Celine Charters, Lord Sheffield, Golden Eagle, French Connection or Random Wind?

Sea Sprite

I am trying to decide on a sailing excursion and any advice/feedback on these tours would be greatly appreciated. I don’t need to worry whether it’s family friendly or not because it will be 2 adults. So far it looks like Celine Charters, Lord Sheffield (Pirate Cruise), Golden Eagle, French Connection Mirabella and Random Wind are the best.

Random Wind looks amazing but it seems like you arrange your own transportation to get to the meeting spot and from what I can tell it takes about 30 mins. from the cruise terminal. I am tempted to scrap it as a choice for that reason. I am not sure if that is an accurate time estimate though. I also read about seasickness on Lord Sheffield due to the type of ship it is (tall). :eek:

Note: I was looking at power boat/speed boat trips too but it seems like the only adult beverages they serve is beer so I scrapped those (mixed drinks or wine is my adult beverage of choice). Maybe some do serve more than beer and I missed it?

Thank you!!! :D

We were on Celine last month and it was fabulous. Neil and his crew were great. I had a rum punch, then stuck with beer; but, they do have mixed drinks and you can surely note your preference when booking.

Price was a little higher but, they didn't charge for our son, age 5. We loved it and I even gave a $40 tip.

About 10-16 guests, goes to 2 beaches (snorkeling gear provided), past the airport/Maho twice and a huge table full of food for lunch. Probably the highlight of most vacations.

Celine was actually our third choice, others were booked full; we were third time lucky to find it.

Edited by mondello

• 1 month later...

Bumping this- I have just reserved RandomWind for March.

Great comments on Tripdvisor - anybody on this board have a comment?

Yes, they did tell me it was an $8.00 cab ride to Simpson Bay to meet them, but in the big scheme of things, I did not consider it a deal breaker at all.

I have had so-so experience with Golden Eagle, plus they by their own admission do not / cannot actually sail.

I was about to book Mirabella, but I see that the cruise line also uses it for their excursion the day we are in port. Hoping to do some sailing, with no crowds.

• 2 months later...
Bumping this- I have just reserved RandomWind for March.

Great comments on Tripdvisor - anybody on this board have a comment?

Yes, they did tell me it was an $8.00 cab ride to Simpson Bay to meet them, but in the big scheme of things, I did not consider it a deal breaker at all.

I have had so-so experience with Golden Eagle, plus they by their own admission do not / cannot actually sail.

I was about to book Mirabella, but I see that the cruise line also uses it for their excursion the day we are in port. Hoping to do some sailing, with no crowds.

Did you take your excursion on Random Wind yet? Would like to know how your day went. How the taxi ride was, easy? I really like the sound of Random Winds day, but I do prefer a catamaran, so my other choice is Celine.

Just did Celine last week ... Was a fantastic day all around. Crew, food and open bar. It's really laid back and exactly what we wanted. The max Capt Neal will take is 18 passengers. In contrast, we saw the Golden Eagle pull in to one of the bays we were in and it appeared as if no one had a place to sit ...

After all the swimming & snorkeling we literally slept 11 hours ...

Just did Celine last week ... Was a fantastic day all around. Crew, food and open bar. It's really laid back and exactly what we wanted. The max Capt Neal will take is 18 passengers. In contrast, we saw the Golden Eagle pull in to one of the bays we were in and it appeared as if no one had a place to sit ...

After all the swimming & snorkeling we literally slept 11 hours ...

Good to know. Thank you for posting.

Did you take your excursion on Random Wind yet? Would like to know how your day went. How the taxi ride was' date=' easy? I really like the sound of Random Winds day, but I do prefer a catamaran, so my other choice is Celine.[/quote']

Yes, it was wonderful...see the review and discussion a little bit further down this page. Thread title Random Wind Excursion

Thanks for sharing these options with us. Our ship docks at 10am, so unfortunately, many of these won't fit with our schedule. The ones offering afternoon departures and sunset sails are what we will look at. Can't wait!