sooks and sangria april

wiltonjam

We are doing the sooks and sangria cruise in April, can anyone give us any advice on how close the ship berths to the town centres in Motril, Valencia and Cartegena. Also this is our first time on I.E. what adapters should we bring with us. Many thanks for your help

We are doing the sooks and sangria cruise in April, can anyone give us any advice on how close the ship berths to the town centres in Motril, Valencia and Cartegena. Also this is our first time on I.E. what adapters should we bring with us. Many thanks for your help

Sorry can't help with this one but if you post on Thomson you should get some help. I think that some of the other ships have been to these ports. I always take those adaptors you get from pound shops where they have both European and American types, it's usually one or the other or both on most ships. I'm pretty sure it's European on the IE. Don't take your own hairdryer though as the power doesn't seem too good, as soon as you get onboard go to reception and hire one for the week, free of charge, they are quite good. Be quick though and don't forget to take it back before you leave.:):)

Jan

Edited by ekco

I'm looking at Souks & Sangria for April as well,,I have a special big birthday on the 25th and haven't been to any of the ports of call so it's appealing to me! The Escape is a lovely happy ship and I know I'll have an excellent time,,it's currently top of my possibles list of birthday cruises! The others are Spanish Sensations on the Maj and a couple of P&O jobs,,just need to decide pretty soon.

The Majesty is a friendly ship the same as all Thomson ships. Quite a lot of the crew came over from the Destiny it was lovely seeing old faces. We chose the I.E. because of the itinerary and had heard good reports about the ship we are looking forward to it and as you can see planing what to do already.

Valencia - the ship docks a long way from the town - we got a taxi in - about 10 euros I think.

Cartegena - ship docks right near the town. Turn right for the castle and left for the amphitheatre and the shops.

Can't help with Motril :(

The Island Escape has a page on Facebook where people can give you lots of information on the ship and the cruises it does. We went on last year on our first ever cruise and loved it, hoping to go again some time this year.

Thank you all for your responses. We are looking forward to it, am starting to make lists so I am going to make my apologies now for annoying you all with various questions if I can't find the answers. I don't use Facebook that much but will maybe go on to have a look.:)

Thank you all for your responses. We are looking forward to it, am starting to make lists so I am going to make my apologies now for annoying you all with various questions if I can't find the answers. I don't use Facebook that much but will maybe go on to have a look.:)

Ask away. I prefer the forums myself, rather than Facebook. It's always a good idea to do a search on the forum for any queries as most have been answered before. I will bump up a thread I started a couple of years ago called '5 things you wish you had known on your first cruise' over on Thomson forum, it's full of goods tips, also a bit of nonsense gossip as well.:):)

Done it, it's on Thomson now.

Jan

Edited by ekco

Thanks very much will have a look its more where things are for me seems like the entertainment and food are good. The A.I. won't worry me too much as they usually do my preferred tipple!!

Pat

It's nice to have something to look forward to. I have to say that the crew and staff on the IE are by far and away the nicest on any ship we have been on. They seem to be more genuine and friendly than most. We have got some new cases ordered though so it's a start, all we need is a holiday to go with them, lol. Thomson airline badly damaged one of ours last year and it's taken 6 months of persistence to get them to reimburse us. I don't give up though when I'm in the right, the case looked like it had been run over it was so badly damaged.:)

Jan

Glad you got the case issue sorted. I normally manage to lose a handle or a wheel off mine. I am looking forward to this trip especially as gib is one of my favourite places. Hope you get something booked soon.

Pat.

Thanks Pat, I hope so too. I'm sick of this weather, it seems to be dark for 18 hours a day.:eek:

Jan

Hi Jan, know how you feel I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark hope these floods aren't affecting you too much. Thanks for bumping up that post again, it has proved very useful. I have started to get my lists together now as I only have 87 days to go!!

Thanks again

Pat

Still flooded in Oxford :(:(

Time to get out the canoes. Every single day it's quite nice and mostly sunny and every single evening it rains and rains and rains. Bizarre.:D

Jan

Yes it's been raining here again this evening. I only have 84 days now to hopefully be enjoying some warm dry and sunny weather!!! Just out of interest does anyone know the cost of eating in the oasis I am intending to treat my group to at least one evening in here as I understand the food is very good. Thanks again for all your answers, they are much appreciated.

Pat

Yes it's been raining here again this evening. I only have 84 days now to hopefully be enjoying some warm dry and sunny weather!!! Just out of interest does anyone know the cost of eating in the oasis I am intending to treat my group to at least one evening in here as I understand the food is very good. Thanks again for all your answers, they are much appreciated.

Pat

Ooh! We went in the Oasis a couple of years ago and it was very nice. A change from the scrum of the MDA. If I remember rightly, and my memory is terrible, we paid about £15 each and got a bottle of wine. It might have been £35 for two with the wine. It will probably be a bit more now I think but worth it, RR used to eat in the Oasis ever night and he's a serial IE passenger. They had an offer of 5 nights paid and one night free. As the IE is a cheaper cruise it's not an awful lot more to treat yourself to a la carte. The daily newsletter will give you details. I'm not very helpful am I, lol, but you get the idea. I might have some newsletters upstairs, I'll have a look tomorrow.:):)

Jan

Ooh! We went in the Oasis a couple of years ago and it was very nice. A change from the scrum of the MDA. If I remember rightly, and my memory is terrible, we paid about £15 each and got a bottle of wine. It might have been £35 for two with the wine. It will probably be a bit more now I think but worth it, RR used to eat in the Oasis ever night and he's a serial IE passenger. They had an offer of 5 nights paid and one night free. As the IE is a cheaper cruise it's not an awful lot more to treat yourself to a la carte. The daily newsletter will give you details. I'm not very helpful am I, lol, but you get the idea. I might have some newsletters upstairs, I'll have a look tomorrow.:):)

Jan

Thanks for the info Jan it sounds like we will enjoy it I would assume the welcome newsletter in our cabin on arrival will give us all the details. Take care

Pat

Thanks for the info Jan it sounds like we will enjoy it I would assume the welcome newsletter in our cabin on arrival will give us all the details. Take care

Pat

Yes, there should be a newsletter on arrival and then one every night after with all the info.:):)

Jan

Pat

wiltonjam.

The Oasis was £14.99 at the end of last season, but they had scrapped the 5 for 4 offer. If you went after (I think) 9pm it was around £10. You could also have a meal for 2 plus a bottle of wine for around £35.

We ate in there every night - heaven!!

wiltonjam.

The Oasis was £14.99 at the end of last season, but they had scrapped the 5 for 4 offer. If you went after (I think) 9pm it was around £10. You could also have a meal for 2 plus a bottle of wine for around £35.

We ate in there every night - heaven!!

Thanks MallorcaChap that's great we may well do the same .

• 5 weeks later...

Now then peeps..this Souks and Sangria malarkey,,I haven't been to any of these places we are going to! I'm very excited:D I've just been looking at shore excursions but not much took my fancy except a couple in Motril for Granada and the Alhambra. So to those of you that have done this cruise before I am in need of your superior knowledge of the ports of call. As Poirot would say,,tell to me if you will the usual and useful hints and tips about where we dock,how far is it into town,,is there a beach etc. What did you do in the ports? You know what I mean! Pretttty please. As we'll be in Tangiers on my birthday I want to do something really Morroccan:D