Cruise Critic Community
jklc123

Amsterdam hotel advice

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Fita ?

If so, is it a good location for walking and seeing Amsterdam ?

Elayne

Great answers on this question!

But I have a different slant:

My daughter will be meeting us in Amsterdam when we are staying onboard a Uniworld Ship in April. We are looking for a reasonable hotel for her within walking distance of where the river-cruise ships dock. Any suggestions?

My daughter will be meeting us in Amsterdam when we are staying onboard a Uniworld Ship in April. We are looking for a reasonable hotel for her within walking distance of where the river-cruise ships dock. Any suggestions?

April will be my first time there but I will say after alot of research:

Doubletree and Moevnipick are both right down where the ships dock.

The Doubletree is very conveniently located, and its Sky Lounge bar has great views.

Riverships have various dockingplaces, but all of them in general not too far from Centraal Station. Try to find out the exact dockingplace to see whether it will be walkable from the hotel you choose.

The Ibis Central Station might work for your daughter. It's right next to the station but we did not hear noise when we stayed there in April. Rooms are small but clean. Reserve well in advance as April is a popular time and prices rise accordingly.

Morning Ladies,

If any of you are considering staying at The Toren Hotel send an e-mail to Kelly Gardner, Guest Relations. I can highly recommend her and her staff as they do a tremendous job.

Once again if you are going in Early September don't wait as these European Boutique Hotels are in HIGH DEMAND..

Hoping this may help and also Pancake Bakery right around the corner in one direction and Ann Frank House in the other direction. About a three minute walk for each.

Gary

Gary do you have an e mail for Kelly Gardner.

If you don't wish to post it on the board, my e mail address is kesworld AT aol DOT com

For the AT sure @ and for the DOT us .

Thank you.

Keith

Have you looked at Hotel Estherea? Lovely boutique hotel on a quiet canal. Near everything.

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Fita ?

If so, is it a good location for walking and seeing Amsterdam ?

Elayne

We ended up choosing the Aalder, which is the Museum District, very close to the Fita. Amsterdam is very small. If you like walking you can walk all of the canals from there. If not, there are trams conveniently located. And you're close the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh. It's also just a nice area, not too touristy like some parts of downtown Amsterdam. Also close to Vondelpark, a lovely park that's great for walking in nice weather.

"The Ibis Central Station might work for your daughter. It's right next to the station but we did not hear noise when we stayed there in April. Rooms are small but clean. Reserve well in advance as April is a popular time and prices rise accordingly."

I second this choice as this is where I stayed for a tulip and windmill cruise years ago. It is nice after a long flight to take the train from Schiphol to Amsterdam Central Station and pull your luggage a short stop, you are at the hotel!! It was an easy walk to the ship.

Second seating