I'm dreaming of my...

Another Michigander here. I can't get warm for love nor money!! Shoveled about 5" this morning and then shoveled what blew back this afternoon. We are usually in Florida by now but decided to stick it out at home this year till the end of January. What were we thinking?:confused:

To keep my mind off the frigid temps and the snow I've been working on my packing lists and pulling out my cruise clothes.

It's so cold the house is creaking!

Cathy

Glad, as well as surprised, to see so many responses from Michigan, especially the Southeast area. I am about 30 minutes from Detroit, in Washtenaw County, what county are you in?

I'm in southern monroe county. About 6 miles from the Ohio line.

Edited by goldgirl2

Yep!! All day long while plowing snow (15 hour shift) I kept saying to myself, Cruisin in May...cruising in May! Didn't help me either :)

We got about 6 inches here in Washington MI. Nothing but bitter cold and snow in the forecast!

See you on the Allure :D

I'm in southern monroe county. About 6 miles from the Ohio line.

Anywhere near Ragi or Blissfield? You are a little further south then we are. I think you had a little more snow also.

Edited by sleepless

I have never been on the Allure, but have done the Oasis; loved it.

I am so excited about going on the Allure. Course, that warm, fuzzy feeling I get when thinking about the upcoming cruise is not really helping to warm up the body from the frigid cold bestowed upon us by Old Man Winter.

But, then, it never hurts to dream....

(and plan, and obsess!!!)

Edited by sleepless

Yep!! All day long while plowing snow (15 hour shift) I kept saying to myself, Cruisin in May...cruising in May! Didn't help me either :)

We got about 6 inches here in Washington MI. Nothing but bitter cold and snow in the forecast!

Hello neighbor :) We are in northern Macomb Twp. And we got a snow day today for the kids because of the bitter cold.

We are on the liberty in a week. We are currently in the midst of a blizzard so I've been thinking about nothing else than the cruise.:)

I'll bet you are flying out the day before at the least. Watching the news today you realize why so many people do so when you can.

Anyone cruising next week needs to keep an eye on the weather. The weather guy just said that another storm is supposed to hit south east Michigan. All day Sunday, into Monday up to 9 inches of additional snow is in the forecast. Cold temperatures for Monday, and below zero on Tuesday.

I'm dreaming of booking a last minute February cruise. No complaints on our DFW weather. It's in the 50s today. Sending some warmth and sun your way. And fingers and toes crossed everyone makes it out of the snow to sunny FL to enjoy their upcoming cruises.

Chicago is preparing to get WALLOPED with a cold-snap, starting this weekend. Monday it's gonna feel like the arctic! NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS...COME GET ME PLEASE! :eek:

And will you pick me up to? PLEASE!!!

upcoming June/July Allure cruise while I dig out of the current Michigan snow storm. We received about 9 inches south of Detroit. Anyone else dreaming about cruising while they dig out?

I am dreaming of the Allure boarding in 4 weeks-so 'glad' to hear we may get another foot of snow this weekend. Being from Michigan that is why we always fly down the day before.

I'm dreaming of sailing out of PE on the Independence in 2 weeks!:D It gets me through work all night and shoveling the sidewalk all day. This will be the 1st cruise as homeowners. Any tips about closing up the house for a week in winter? Help is appreciated.

I'm dreaming too....................Allure come take me away, in just shy over 200 days.

DENISE!!!!!!!!

How are you.

DD is at BGSU.

GPA 4.0 (Not including her blood alcohol level) (the newest calculation)

Very Proud of her!!

Hows the family?

Sea Ya

Sue and crew

Anyone cruising next week needs to keep an eye on the weather. The weather guy just said that another storm is supposed to hit south east Michigan. All day Sunday, into Monday up to 9 inches of additional snow is in the forecast. Cold temperatures for Monday, and below zero on Tuesday.

Yeah, I've seen as much as 12" predicted for Ann Arbor. I've been on crutches since mid-December, because of knee surgery, and I've been working from home this week. My boss emailed me and told me to plan on it for Monday and Tuesday because of the cold and snow. I'm starting to get a little cabin fever, but so much better than falling right now.

I am dreaming of the Allure boarding in 4 weeks-so 'glad' to hear we may get another foot of snow this weekend. Being from Michigan that is why we always fly down the day before.

We're boarding Oasis the day before you board the Allure! See you in Florida!

With such a large percentage of cruisers coming from Michigan I now know why we never get that "state" discount. RCI knows the snow birds will be sailing to thaw out. It was -13 when I got up this morning. And that was not the wind chill!

I'm dreaming too....................Allure come take me away, in just shy over 200 days.

DENISE!!!!!!!!

How are you.

DD is at BGSU.

GPA 4.0 (Not including her blood alcohol level) (the newest calculation)

Very Proud of her!!

Hows the family?

Sea Ya

Sue and crew

Sue, I doing great. So is the family. My nephew will graduate from BGSU this spring - he is working on a special education degree. Glad to read that your daughter is doing well. Are you going to get the snow that is predicted her for this weekend into Monday?

Yeah, I've seen as much as 12" predicted for Ann Arbor. I've been on crutches since mid-December, because of knee surgery, and I've been working from home this week. My boss emailed me and told me to plan on it for Monday and Tuesday because of the cold and snow. I'm starting to get a little cabin fever, but so much better than falling right now.

We're boarding Oasis the day before you board the Allure! See you in Florida!

I live outside of Ypsilanti, still in Washtenaw county. We are practically neighbors.