P&O new livery

Frontera2

Here you go. :)

Thanks Tinytim84. Is that an official P&O rendition or a third party visualisation? Would be nice if the whole picture could come true, including QE2 in the background!

Regarding the second picture with the funnel in it, I'm sure the real thing will be a lot less garish than that.

As someone from the States who has long admired P&O and its rich history, if they want to emphasize the "Britishness" of their ships they could start by returning London as the port of registry for their ships and maintain officers from the UK only...

Totally agree and I don't like the Carnival introduction of Italian Captains who can't speak English.

Did I fall asleep...is it April 1st already?

I'm all for a bit of flag waving and patriotism, but I do not like this at all - even on the hull of Britannia herself where it makes a little more sense.

The ships have a wonderful sleek livery and adding the flag to the bow just ruins that look.

Thanks Tinytim84. Is that an official P&O rendition or a third party visualisation? Would be nice if the whole picture could come true, including QE2 in the background!

Regarding the second picture with the funnel in it, I'm sure the real thing will be a lot less garish than that.

Saligo, It was just something I threw together in photoshop quickly last night.

Maybe the funnel will be a bit more like this. Still looks odd.

2037258745_IMG_2943copy.jpg.a6718b9b01cd03371a4567b819dcab74.jpg

Edited by Tinytim84

I think it looks great, those old Funnels always looked like they needed another coat of paint to me.

As for the flag at the front if you don't like it stay on the ship, you wont see it.

As someone from the States who has long admired P&O and its rich history, if they want to emphasize the "Britishness" of their ships they could start by returning London as the port of registry for their ships and maintain officers from the UK only...

Totally agree.

They label themselves as Britain's favourite cruise line, but are registered elsewhere. Bad form!

The livery is just plain tacky....

I think you will find the Bermuda flag has the Union Jack on it, as for sailing out of London it wouldn't get past the Thames barrier. You really don't want to get on at Tilbury docks.

Southampton, while not perfect, caters for those of us not living in London (the vast majority) fine.

Looks like the likes outweigh the dislikes :-)

Certainly looks like it.

I'm afraid I still can't see what's so "fresh" about it though. It does seem like its one of those things that will become dated very quickly.

Personally I think the stylised Union Jack would be better suited on the funnels, leaving the hull with its nice clean lines.

Edited by Monorail Orange

I think you will find the Bermuda flag has the Union Jack on it, as for sailing out of London it wouldn't get past the Thames barrier. You really don't want to get on at Tilbury docks.

Southampton, while not perfect, caters for those of us not living in London (the vast majority) fine.

I think he meant London as the port of registry, not embarkation. Although Im sure I read that cruise lines register in Bermuda or other such ports so they are then exempt from certain laws (employment, rebulations etc) I may be wrong. Maybe if they are registered in the UK then UK laws are applied?

Does anyone know what the name letter "P&O" are?

Get rid of the whole nonsense and get rid of the P&O together. Why not just call them...

BRITANNIA CRUISES

Any ideas? If you go for a new fresh name... why bother an old 'P&O'.... no one else doesn't know what teh letters mean for

Stephen