Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

By looking at the St Maarten cruise ship visits it appears Navigator is leaving Galveston late April 2015.

Navigator of the Seas becomes a very frequent visitor after 4 May 2015.

http://201.220.14.27/sxmonline/VesselScheduleCruise.aspx

Looks like a San Juan departure because it's either a Sunday or Monday visit.All 1 week cruises leaves on Saturday or Sunday, and it takes at least 2 full days to reach St.Maarten..

That news doesn't augur well for those hoping for RCI to return to the West Coast since what Princess is apparently experiencing is exactly what caused RCI to withdraw Mariner from California.

Perhaps full transits of the widened Canal will become a regular RCI feature.:)

Wonder if RCI would deploy a Voyager or Freedom class for partial Panama Canal transits as the Bridge would not be a factor. That would be a good round trip itinerary from FL -- they used to offer it and other lines do -- a very large, feature-laden ship could be a selling point.

Wonder if RCI would deploy a Voyager or Freedom class for partial Panama Canal transits as the Bridge would not be a factor. That would be a good round trip itinerary from FL -- they used to offer it and other lines do -- a very large, feature-laden ship could be a selling point.

Why not as RCCL has said.

Its been done out of Galveston before.

I remember seeing on the RCCL website that Explorer will be doing some ABC island sailings out of PC in 2015. It would be nice to do that itinerary without flying to San Juan if this is true.
RCI added more ABC cruises in 2015 as they were booking so well. Hope this augers well for lots of RCI presence in Port C. Edited by SherriZ366

What is stopping Freedom class moving to Galveston May 2015?

Somehow I just think it would be odd for them to put an even larger ship in Galveston when they abandoned the port altogether a few years ago because of profits.

It may happen, but I have my doubts. I think Navigator all be a trial run anyways, to see if they can successfully operate a large ship year round.

I think Navigator all be a trial run anyways, to see if they can successfully operate a large ship year round.

NAVIGATOR seems to sail from San Juan from May 2015 year-round in order to replace JEWEL during the summer period.

Open this schedule and browse to May/June 2015: http://201.220.14.27/sxmonline/VesselScheduleCruise.aspx

JEWEL seems to return in November 2015 to San Juan so from Nov 2015, JEWEL and NAVIGATOR seem to sail from San Juan instead of JEWEL and ADVENTURE.

So for Galveston these following options come to my mind:

-INDEPENDENCE (replaced by ANTHEM out of Southampton)

-LIBERTY (could be replaced by ALLURE out of Barcelona in 2015)

-FREEDOM (could be replaced by INDEPENDENCE out of Port Canaveral)

-EXPLORER (schedule only until Feb 2015, maybe from Galveston after refit)

So ADVENTURE seems not to sail from SJU in winter 2015/16. I think she may sail from New Orleans in order to replace SERENADE - the latter one is very likely to operate on the 10-11 day Caribbean trips from Fort Lauderdale and on the Panama Canal trips - she seems to replace LEGEND on all her itineraries.

Edited by celebrity_fan

I hope they won´t place a ship on the west coast again.

There is really nowhere for such a ship to go to other than Mexico:eek:

It´s like the old saying any day on a cruise is better than a day at work, well nope if it´s a cruise to Mexico, in that case I´d rather go to work.

I would not like to see RCI tie up a ship there, when they could offer soooo much better itineraries with that ship elsewhere in the world. To me it would be sort of a lost ship.

I´ve been to the MR a few times on Cruises at times pre all the bad press Mexico got and I can tell you it wasn´t pleasant back then and the last time I had to sail along on a longer cruise I refused even to step foot on land.:eek:

It´s like the old saying any day on a cruise is better than a day at work, well nope if it´s a cruise to Mexico, in that case I´d rather go to work.

I would not like to see RCI tie up a ship there, when they could offer soooo much better itineraries with that ship elsewhere in the world. To me it would be sort of a lost ship.

I´ve been to the MR a few times on Cruises at times pre all the bad press Mexico got and I can tell you it wasn´t pleasant back then and the last time I had to sail along on a longer cruise I refused even to step foot on land.:eek:

I'm not getting off at Mexican ports anymore. Just no appeal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Actually there are some islands out in the Pacific ocean called Hawaii that they can offer 14 day round trips out of LA or San Diego and Pacific Coastal 7 day cruises. So there appears to be more options out of the West coast than just Mexico, I hope they bring a ship.

Quantum would fit in the new locks, but might not fit under the Bridge of the Americas. Same problem that Voyager/Freedom/Oasis class would have with the new canal.

This goes to prove that bigger is NOT better, when these monsterous behemoths don't fit under bridges, into certain ports, or channels which are too narrow or shallow.

I really don't see Enchantment going anywhere anytime soon. Those 3/4 day cruises out of PC are a money maker. Plus the Enchantment hasn't been here long.

I do see Majesty leaving the fleet without replacing a ship to Miami. On my last cruise I have talked to many fellow cruisers who believe RCCL will not have any ships in Miami once Majesty moves on.

In terms of Port Canaveral here is what I think will happen.

Enchantment stays

Freedom is replaced by Oasis

3rd ship to be seasonally placed here. Maybe Indy.

This makes so much sense since Majesty is the only Royal ship left in Miami. I never thought of that possibility but it's a very realistic one.

I'd like to see a Panama Canal itinerary out of Galveston or Houston. I see that it has been done before. Anyone know why they stopped???

A larger ship doing an itinerary other than Roatan/Belize/Cozumel and Falmouth/Grand Cayman/Cozumel would be wonderful. Are those really the only places we can go from here?

