Remy/palo

ppiew

Recently we were on a 3 day on the DREAM and ate in both the specialty restaurants. Both were excellent but interesting that PALO only had maybe half the people as REMY. I was surprised because 2 years ago it was the opposite. I also feel that PALO and its menu need a bit of tweaking. DISNEY has so many repeat cruisers they need to keep up to date a bit more. Our meal/service at REMY was top shelf! Couldn't have been better in anyway. Palo was - good but nothing special anymore. At REMY they even invited us back from 2 yrs ago and sat us at the same table! They must keep some kind of 'list' of previous guests and then acknowledge your return. Very special I must say!

• 3 weeks later...
I actually found it the other way round on our last trip, Palo was packed and Remy had only 4 tables occupied for dinner.

They are of course different dining experiences but we would do dinner at Palo again but not Remy for dinner. We are used to fine dining but there were a couple of things I didn't like in Remy, one was a piece of bone in something and the port was lousy which surprised me. The bill was circa $300 and I thought it should have been perfect. The value in Palo is much better IMO. Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

I sure hope you let the REMY staff know of the shortcomings - they would not be happy! We like both restaurants and they had something different to offer which was nice. I liked REMY better and hubby liked PALO (this trip). We are lucky to have both I think!!

Yes, we told them but nothing more was said, I was amazed especially the bone fragment, but it didn't spoil the meal just surprised me. I was more disappointed in the port.

We still had a nice time, our servers, Sommelier etc. were all smashing and especially when we spoke in their own languages to them, the Dutch Sommeliers face was a picture and it made our experience a bit less "stuffy". Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

was this on the DREAM or the FANTASY? most certainly I would at least send a letter. They have invested a lot into that restaurant and I would hate to see it fail. At REMY"S Our wine was perfectly decanted (after they asked if we wanted it decanted) , perfectly poured and served at the right temperature. We didn't have port, but did have a very nice Sauterne. Exquisite evening in every way. When we ate at REMY's on an earlier trip we had a large group and they put us in the Gasteau (?) Room. I think we had 3 servers and everything was like clockwork. One table member does not eat fish and before she decided what alternative she would have, the chef came out from the kitchen and discussed her likes and dislikes and the next thing you knew he created a whole menu for her! Awesome!
At PALO after our main course we were 'forgotten about' and had to hail a waiter to get our dessert and our check. They just didn't seem very 'with it' the day we were there. Maybe the small turnout had something to do with it as it is usually so busy. I didn't dislike PALO, it just seemed so so . I suppose it changes.