New Premium Drink Package: Are ALL Beers Available?

Phamer55

With the new Premium drink package recently announced, I was wondering if ALL beers are available? I would think so, but I've seen photographs from menus from before the new drink package was announced and numerous beers have an (*) next to them indicating they they "are not included in any packages". Since I'm not familiar with the older drink package, can someone verify that all beers are now included and that is definitely a change in policy?

Thanks!

With the new Premium drink package recently announced, I was wondering if ALL beers are available? I would think so, but I've seen photographs from menus from before the new drink package was announced and numerous beers have an (*) next to them indicating they they "are not included in any packages". Since I'm not familiar with the older drink package, can someone verify that all beers are now included and that is definitely a change in policy?

Thanks!

People have reported that all beers are not included. I don't know the details, but I do know that Chimay Blue is not included.

Thanks for the info. Not happy to hear that not all beers are included. As long as the beer costs less than $12, this makes no sense to me. Also, sounds like false advertising to me.

If they say upfront that certain beers are not includes how is it false advertising? It's a drinks package that entitles you to certain menu offerings (most, but not all). It is not called unlimited everything on the menu package.

In the British pub on Allure it was noted that certain beers were not included in any package. These were lesser known micro-brew beers and despite being under $12 per bottle they simply don't carry enough of these particular beers to satisfy demand if they were suddenly "free". They get the "regular stuff" by tractor trailer loads, the micro-brew stuff they may only get a couple of cases so that is why they do it.

I can tell you that Strongbow cider is not included!

Just off Senerade 9 nighter and my brother drank Strongbow daily using the premium package. Guinness, albeit from a can was also included.

If one bar says no then just ask in another, sometimes there is a learning curve amongst the staff.

If they say upfront that certain beers are not includes how is it false advertising? It's a drinks package that entitles you to certain menu offerings (most, but not all). It is not called unlimited everything on the menu package.

In the British pub on Allure it was noted that certain beers were not included in any package. These were lesser known micro-brew beers and despite being under $12 per bottle they simply don't carry enough of these particular beers to satisfy demand if they were suddenly "free". They get the "regular stuff" by tractor trailer loads, the micro-brew stuff they may only get a couple of cases so that is why they do it.

This makes sense^. Even though the beers may not be over $12 and would otherwise make sense to include, they don't want to completely run out the first day. Perhaps they will start stocking more of the non-adjunct beers as the package becomes more commonplace.

Edited by jahannah