Jumping ship to Seabourn

Dave Stuart

Seadream has not handled this engine failure well. The fact that the Jan 4 trip is now 4 days out of 7 at sea is being treated like the kitchen overcooked the toast-- a small matter. Its not. 4 days where you can go a bit stir crazy. Reports of internet and other problems. Yet, Sea Dream is not giving us a dime discount on this trip, they are only offering it on a future trip. Who came up with that crazy idea? The rules on effective crisis management is to aggressively fix the problem, provide detailed information on what is going on and aggressively help your customers. That is not how Seadream is handling it.

Fortunately, Seabourn has a trip the same time, with lots of great island stops--and it is less money. No brainer.

I encourage others to join us. I know Seadream is offering a credit for spa time--but a free massage and a future discount are not an adequate way to handle the problem.

Obviously completely subjective, but as one who has done several Seadream, Silversea and Seabourn cruises, to my mind Seabourn offers by far the closest ambience to Seadream, particularly on the small ships (soon to disappear). Only if a decent pool is of prime importance to you would the comparison seem disappointing. The staff on SB are very like those on SD; those on SS, as has been mentioned, are much less personable and interactive with passengers or each other, and the SS atmosphere is somehow more 'stuffy'.

Just a little warning...I found SeaDream and Seabourn to be totally different experiences. I'll take my chances with SeaDream in February!

And I found more similarities than differences. I guess that is why there are so many different cruise options out there.:D

Friends who first turned us on to SeaDream are going back to Seabourn this year. They said the service, staff and food are similar though they prefer the physical layout of SeaDream as to the pool and TOY bar over the comparable spaces on Seabourn.

We sailed both SB and SD in the past 3 months, and found a lot more similarities than differences. Also found both have a few advantages over the other. As someone said previously, SD has a better layout outdoors for hot-weather cruises, while the three little SB sisters are better laid out indoors.

I also like the newer SB ships, that while larger (450 pax), offer some extra amenities. Not as intimate as the smaller ships, but still nice.

We've actually recently switched back to SD. We did one of the small SB triplets last year, really like the size of cabins and the ships (but not the pool location AT ALL:eek:), but I think the SD crew wins out. They knew us quickly, they were more fun to be with, just a better overall guest experience. And now, with the little ones leaving :( not interested in 400+ pax. I guess it all depends on interests, we've done TA on SD and enjoyed 11 days at sea and loved it. But as noted previously, that's why there are so many different ships, itineraries, cruise lines, etc. Variety is the spice of life!

• 2 weeks later...
How nice of you to refer to other posters as crazy. Is that what they do in the posh part of the UK?

Yes that's what we do all the long, long day...........

As Commodoredave kindly attempts to explain; there may be a tad of eccentricity in my short offerings. But at least I do not have the condition of "lacofhumerus".

This manifests in a person taking themselves and life way too seriously and who erroneously feels personally grievously upset by a general (funny) remark that was not actually intended to be directed at that individual or group of individuals but was in fact an attempt at levity/humour/amusement. Refer also to paranoia.

WIPRO: "Oh, so you were trying to be funny"

Ho-hum: "yes"

WIPRO: "it was'nt funny. I thought you were attacking me personally

Ho-hum: "me so soolly: no offence meant. May I buy you drink at TOYB"

WIPRO: "but they're free !"

Ho-hum: "me trying to be funny"

WIPRO: "still not funny"

THE END

But (a bit) seriously I consider there are a significant number of (mainly regular) posters with years of great experience, that have considerable business expertise as well as life experience and numerous cruising days who also love the Sea Dream experience (especially the marvellous crew).

I generally value their contributions and look out for their postings.

Sadly CC does not have a spam filter that you can use for my generally very short offerings.

So live and let live: maybe move to Colorado and lighten up bro'

As Commodoredave kindly attempts to explain; there may be a tad of eccentricity in my short offerings. But at least I do not have the condition of "lacofhumerus".

This manifests in a person taking themselves and life way too seriously and who erroneously feels personally grievously upset by a general (funny) remark that was not actually intended to be directed at that individual or group of individuals but was in fact an attempt at levity/humour/amusement. Refer also to paranoia.

THE END

But (a bit) seriously I consider there are a significant number of (mainly regular) posters with years of great experience, that have considerable business expertise as well as life experience and numerous cruising days who also love the Sea Dream experience (especially the marvellous crew).

Sadly CC does not have a spam filter that you can use for my generally very short offerings.

Ho-hum, as usual, a very entertaining and non-routine response!!

THE END

So that's it Ho-Hum. Colorado just made pot legal. Far out!:D:D

But at least I do not have the condition of "lacofhumerus"....................you most certainly do not have this condition. I thoroughly enjoy reading and laughing at your posts :).

