Anyone has called the upgrade fairy successfully?

Topo Gigio

Was wondering if you can call Carnival and ask for the upgrade fairy if they don't call you. I want to upgrade to a Spa Balcony, but don't want to pay the real price which is more than $1000! there is at least 10 available now for this Sunday sailing. Guess it never hurts to ask.

Do you have a spa cabin now? One thing to consider- we were on the Dream last April. While at embarkation we met a lady who had been upgraded to a spa balcony from another deck. Since we knew the spa staterooms included use of the facilities we said, "see you in the spa". A couple of days later we ran into her and asked if she were enjoying the spa and were surprised we hadn't seen her there. She informed us that she wouldn't be there as her upgrade didn't include spa access. I was confused. When I got home I asked my PVP if that was possible to be upgraded to a spa room and not receive the benefits and he said, "absolutely."

If you have a PVP that you normally deal with I would call them and ask but if you do take an upgrade I would verify that the spa access is included with your purchase. On GoCCl.com this is on the Spa Cabin Description page.

" Important Things to Know

•Spa staterooms are only available to guests who pay for spa staterooms or suites. In the event that guests are upgraded into the Spa staterooms, they will not be eligible for the additional amenities. "

Edited by Mysticks1

We upgraded to a spa cabin on the dream 2 years ago and paid an additional $80 and it DID include spa access. Not sure if the exclusion of spa amenities would be for a free upgrade...but we LOVED the spa access!

We upgraded to a spa cabin on the dream 2 years ago and paid an additional $80 and it DID include spa access. Not sure if the exclusion of spa amenities would be for a free upgrade...but we LOVED the spa access!

It was explained to me that if you pay for the upgrade then the amenities are included. If you are upgraded and do not pay for the upgrade then the amenities are excluded.

So if OP wanted to pay the $1000 more that the cabins are going for right now then she would get the amenities. If she upgraded and paid nothing then the amenities are excluded.

It was explained to me that if you pay for the upgrade then the amenities are included. If you are upgraded and do not pay for the upgrade then the amenities are excluded.

So if OP wanted to pay the $1000 more that the cabins are going for right now then she would get the amenities. If she upgraded and paid nothing then the amenities are excluded.

Thats what I was assuming you meant! Honestly, the spa access made it worth the extra $$ to us!

But not an extra $1000 though! Sheesh.

We had a spa cabin on the Dream. I think they got my honey to book it because of the smoke smell we had on other trips. With it came the fitness classes (I took at least one pilates and IT WAS GREAT) and the therapy pool. Unfortunately, we fried to smithereens and the idea of getting in a hot pool that trip was beyond ridiculous, so other than $12 for a workout class, the spa room meant nothing to us. The room was not very big either. (Interior though.)

Tried to call the number that came up when upsell fairy call me last and could not get thru.

Pvp will give you posted price.

That's correct.

I called Carnival and told the lady that I want to upgrade and if they had any promotion running for this sailing, and that they still had at least 10 open Spa Balcony Cabins and it will be my 3rd cruise in less than 6 months.

She was impressed but the supervisor or whoever she asked wasn't because in the end she quoted me the posted price od $1100 and something. I told her that is the price for 2 additional one week cruise..

Edited by Topo Gigio

The "upgrade fairy" left the building a long time ago on Carnival corp cruises

I was truly (*for free) upgraded once on Princess and once on Imagination...both some years ago...from inside to oceanview

Carnvial (corp) has the "upsell" telemarketers that some like to call the "upsell fairy" ....key word - sell LOL>> as in $$

They have a good computerized system to see what possible upgrades they can offer and it seems they do play "make a deal"

Now...on my Nov cruise 3 night on Divina, we had true upgrades...over 50 people ...and every inside upgraded to outside...every outside upgraded to balcony - and balcony upgraded to "extended" deluxe balcony - all for...FREE because computers/website/etc is not the strong suit of the Italian based line MSC...I hope they don't get their act together regarding upsell cause I was upgraded before for free haha

Just my experience: I called to upgrade my room because I wasn't happy with the location. I paid an additional $300 and got, in my opinion, an awesome new room. Got a call from Carnival 2 weeks later telling me that somehow they double booked the new room (my booking was the 2nd one) and offered me $230 OBC if I agreed to move. They moved me down one deck, same type of room. I'll find out soon enough if I made the right decision. We are cruising in February 2014.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app