Olympics on the big screen??

wingnt68

Hope not, but if they do, shut off the sound.

lol

I have no idea, but think it would be cool to see there. Especially since it's winter Olympics. It may be nice to watch snowboarding while relaxing in the lido pool.

That might happen, but since there will be a good 5 or 6 hour time difference it isn't a really viable option for live coverage. All you'll get is recorded footage for the day. Besides, the US networks do a crappy job of covering the Olympics.

Vancouver 2010 winter games were covered by, CTV--I am Canadian. They had coverage from 7am to midnight every day. They broke for shortened morning and lunch news, and full evening news. US network coverage of the games was a joke....Your broadcasters only focus on US athletes, when CTV coverage showed the sport, no matter if a Canadian was in the event or not. They know that the country is made up of many nationalities, so showed just about everything!...US, uhm, nope....

If you want to watch the Olympics, you can watch them in the cabin on the TV, but coverage would start at around 5 or 6 in the morning...

That might happen, but since there will be a good 5 or 6 hour time difference it isn't a really viable option for live coverage. All you'll get is recorded footage for the day. Besides, the US networks do a crappy job of covering the Olympics.

Vancouver 2010 winter games were covered by, CTV--I am Canadian. They had coverage from 7am to midnight every day. They broke for shortened morning and lunch news, and full evening news. US network coverage of the games was a joke....Your broadcasters only focus on US athletes, when CTV coverage showed the sport, no matter if a Canadian was in the event or not. They know that the country is made up of many nationalities, so showed just about everything!...US, uhm, nope....

If you want to watch the Olympics, you can watch them in the cabin on the TV, but coverage would start at around 5 or 6 in the morning...

I agree on our U.S. coverage - it's crap. I really wish NBC would finally lose that contract and give someone else a shot at some decent coverage. I'm still excited about hopefully seeing the opening ceremonies at sea, though.

Unless you're in the same time zone as the games, I can't remember ever having "live" feeds.... even as a young child watching. It was all tape delay even back then except for the few games held in the U.S. or Canada.