MS Prisendam, Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam Sail Away-Dec 22, 2013

aliaschief

Thank you for the reminder; I think I'm just going to keep the webcam going all day long because we are sitting under an "Arctic Low" which is giving us -40 temperatures for the next few days. Seeing the cruise ships and the palm trees swaying gives me a warm feeling inside and I really need it now! I don't refer to this place as the "frozen tundra" for nothing! LOL

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I'm pretty sure I'll skip this one. I don't think I could watch the Elegant Explorer leaving without me.

Roy

ahhhh Roy - I can't blame you for that at all ;)

I hope she sails before it's dark - we haven't been lucky at all with her:(

Chief, provided we keep power, we (Marley and I) hope to be here.

I will do my darndest to be here for this awesome triad of Blue Hulled Beauties!!

Must say that it is sounding as if at least one Inside Cabin my be getting an upgrade at the Pier to another stateroom. Not sure which ship, but appears that there is a pipe break on one of the 3 (?Prinsendam?) which has flooded an Inside cabin:eek:

Joanie

I can't believe I might miss this one - depending on the weather we could be out celebrating DH's birthday. It isn't often that you get to see 3 of the blue hulls in one place - and to see one of my fav. ships - the EE - leaving for a Caribbean cruise.

Have fun, Carol. In the city?

No, Sheila. A local college. I've been in the city with my own kids almost every year when the girls were little and it was an amazing production. We were in the city yesterday to meet friends for lunch. It's bustling there, but of course it's the last weekend for Christmas shopping. Also, it was 64 degrees.

Thanks for the reminder, Chief! :D

Roy, sounds like you feel the same way we felt in June when we were kicked off the P'dam after our 31 day cruise... we were "homesick"for her and wonderful friends for several days afterward. ;)

Had to leave yesterday's sail away as DD arrived to begin her BD celebrations... meaning I had to fire the grill and take care of steaks, taters and veggies while DD and DW chatted inside in the cool A/C. We set a record in Orlando of 87F yesterday with lots of humidity and expect to do so today and tomorrow.... :mad: Crappy climate change.

All that meaning to say I should be here....

Edited by 0bnxshs

I'm pretty sure I'll skip this one. I don't think I could watch the Elegant Explorer leaving without me.

Roy

Pity party!:D

We feel so sorry for you, having suffered all that time in the heat and humidity of the Amazon! Now you're back to the real world - but only for a short time, right?

No, Sheila. A local college. I've been in the city with my own kids almost every year when the girls were little and it was an amazing production. We were in the city yesterday to meet friends for lunch. It's bustling there, but of course it's the last weekend for Christmas shopping. Also, it was 64 degrees.

That sounds lovely, Carol. Kids enjoy any version of the Nutcracker. We did the one in Boston with our girls when they were little and several years ago with Olivia and Megan...and their moms.

Chief, provided we keep power, we (Marley and I) hope to be here.

Kazu, has the big ice storm hit you yet? I hear Ontario is having a bad time, with a lot of power outages, etc. Here it's just rainy and miserable and dark. Is 1of4 supposed to be flying today?

Just off the Eurodam this morning. It was awesome to see 3 HAL ships at Port Everglades. First time I have laid eyes on the elegant explorer but was thrilled to see her right behind us in port. I will give a full review later on our short cruise but we had a great time though too quick (we knew that going in). Glad we are driving with 9 ships in. No airport for us!!! Will miss the sail away as will still be traveling so y'all enjoy and I will check in later.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Kazu, has the big ice storm hit you yet? I hear Ontario is having a bad time, with a lot of power outages, etc. Here it's just rainy and miserable and dark. Is 1of4 supposed to be flying today?

It has been coming down since last night :( It's going to worse than they originally thought - it is going to keep coming until Monday :eek:

It is really bad - hopefully it doesn't snow or the weight of the branches doesn't cause them to break and break power lines. There are already areas without power out here. So grateful we still have ours.

1of4 flies out on Christmas day - so hopefully by then things will be cleaned up there and they will get out without any issue :D