What can we bring on board?

sharkieswim

Last year we sailed Easter week on the Poesia, we were permitted to take several cans of pop ( six - I think) as well as several bottles of water on with us when we first embarked. This Easter we are sailing on the Divinia, but I can't figure out if bringing these items on board is permitted or not. Can anyone clarify for me? Thanks.

I very much doubt you were "permitted " to take these drinks onboard. The rules have been no food or beverages can be brought onboard for many years. I believe you did take it onboard though without issue as many people have drinks in checked or hand baggage and security staff don't confiscate it. They are not good at enforcing this rule. You could take stuff onboard again and have no issue or you may get someone who keeps to the rules and confiscates it until the end of the cruise.

We once walked by the locker with the confiscated drinks and saw everything from wine bottles to hard liquor to six packs of large bottles of alcohol free drinks.

We never had a problem bringing a couple cans of cola or whatever we had left over from a day in port back on board. This was all in Europe though, food safety may be more of a concern in some of the Caribbean ports.