Travel from Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale

jimbo87

Hi Everybody,

My brother and I are finishing a business trip in Orlando on Jan 23 (first thing in the morning) and then boarding Liberty OTS that day. Any suggestions on the best way to get to Ft. Lauderdale quickly and easily? We have a free shuttle to the Orlando airport that morning at any time if we want to use it; not sure if that will be useful or not.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Everybody,

My brother and I are finishing a business trip in Orlando on Jan 23 (first thing in the morning) and then boarding Liberty OTS that day. Any suggestions on the best way to get to Ft. Lauderdale quickly and easily? We have a free shuttle to the Orlando airport that morning at any time if we want to use it; not sure if that will be useful or not.

Thanks,

Jim

There are shuttles that leave Orlando. See link.

http://www.miamiorlandoshuttle.com/orlando_to_ft_lauderdale_bus.html

This one is $25 pp but leaves very early in the am.

You could also do a one way car rental with one of the agencies that has a shuttle to the pier. It's a 3 to 3 1/2 hour drive.

A flight old be the quickest but priciest.

We have done the drive a few times. Left at 7 and on board by 11:30

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Hi Everybody,

Thanks,

Jim

If you don't want to fly, I'd arrange a one-way car rental from MCO to FLL. It would be about a 3.5 hour drive.

There is also the Cruise Connection bus, but you would have to get to their pickup location somehow.

http://cruiseconnection.travel/

Honestly, as Clarea said, a one-way car rental might be the best option if you're able to get to the airport. Taxis in Orlando are notoriously expensive.

Edited by tahqa

We did this for our Oasis cruise last year. One day, one way car rental from MCO to FLL. National (and Alamo) have free shuttles from FLL to the pier. Easy, peasy.

As far as driving vs. flying, I think the timing would be about the same by the time you have early arrival to get through security at MCO and any possible flight delays.

As far as route, take the turnpike. Not a lot of traffic. Keep a close eye on the weather. We had a storm come through during our drive which slowed us down for the last hour or so.