Now don't go encouraging old Ho-hum !

But thanks Poppy.

Check out his earlier posts especially http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1609753. It should be the one about the Amazon. Alternatively press on name and it shows all old posts beginning with Amazon; that thread was a lot of fun. Hahaha

Now don't go encouraging old Ho-hum !

But thanks Poppy.

Check out his earlier posts especially http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1609753. It should be the one about the Amazon. Alternatively press on name and it shows all old posts beginning with Amazon; that thread was a lot of fun. Hahaha

Ive already read all the previous posts lying in bed with a flu bug:eek: Very funny, choked laughing at times. Great sense of humour. Love it:p

Ive already read all the previous posts lying in bed with a flu bug:eek: Very funny, choked laughing at times. Great sense of humour. Love it:p

Quite a following Ho-hum has now, two old feral tree fellers from the back woods of Quebec, you and the two burly male nurses at my old Victorian secure unit out here on the wolf infested moors ! Aaaaaahhhhhoooooooo !

Not exactly the world sweeping movement that John Lennon & Yoko Ono inspired with their Peace protests, which I am guessing is about the time your hippy parents gave the world: Poppy, who would later go on to add that much needed distinct ray of sunshine and beauty in this world.

They say laughter is the best medicine but if you are choking then either you are reading Ho-hum's old posts slouching in bed or are eating cake or both !

Some care and attention is required when reading these posts: you are obviously vicariously, gorging on these lines giggling along THEN there is a line which is the equivalent of coming across a whole chilli in your meal and hey presto, a series of convulsions ensues resulting in said choking which if not checked may lead to complete loss of bladder control or worse !

Well I'm off for a lower under-garment change of apparel myself, so I wish you all a good day.

"Ho-hum that's twice already to-day !

And I dont think he's done yet !

Stop slouching and put that cake down, God damn it !"

Now P that's really an Eeeeeeekkkkkkkkk !

Get better soon.

Apologies to all serious Sea Dream posters/viewers, a serious interruption to our service has occurred with these unfortunate low tone, self-indulgent Ho-hum posts.

Normal (dull) service will be resumed as soon as possible: our engineers (in Quebec) are working on the problem (as soon as they are back from a huntin').

Sorry Ho-Hum, but your techies are not out a huntin', they are-judging from all the car license plates in traffic- all down here in the Valley of the Sun watching the Phoenix Open, Major League Baseball Spring Training, Barrett-Jackson (and others) expensive car auctions and just plain clogging up all the pools in the area. I suspect all will return to normal in your part of the forest when we top 100 down here.:eek: To keep on track, this is about SeaDream, yes?:eek::D

Ho-hum, where is the Quebec reference coming from? Are you a member of the Parti Quebecois, and an independiste or separatist? Are you a supporter of the loonie Premier Marois who is trying to outlaw minorities?

Oh illustrious Commodore, supporting any party is far too earnest for old ho-hum !

Being a devotee at the temple of the "Sea Dream crew" is more than enough ! Ommmm.

It's funny though.

It did'nt take long to smoke out James "Budgie" Arbuckle Aviary and Commodore Nelson "Twinkle-toes" Davidos who recently scurrilously alleged that old ho-hum's posts were written soon after either;

- inhaling "those" substances becoming legal in those educated parts of the US !

and

- regularly frequenting the pub/s for long periods until closing time !

Ho-hum has been urged to issue a writ for malicious slander to both "gentleman" by his old family solicitors: Sue, Grabbit & Run but whilst both allegations can be completely defended, examination by any half-competent attorney could discover his love of Burgundy & Bordeaux in liberal measures (but only with chums) and it may be difficult to persuade a judge that any damage has occurred by their remarks when it still gives ho-hum such a good chuckle !

Oh illustrious Commodore, supporting any party is far too earnest for old ho-hum !

Being a devotee at the temple of the "Sea Dream crew" is more than enough ! Ommmm.

It's funny though.

It did'nt take long to smoke out James "Budgie" Arbuckle Aviary and Commodore Nelson "Twinkle-toes" Davidos who recently scurrilously alleged that old ho-hum's posts were written soon after either;

- inhaling "those" substances becoming legal in those educated parts of the US !

and

- regularly frequenting the pub/s for long periods until closing time !

Ho-hum has been urged to issue a writ for malicious slander to both "gentleman" by his old family solicitors: Sue, Grabbit & Run but whilst both allegations can be completely defended, examination by any half-competent attorney could discover his love of Burgundy & Bordeaux in liberal measures (but only with chums) and it may be difficult to persuade a judge that any damage has occurred by their remarks when it still gives ho-hum such a good chuckle !

Ho-hum, when I suggested you were on something, I should have known it was just a bar stool! I owe you a nice glass of Bordeaux should we ever meet afloat.