Cruising During A Birthday - Do you get anything?

thecruiserofships

It was my birthday on the Ecstasy in June, the room steward got me a card and wished me happy birthday and in the MDR three or four waiters brought over some cake with sparklers in and sang for me.

It was lovely, and I felt like a princess that day!!!!

I was just wondering if when you or someone you are cruising with is cruising during their birthday if they will get anything free from Carnival?

I know you can buy a variety of different things, but does Carnival give anything free?

Let John Heald know on his facebook page, he is a wonderful man and will send you something. He is off now but will be back next week. Happy birthday cruise to you.

I was just wondering if when you or someone you are cruising with is cruising during their birthday if they will get anything free from Carnival?

I know you can buy a variety of different things, but does Carnival give anything free?

Just planned my husband's birthday cruise. I specified in the reservation that it was his birthday. They had a birthday card waiting for him on his birthday and the MDR sang happy birthday also.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Back in the day a whole cake enough for the whole table was complimentary. Waiters sang.

Now you pay for the cake ahead of time if you want enough for the table. And on occasion they have forgotten to deliver.

YES I DID! I was on the Magic on November 12th. I got a nice card from our room steward. I got a picture of the ship autographed by the cruise director, a bottle of champagne and a genuine plastic, fake gold ship on a stick! And our waiters sang to me and we got a nice cake. This all may be because my room mate is a travel agent and knows who to tell. I was so pleased! I was told that the cruise director wished me a happy birthday on the morning TV show, but we missed it. It was a great birthday.

Have a bit of fun and walk every cabin deck and you will see just how many people with a birthday are also on your cruise by the door decorations:)

Every night in MDR you can hear the waiters singing "Happy Birthday" almost every 1/2 hour!

If you take age printed balloons and a happy birthday sign the steward will stick them to the cabin door so its a surprise when heading back to the cabin after dinner the night before.

The cabin decorations are good but can get quite annoying when the Birthday person wants to leave them up for the entire cruise:rolleyes::D:D

If you dont buy a cake the waiters will bring you a big slice with sparklers on it.

If you do buy a cake most of the time they forget to deliver it to MRD:D

Edited by fishtaco

I reached out to John Heald about my mom's birthday and she got a signed photo and ship on a stick. Then, she got a birtday card and another ship on a stick from the CD on her birthday. They sang to her in the dining room and there was a birthday message from guest services on the tv.

Take some dollar-store decorations... for a small tip ($5) your room steward will hang them while you're at dinner or enjoying a port day.

Wear a silly birthday hat, pin, etc. and you'll be surprised how many people will wish you a great day... and occasionally send you a frosty adult beverage.

On mom's 60th birthday cruise, 4 different guests sent her silly drinks. Granted, she was at most of the trivia games, dance lessons, etc. and is a great sport -- she'll play any game, cheers for everyone and has a great time.