This goes to prove that bigger is NOT better, when these monsterous behemoths don't fit under bridges, into certain ports, or channels which are too narrow or shallow.

If nautical cities depiction of the Quantum's silhouette is accurate the Quantum comes in under 200'... so that won't be an issue as ships with a air draft of 205' are presently permitted under the Bridge of Americas, depending on the tide. I read somewhere on CC that the air draft for the Voyager class ships is 207'... so there maybe room for adjustments to get them under the bridge. I think the bigger question will be does RCI really want to send any of these people bulk carriers to the West Coast??

Actually there are some islands out in the Pacific ocean called Hawaii that they can offer 14 day round trips out of LA or San Diego and Pacific Coastal 7 day cruises. So there appears to be more options out of the West coast than just Mexico, I hope they bring a ship.

Yeah, but there is the PVSA, which make those Cruises a bit more difficult.

Been there done that with such a cruise having to end in Ensenada (and there we are back to Mexico:rolleyes:) and while the ship sails empty to San Diego to pick up passengers again, you end up in a bus to make the trip to San Diego by bus - certainly not a great Thing. In Addition the ships arrive rather late at SD and Boarding only happens late. As pleasant as the cruise itself is, the experience in Ensenada with debarkation and emarking in San Diego with a ship coming empty from Ensenada is not a great one.

Also my thoughts - do we really need a GT of 167000????

I think ships a la Radiance would be better, they are so flexible and can go everywhere.

Even the small ports in the Norwegian fjords they can reach or navigate through the narrow archipelago of Stockholm...

I also would like to see a ship doing Cape Horn cruises between Valparaiso and Buenos Aires - does someone know whether it could be a realistic wish? :D

Well, thanks for your negative vote on a west coast ship.

There are other ports other than Mexico, RC just refuses to even try them. They are Pacific Coastal cruises, including SF, Santa Barbara, Seattle, San Diego...yes they must hit a foreign port, Ensenada or Victoria.

If RC would do 10 day trips staying overnight in SF it would be incredible itinerary.

Wish they would bring back a few round trip Hawaii itineraries too.

I think we all know Mexico will not be offered, but a Pacific Coast would be a winner!!!

Yeah, but there is the PVSA, which make those Cruises a bit more difficult.

Been there done that with such a cruise having to end in Ensenada (and there we are back to Mexico:rolleyes:) and while the ship sails empty to San Diego to pick up passengers again, you end up in a bus to make the trip to San Diego by bus - certainly not a great Thing. In Addition the ships arrive rather late at SD and Boarding only happens late. As pleasant as the cruise itself is, the experience in Ensenada with debarkation and emarking in San Diego with a ship coming empty from Ensenada is not a great one.

They don't have to end in Ensenada. Round trip out of San Diego or Los Angeles is the more common itinerary you see now. I'll pick Hawaii over any Caribbean island.

Somehow I just think it would be odd for them to put an even larger ship in Galveston when they abandoned the port altogether a few years ago because of profits.

It may happen, but I have my doubts. I think Navigator all be a trial run anyways, to see if they can successfully operate a large ship year round.

Three full time ships sail full presently

from Galveston.

Two sail from bayport Houston presently

Just minutes away from Galveston.

Carnival now calls Galvestion a mature port of departure.

Galveston draws from the entire Midwest.

With the improvements to Panama Canal,

Southeast Texas ports

will become major import ports from the Far East

for shipping to the Midwestern US.

There are many changes occurring in the the Galveston Bay comple.

Edited by ssb

They can't do Hawaii runs unless they hit a foreign port first since RCI isn't a US flag carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did three 14 day round trip Hawaii cruises out of SD, each time Ensenada was our last stop before returning to SD....just a formality, we stopped there at 11 pm and departed at 11:55 pm.

NAVIGATOR seems to sail from San Juan from May 2015 year-round in order to replace JEWEL during the summer period.

Open this schedule and browse to May/June 2015: http://201.220.14.27/sxmonline/VesselScheduleCruise.aspx

JEWEL seems to return in November 2015 to San Juan so from Nov 2015, JEWEL and NAVIGATOR seem to sail from San Juan instead of JEWEL and ADVENTURE.

So for Galveston these following options come to my mind:

-INDEPENDENCE (replaced by ANTHEM out of Southampton)

-LIBERTY (could be replaced by ALLURE out of Barcelona in 2015)

-FREEDOM (could be replaced by INDEPENDENCE out of Port Canaveral)

-EXPLORER (schedule only until Feb 2015, maybe from Galveston after refit)

So ADVENTURE seems not to sail from SJU in winter 2015/16. I think she may sail from New Orleans in order to replace SERENADE - the latter one is very likely to operate on the 10-11 day Caribbean trips from Fort Lauderdale and on the Panama Canal trips - she seems to replace LEGEND on all her itineraries.

http://portno.com/vessel-schedules

Looks like Splendour will sail from New Orleans Fall/winter 2015

Thanks for your 2 cents...glad you won't be competing against any of us to book our west coast RCI cruises when they return...Enjoy your work day....:rolleyes:

We have done the Baja & MR cruises many many times starting in the early 1990's on both the Viking Serenade & Vision....Some of the best family cruises we have had and what started our cruise addiction..Sorry you found it "unpleasant".

More recently I sailed on PCL's newly refurbished Sapphire Princess to the MR with an overnight in Cabo..those ships were sold out as well as their west coastal itineraries....Luckily not everyone feels the same as you....

Enjoy your next cruise wherever you decide will be a "pleasant" experience for you ;):)