Jewel Deck 10 Aft

cruisinmama0

On the deckplans there is a white space on port and starboard aft next to the aft suites. What is that? Is that officer cabins? or extremely large closets for the stewards? No one on the boards has complained about noise there, but I'm just curious.

I stayed in 10164 on the Jewel. Across from the room is a storage closet. Directly next to the cabin is a crew stairway that leads up to the Great Outdoors. My bf actually used that staircase bc we were on the balcony and a bunch of kids decided it would be funny to spit onto our balcony while we were on it and when we looked up they were laughing. He took those stairs and to their their surprise someone from that balcony found them that quickly :eek:

Anyway, it was quiet in that cabin.

a bunch of kids decided it would be funny to spit onto our balcony while we were on it and when we looked up they were laughing. He took those stairs and to their their surprise someone from that balcony found them that quickly :eek:

Anyway, it was quiet in that cabin.

Did he test their ability to swim in the open ocean?

Never noticed the stairs though.

They are there... I forgot about them. They are the stairs that land on either side of deck 12 aft. Stairs go up to 13 and the sports deck, and go down from there, too. They are roped off going down and restricted to crew only.

Wish I could secure unfettered access to those stairs. They'd make an excellent shortcut from the aft PH suites on 10 up to the bar on deck 12...pity.

You can sort of make them out in the deck plans...

http://img.docstoccdn.com/thumb/orig/148473800.png

Edited by triptolemus

I guess my experience is a little different than everyone else's. We were in 10164 in October. I did notice some noise from both the staircase and the steward's closet, although I would book this cabin again in a heartbeat. A couple of times at night I was briefly woken by someone letting the door slam as they went through the door. And on our cruise, our steward positioned her cart outside of the closet and we often heard her in the hallway talking to other guests and the other stewards in the area. This was only during the day so wasn't that much of a bother to us. My daughter caught a bit of a cold while we were on the cruise, so we spent more time in the cabin than usual, maybe that's why we noticed more than most. It was a pretty nice place to be and the balcony was heaven!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app