never have made, just for burgers, cooked mushrooms, cooked bacon, grilled onions, shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, donkey sauce, etc...you get the point. It's not just the meat, which is really good, it's all the toppings too. Heck we just grill the hamburger and put ketchup and mustard, maybe a slice of tom in the summer.

Some fellow bragged about eating six, so I assumed he may have stuffed four more in , also thanks for answering with the actual time that it's open :p

They weigh about a half pound each of burger so dubious about anyone eating 6 in one day

Just wish they extended their hours till the evening.

I'm actually halt they close at six. Eating Guy's 4 times a day when I cruise would make me feel like a schmeel. :o

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy S4 using the Cruise Critic forums application.