Any advise for packing for Jan cruise to Bahamas?

jacksmom09

Hi! Never gone on a cruise in Jan usually go in April! I usually just pack sundresses, shorts, tanks and several swimsuits! Now I am really unsure what I should pack???:confused: I know it wont be as warm, but wonder just how cool it might really be? Anyone else cruised to Bahamas in Jan, I could really use some advise!

Hi! Never gone on a cruise in Jan usually go in April! I usually just pack sundresses, shorts, tanks and several swimsuits! Now I am really unsure what I should pack???:confused: I know it wont be as warm, but wonder just how cool it might really be? Anyone else cruised to Bahamas in Jan, I could really use some advise!

Hi:) I have sailed to the Bahamas/Caribbean in January many times

over the years:).....and your clothing is exactly what I pack. Shorts/

bathing suits/ t shirts/etc..for daytime. Oh, it is warm In January too!

I also normally throw in a lightweight cardigan and/or warmup jacket.

Enjoy your cruise:D

Edited by Lois R

I have been in the Bahamas when the weather was downright chily. That kind of weather is most likely to hit in January. Such cold snaps are short, often only a day or two, but if you are there on such a day, you will be glad to have a cozy jacket and maybe jeans or sweat pants or similar attire. Just saying. It can happen.

I have been in the Bahamas when the weather was downright chily. That kind of weather is most likely to hit in January. Such cold snaps are short, often only a day or two, but if you are there on such a day, you will be glad to have a cozy jacket and maybe jeans or sweat pants or similar attire. Just saying. It can happen.

That happened to us. It was very chilly and windy once when we were there.

We've been to the Bahamas late January early February and did not put on our bathing suits once, still able to wear shorts or light pants and T-shirts during day because sun is warm but not swim. But people from up north and Europe do swim, I've lived in Florida over 20 years and Bahamas bit much warmer than here and we never swim here in January, now you could have an unseasonable heat spell , who knows. We just got back from the Bahamas today and sic to go in any water but the hot tubs on the ship

As some have said bring a light jacket and a few other items should it be cooler when you are there. You just never know because sometimes there is a cold front this time of year. Might only happen once every few years but if it happens while you are there you will be happy that you had something to keep you warmer.

Keith

I agree with all posted. Unless you are in a polar beard club the only water you can comfortably get in is the hot tub. You may have lovely Warm days while in sun but expect cool breezes, at night you'll likely need a sweater or windbreaker, or just to stay inside of ship. is definitely much warmer then up north but typically close in temp to Florida winter weather. It won't snow. That's a promise. I saw bring shorts and long pants and layered tops including tanks, tshirts, light hoodie or sweater and a windbreaker. For evening girls bring a pashmina or nice cashmere sweater if westing sleeveless or short sleeve evening wear

I agree with all posted. Unless you are in a polar beard club the only water you can comfortably get in is the hot tub. You may have lovely Warm days while in sun but expect cool breezes, at night you'll likely need a sweater or windbreaker, or just to stay inside of ship. is definitely much warmer then up north but typically close in temp to Florida winter weather. It won't snow. That's a promise. I saw bring shorts and long pants and layered tops including tanks, tshirts, light hoodie or sweater and a windbreaker. For evening girls bring a pashmina or nice cashmere sweater if westing sleeveless or short sleeve evening wear

After I saw your promise of no snow, I just had to look it up. I can't believe it but it did snow there! :) I was in Vegas once and it snowed. The snow looked funny on the palm trees.

http://www.bahamaslocal.com/newsitem/1218/The_Day_it_Snowed_in_The_Bahamas.html

here is a link to current weather there.

http://www.bahamasweather.org.bs/index.php?page=climate

Edited by geocruiser

After I saw your promise of no snow, I just had to look it up. I can't believe it but it did snow there! :) I was in Vegas once and it snowed. The snow looked funny on the palm trees.

http://www.bahamaslocal.com/newsitem/1218/The_Day_it_Snowed_in_The_Bahamas.html

here is a link to current weather there.

http://www.bahamasweather.org.bs/index.php?page=climate

Yes it's like a every 20-50 year thing. I've lived in Orlando 22 years,we've seen lots of hail and a few snow flurries but never has it stuck to the ground, at all. Probably snow chances on Bahamas slightly less than here too as it's a little south east of us. Interesting during our cruise this week it was actually warmer in Orlando during the day than it was in the Bahamas and we were at the southern tip of one of the southern Bahamaian islands (Eluethra)

Yes it's like a every 20-50 year thing. I've lived in Orlando 22 years,we've seen lots of hail and a few snow flurries but never has it stuck to the ground, at all. Probably snow chances on Bahamas slightly less than here too as it's a little south east of us. Interesting during our cruise this week it was actually warmer in Orlando during the day than it was in the Bahamas and we were at the southern tip of one of the southern Bahamaian islands (Eluethra)

I live a little south of you on the coast during the winter. And it can get cold. A few years ago I believe it went down to 29 degrees by us. That must have been something to see--snow in Fl.!

Echo the others-bring some lightweight "warmer" clothes or at least a things with sleeves. It's gotten down to the 30's-40's even in the Miami/south florida area in January (though not often) but even temps in the 60's (fairly common in January) can be chilly. although it still may feel like a heat wave to you depending on where your coming from!

It was either January 1976 or 1977. I was in a tent at WDW in Orlando and woke up to snow on the ground. Winter break from college (NY) and no winter clothes!!!!

I was a Sr in High School in 76 and I live about a 2.5 hour drive from

Disney.....I don't recall that winter.

I do remember in 1989 it snowed here (Jacksonville)......I was living in Miami at the time and was going to drive home (6 hour drive) during

Christmas Break....my folks told me not to...the city was going a bit

nuts:eek:.....the bridges had all been closed......nobody around here

knows how to drive in snow:eek:....1989 was a freaky winter for the

whole state of Florida.

Oh, it snowed in Tampa that same winter too!

Edited by Lois R

Thanks for the input! Looks like there is no way to pack light!:confused:

Really?:confused:...Enchantment does 3 and 4 night cruises......I don't think

you would need to overpack for a short cruise. I seriously doubt it

will be as cold as some of the posts are pointing out.:)

Yes it is a 4 night cruise! I will be staying 1 night before cruise in Port Canaveril and 2 nights in Orlando after. We usually do 7 night cruises though last cruise was 8 nights! But looks like I will have to pack as much at least d/t wondering about the weather!:rolleyes:

Yes it is a 4 night cruise! I will be staying 1 night before cruise in Port Canaveril and 2 nights in Orlando after. We usually do 7 night cruises though last cruise was 8 nights! But looks like I will have to pack as much at least d/t wondering about the weather!:rolleyes:

Oh...so you will be gone for a week with 4 nights on the ship.

Check the weather channel or weather.com before you pack. It may

help:)