Is It Possible....

Captain Carnival

....That the new Carnival Vista (2016) will find herself as the "anchor" ship built exclusively for European Ports?

I know that there has been a lot of talk and speculation as to why Carnival is not scheduled to sail in Europe in 2014 and perhaps not in 2015 either so perhaps the launch of the Vista may just find herself with a (semi) permanent home in European waters?

After all....both the Carnival Spirit and soon to be Carnival Legend will both be calling Australia home.

....That the new Carnival Vista (2016) will find herself as the "anchor" ship built exclusively for European Ports?

I know that there has been a lot of talk and speculation as to why Carnival is not scheduled to sail in Europe in 2014 and perhaps not in 2015 either so perhaps the launch of the Vista may just find herself with a (semi) permanent home in European waters?

After all....both the Carnival Spirit and soon to be Carnival Legend will both be calling Australia home.

Not a chance in h e double hockey sticks

I doubt they will do that. They have never really seen an affinity to anything other than the Caribbean, Australia aside. Their presence in the European market is marginal at best. I applaud your thoughts though.

Well RCL certainly see Europe as having potential, with a new ship being based here in 2015. I hope Carnival join them, whether it's the Vista or one of their other ships.

It's just a question of marketing. They need to move away from the "fun" image as certainly to us Brits it is perceived as Butlins at sea, or Benidorm in the 80's. Just concentrate on what they offer on board and the value for money.

When Disney arrived in 2010 there were an awful lot of sailings that were half empty, now they sail mostly full in the main summer months, so it can be done, they just need to find their European market. I know Carnival are not in the same league as Disney I have cruised both lines.

Well RCL certainly see Europe as having potential, with a new ship being based here in 2015. I hope Carnival join them, whether it's the Vista or one of their other ships.

It's just a question of marketing. They need to move away from the "fun" image as certainly to us Brits it is perceived as Butlins at sea, or Benidorm in the 80's. Just concentrate on what they offer on board and the value for money.

When Disney arrived in 2010 there were an awful lot of sailings that were half empty, now they sail mostly full in the main summer months, so it can be done, they just need to find their European market. I know Carnival are not in the same league as Disney I have cruised both lines.

I would not bet on Carnival letting go of the FUN aspect anytime in the next century.

• 1 month later...
Carnival in Europe would compete with costa. Their other line. No reason to compete with itself

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

While they are under of the same corporate umbrella and the routes would be the same, their target audinece is widely different. Costa goes to the European customer and Carnival's market is U.S. Totally different and not much of an overlap.

• 1 month later...
I would not bet on Carnival letting go of the FUN aspect anytime in the next century.
I second that emotion. Carnival is a fun cruise. Ask my wife!!

I hate to think how boring and sedate some of the other cruise lines are! :eek:

While they are under of the same corporate umbrella and the routes would be the same,

their target audience is widely different.

Costa goes to the European customer and Carnival's market is U.S.

Totally different and not much of an overlap.

Your assessment is right on, but here's the killer:

Most Americans who would book a Euro-Carnival cruise

are daunted by the killer-expensive air fares to get to the cruise!

I can get excellent cruise deals all over this planet

but getting to those cruises is another matter. :cool:

Your assessment is right on, but here's the killer:

Most Americans who would book a Euro-Carnival cruise

are daunted by the killer-expensive air fares to get to the cruise

I can get excellent cruise deals all over this planet

but getting to those cruises is another matter. :cool:

I agree. We tried to get a group together last year to do the northern European route in the Legend and it fell apart mainly due to airfare. The airfare was more than the cruise fare.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone