40th anniversary cruise

kaytez

Thanks for all of the comments!

We really like the idea of more sea days.

DH refuses to fly, so we will have to stick to the east coast. There are plenty of ports to choose from within driving distance.

Planing is part of the fun for me, part of which is visiting all the travel boards.:D

My wife and I willbe celebrating our 40th next April. Congratulations!!!

We like the like cruises with more at sea days too. We have discovered that Carnival is the best cruise line for this itinerary. Besides I am 59 but still in senior denial and am not ready to just kick back and relax yet...lol HAL would probably be an exelent choice. It is owned by Carnival so has to be good....lol

Congratulations again and happy sailing on whatever cruise you choose.

Terry

My wife and I willbe celebrating our 40th next April. Congratulations!!!

We like the like cruises with more at sea days too. We have discovered that Carnival is the best cruise line for this itinerary. Besides I am 59 but still in senior denial and am not ready to just kick back and relax yet...lol HAL would probably be an exelent choice. It is owned by Carnival so has to be good....lol

Congratulations again and happy sailing on whatever cruise you choose.

Terry

Congratulations to you also! Are you making any special plans?;)

Due to 'unforseen circumstances', we are having to compromise on our trip (as far as money spent). I don't feel we are compromising in choosing the Carnival Glory for Sept. 9th 2006. We have had very good experiences on the Carnival ships we have been on, and expect the same on this one!

We used an online travel agency and got a balcony, $100 shipboard credit, choc. covered strawberries and champagne, 3 bottles of wine, 4 drink coupons and 2 photos.

We originally chose the Glory partly for the 3 sea days...but since the port changes there are now 2 sea days. We will probably stay on the ship in Nassau.

Port Canaveral is an OK drive. We will be going down 3 days early and staying at the Radisson; we feel very comfortable there with the pool, tiki bar and the resturant (buffet breakfast included each morning).

We plan on seeing the space center and enjoying Cocoa Beach.

In Belize we will be doing the cave tubing with cavetubing.com; not sure about the rest.

Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions...thougth for futures cruises!!!:D

Kaytez,

We almost were cruising together. We are on the Glory on the September 2nd sailing. I guess we'll have to leave the lights on for you...hee hee I hope ther is something left to eat for you folks after we get off.

What port changes are you refering too? Our itinerery is: Port Canaveral

Nassau

Fun day at sea

St. Thomas

St. Maartin

fun day at sea

fun day at sea

Port Canaveral

Is there something we should know?

We haven't made any special plans for our 40th yet but I am sure there will be a cruise involved. We have a while to think about it as our anniversary is in April of 2007.

You are lucky tobe within driving distance of the port. We live in Oregon and our granddaughter lives with us and cruises with us so always have to ad another $1000 or so for round trip air. That pretty much limits what cruises we can take...lol

Terry

early iron

We are sailing the western route.

Carnival deleted Key West and replaced it with Cozumel (been there twice...loved it) and added Nassau (been there once...may stay on the ship.

Celebrate the entire year! 'The Year of Early Iron'.:D :D

kaytez,

Let me try this agian. Might work this time.

The Year of Early Iron. I like that....ha ha

Western Caribbean is our favorite cruise. Have been to Cozumel 3 or four times. We like to snorkel and there is no better snorkeling in the world as around Palincar Reef of of Roatan Island, Honduras and Belieze.

You are not the first one to say they would stay on the ship in Nassau, We have never been to the Bahamas so we will probably go ashore for a while. I feel the same way about Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Don't care if I ever see Jamaica again.

Terry

• 2 months later...

kaytez

Congratualtions on your 40th anniversary. We have been married for 40 years(April 29) and are celebrating the entire year. We also were young and have a great family and 4 grandchildren with 2 more on the way.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

kaytez

Congratualtions on your 40th anniversary. We have been married for 40 years(April 29) and are celebrating the entire year. We also were young and have a great family and 4 grandchildren with 2 more on the way.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Congratulations to you and yours as well.;)

Yes celebrate the entire year...I see you are leaving in a week for Alaska.

What a treat! Are you doing any pre or post cruise land pkgs?:)

I'm starting to get anxious waiting on our Docs! Packing is starting to be a reality!!!:eek:

Congrats on the forth coming additions also. No one due while you are gone I hope.

We are flying this Wed to Seattle and then have a car rented to Drive to Portland OR for a visit with friends. Our friends were there when we were married and his Dad was the Pastor that married us. So a reunion at the same time. Since I have a knee replacement this coming fall:( , our excursions will be walking friendly--the Whale Watching from Juneau, the Train in Skagway and the Lumberjack show in Ketchikan and trying to find a picture for friend.

