Quick question on connecting cabins

allie3490

Morning! So for the first time I booked connecting cabins for us and my 2 boys.

Only problem is my TA said my husband and I had to be on separate reservations. How does that work with our key cards? Obviously my boys will be in 1 room and hubby and I in another. So would I have access to go into the boys cabin through the outside and vice versa? Can we get access to both rooms on our key cards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you check in, ask for a key pass to the boys cabin and one for yours. This will allow your husband to get in and out of your cabin and also give your son who is booked in your cabin access to his cabin. We always had to do this, and never had a problem with getting the access keys. We also left the connecting door open most of the time, made it seem like a bigger space. If you are sailing in connecting balconies ask them to remove the divider before you set sail, one big balcony!

Morning! So for the first time I booked connecting cabins for us and my 2 boys.

Only problem is my TA said my husband and I had to be on separate reservations. How does that work with our key cards? Obviously my boys will be in 1 room and hubby and I in another. So would I have access to go into the boys cabin through the outside and vice versa? Can we get access to both rooms on our key cards?

It's not necessary for your husband to be on a different reservation with Royal. Perhaps your TA is thinking of another cruise line. On Royal, the 2 boys can be booked by themselves in adjacent cabin, or one across the hall.

Once on board, you can go to Guest Services and get an extra key for the boy's cabin.

Edited by clarea

Oh I thought you had to have 1 minor and 1 adult in each room. That's what my TA said anyway. Well it was actually a substitute TA since the one I work with is on vacation.

But in any case as long as my husband can get a card for my room that's what really matters. Also, if we have 2 reservations how does that work with MTD? Can I make one reservations for all of us??

Oh I thought you had to have 1 minor and 1 adult in each room. That's what my TA said anyway. Well it was actually a substitute TA since the one I work with is on vacation.

But in any case as long as my husband can get a card for my room that's what really matters. Also, if we have 2 reservations how does that work with MTD? Can I make one reservations for all of us??

yes the mtd reservations can be linked

Yes, you can make reservations for all of you. Have your TA link your reservations for dining.

You do have to have 1 child and 1 adult registered to each cabin. They will not allow 2 children to be registered to a cabin alone. Once in the cabins you can be in cabin with husband and 2 kids in other cabin. However, what we do is either leave the adjoining doors open so everyone has access to both rooms or when you get onboard customer service will give you a key to access the room you want. As far as the onboard spending account everyone is under the same account.

We just went through all of this in July and will again August.

You do have to have 1 child and 1 adult registered to each cabin. They will not allow 2 children to be registered to a cabin alone. Once in the cabins you can be in cabin with husband and 2 kids in other cabin. However, what we do is either leave the adjoining doors open so everyone has access to both rooms or when you get onboard customer service will give you a key to access the room you want. As far as the onboard spending account everyone is under the same account.

Unless the rules have changed very recently, this is not true on Royal. Royal allows 2 children to be in a stateroom by themselves if the parents or guardians are in an adjacent stateroom, or directly across the hall.

Unless the rules have changed very recently, this is not true on Royal. Royal allows 2 children to be in a stateroom by themselves if the parents or guardians are in an adjacent stateroom, or directly across the hall.

I'm not sure if this is a new policy with Royal but this is what we were told when we traveled in July. Actually, one of the girls in my connecting room was my niece but since they were both 14 they wouldn't accept the reservation. Her parents were in the cabin next to them and we were able to open the balconies.

I hope they change this back it would be a little more convenient.

We have two adults in one stateroom (balcony); two minors in inside directly across the hall.

What I am hearing from my TA is that it is not allowed when the TA is booking online - they need to make a phone call. Some TAs don't want to be 'bothered' going that extra mile to make a person to person phone call so they tell you it can't be done. It can.

My son and daughter-in-law are booked in one cabin and their 3 minor children are booked in a connecting cabin for our cruise coming up in April. I was surprised that the travel agent was able to do it this way but apparently it is allowed.

Wrong......

Interesting. Looks like I'll be making another call to my TA tomorrow. I hate to be a pain but I need to get this right.

As already mentioned, be sure to tell the TA that they might have to call Royal, rather than use the TA website.

Bob is right. We've booked this way with our boys in the connecting cabin next door with the adults in one cabin and the boys in the other. It's never been a problem.

Royal Caribbean's age policy says:

No Guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of sailing.

This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military.

Note that their official policy (online, at least) doesn't mention putting the minors in a cabin across the hall, but that has been allowed by RCI's representatives and doesn't seem to have been a problem for others.