Canadian Princess Cruisers

Gunner22aa

Looks like the Canadian exchange rate with Princess took another 5% hit recently.

I noticed all the cruises I had been following jumped in price a bit and after making a quick calculation found them all to be priced at an exchange of 1.35 When I had last looked (early November) they were all at 1.30.

Forecasts at this point don't call for the official exchange rate to improve much or at all in the coming year so I guess this is to be expected.

Don

Looks like the Canadian exchange rate with Princess took another 5% hit recently.

I noticed all the cruises I had been following jumped in price a bit and after making a quick calculation found them all to be priced at an exchange of 1.35 When I had last looked (early November) they were all at 1.30.

Forecasts at this point don't call for the official exchange rate to improve much or at all in the coming year so I guess this is to be expected.

Don

Oceania is charging 1.25. Makes them a little more competitive with the mainstream lines

The current spot rate today is 1.325 which is where it will stay unless the price of oil rises! The 1.35 Princess rate should not be used! If you want to protect your cruise rate at 1.35, book with a discount US agency UNLESS Princess is lowering the prices on the Canadian booking site.

We booked our cruise last week, so even at 1.30, I may only use it if the CDN falls lowers, which I do NOT see happening.

Happy cruising:)

• 4 months later...
Effective March 17th Princess changed their conversion factor back to 1.30 from 1.35. It says for new bookings only but my TA was able to cancel and rebook and keep our same cabin. Over $300 in savings.

Just got a call from my TA informing me that Celebrity is offering cruises at PAR for Canadians! Obviously not all of them but for us there is a South American one with similar itinerary to our Princess and the price is VERY attractive for us since we have already booked Club Class and the "equivalent" on Celebrity includes everything, premium beverage plan(upgraded), gratuities, internet and OBC!

Also noticed NCL is offering the same BUT it is NCL:(!

We will investigate as we only put down $1 each for the cruise which included free gratuities and OBC.

Happy Cruising

Just got a call from my TA informing me that Celebrity is offering cruises at PAR for Canadians! Obviously not all of them but for us there is a South American one with similar itinerary to our Princess and the price is VERY attractive for us since we have already booked Club Class and the "equivalent" on Celebrity includes everything, premium beverage plan(upgraded), gratuities, internet and OBC!

We will investigate as we only put down $1 each for the cruise which included free gratuities and OBC.

Happy Cruising[/quote

and Princess allows us to book at 1.30.

• 7 months later...

Happy Cruising[/quote

and Princess allows us to book at 1.30.

We haven't booked NCL in over 20 years after a poor experience, but we wondered if we should try them again. We love Princess and Celebrity, but your comment about NCL, made me chuckle and makes me think we haven't missed anything.