We have one grandchild due Sept 17 but she may go early. The other one is due the end of March and we leave for the Panama cruise the end of April. We will have our cells with us in Alaska. Our packing is started but that is about all.:)

Have fun waiting and planning and packing. Your docs will be here soon. Let me know how you liked the Glory.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, so many 40th anniversaries. Ours is next year in September. I don't know how we will celebrate the actual day, but we have always wanted to go to Australia so we have signed up for Mercury's inaugural cruise down under which leaves Honolulu Nov 23, 2007 arriving in Auckland Dec 9, and then on to Sydney arriving Dec 23. We too, cruised for the first time for our 25th, Southampton to Athens. I recommend the Meditteranean as well. It is very special.

Our first cruise celebrated our 25th anniversary,

last spring we took our 18th cruise

to celebrate our 40th anniversary;

Grand Princess, Galveston to Rome,

including stops in Casablanca and Barcelona;

it was great!

Now we're looking for our next cruise............

• 4 weeks later...

We had a fantastic cruise and precruise!

We were able to leave out Tuesday evening about 6pm and drove almost all the way before stopping for the night and were able to get into our room at the Radisson about 11am Wednesday Sept. 6th.

We did the guided tour of the Kennedy Space Center Thursday, went to Coconuts at Cocoa Beach on Friday for lunch and hung out at the Radisson the rest of the time. We got to see the shuttle launch Saturday morning before the cruise while waiting out front at the Radisson. WOW!!!

Weather was great for the cruise...didn't know the seas could be that smooth.(Western Caribbean on the Carnival Glory)

We had great tablemates. That made it very enjoyable each evening; however we did go to the emerald supper club one night...what a treat!

Highly recomend cave-tubing.com for the tubing. We got more than our moneys worth! Did the clear kayak in Coz.

The music at the piano bar was fun; also the 50s, 60s etc music by The Breeze was great!

Here's to everyone's celebration whatever the year or reason!:D ;)

• 1 month later...

We started cruising almost 5 years ago to celebrate our 35th and have been hooked ever since. Our 40th will be 12/26/06--yes I know how crazy it is to get married so close to Christmas, but I was teaching full time and had no vac till summer and we didn't want a 14 month engagement. Chistmas was on a Sunday like this year, so Mon was a holiday, too, and people were off work to come to the wedding. The next year was even crazier with moving into a new house on 12/20 and a baby due on Christmas Eve. He held off till the 29th so I wasn't in the hospital for 12/24, 25 or 26. But we still got our deduction!

DH first suggested a cool trip for our 35th and my step-sis, a TA, said cruising was the best deal. She set us up with a 7-night on Explorer to the E. Carib. and the rest is history. Last year we skipped the winter cruise in favor of a summer one, but now are back to winter cruising.

We sail RCI and Celebrity and have never been disappointed.

Recently our 3rd son and his wife did a 5-night 13th anniv.cruise on Carnival and were surprised with an upgrade from the cheapest room to a suite--now they are hooked on cruising AND better cabins.

For Christmas at least two of our 5 kids give us "Cruise Cash" to help with our excursion bill.

Whatever you choose (or have chosen) will be wonderful.

1/02 Explorer E. Carib.

1/03 Explorer W. Carib.

8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour

2/04 Adventure S. Carib.

2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal

6/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords = 3 days in London

1/07 Mercury Mexican Riviera

We just celebrated our 40th by cruising through the Panama Canal. It was spectacular and I would do it again in a minute!

We celebrated our 40th this summer on our British Isles trip. Both of us are Scottish decendents, so we spent a pre cruise in Scotland, and then did the Golden Princess around the islands (England / Scotland / Ireland / Northern Ireland). We cannot wait to get back. :D

• 2 weeks later...

:) ON OUR 40TH 2 YEARS AGO WE WERE ON THE JEWEL OF THE SEA AND TOOK OUR TWO KIDS AND SON-IN-LAW IT WAS GREAT BEAING TOGETHER HAVING DINNER TOGETHER EVERY NIGHT AND BONDING TOGETHER THE REST OF THE TIME EVERY ONE WAS ON THERE OWNE

STUR DAYTON,OHIO:)

NEXT CRUISE

JANUARY 29th,2007 Celebrity Mercury Mexican Riviera

JANUARY 20th,2008 Celebrity Mercury Australia / New Zealand

• 5 weeks later...

Congratulations on your 40th. I know you will enjoy whatever you select.

We celebrated our 40th this past summer on a trip and cruise to Scotland / England / Ireland / Northern Ireland. It was especiallly meaningful to both of us because we have Scottish ancestors and neither of us had been to Scotland before.

My wife cannot wait to return. :D

Archived