Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Good pick up. Rhapsody has shown up in Buenos Aires port calendar around that time though. I can't imagine RCI sending the ship to Europe just to bring her back in the same year. Surely they wouldn't send one Vision class half way round the world and the replace it with another ship the same size. Channel dredging for Radiance perhaps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thx for the short list of what has actually shown up in port lists. I was unaware that Explorer shows up in Singapore... that really confuses me as I just can't grasp why there would would be 3 Voyager ships in Asia.

Yes, but not with a confirmed calling date in Singapore, so it may mean nothing :).

I don't think it makes sense to have 3 voyager class in Asia/Australia either.

Hi,

When EXPLORER is listed in Singapore, can someone please post a link??

Ok, what is the reason that some of you think that an OASIS ship moves to Port Canaveral and that FREEDOM leaves?

But no matter which ships sail from Port Canaveral, I think and hope that ALLURE stays in Fort Lauderdale year-round.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Good pick up. Rhapsody has shown up in Buenos Aires port calendar around that time though. I can't imagine RCI sending the ship to Europe just to bring her back in the same year. Surely they wouldn't send one Vision class half way round the world and the replace it with another ship the same size. Channel dredging for Radiance perhaps?

Royal Caribbean would make a fortune on the Rhapsody or similar from Europe to Australia compared to sending the ship to USA. Just look at the prices they are charging on the 3 sectors to Istanbul in April 2015. Plus the Asians gambling and the Aussies drinking along the way.

Channel dredging could be possible.

Hi,

Explorer only appears here Max.

No dates.

Look in the pop down menu for the vessel column for Marina Bay Cruise Terminal in Singapore the Explorer of the Seas is the only Royal Caribbean Ship that has not been to Singapore.

http://mbccs.com.sg/

Thank you very much!!!

I also think it would not make sense to send RHAPSODY from Europe to Australia, just consider the effort.

I only could imagine that RCI deploys three ships in Alaska (JEWEL, RADIANCE, VISION) and VISION could come to Australia, but I am not sure...

We will see.

Otherwise EXPLORER really could be the third ship for Australia.

Royal Caribbean would make a fortune on the Rhapsody or similar from Europe to Australia compared to sending the ship to USA. Just look at the prices they are charging on the 3 sectors to Istanbul in April 2015. Plus the Asians gambling and the Aussies drinking along the way.

Channel dredging could be possible.

You may be right, but the higher prices might not persist the second time around. Also, have you seen this? Rhapsody based in Buenos Aires late 2015 and early 2016:

http://www.puertobuenosaires.gov.ar/moduloGRAL.php?p=temppostprox

The scuttlebutt from crew on board Rhapsody has been that she isn't coming back to Australia. ;)

You may be right, but the higher prices might not persist the second time around. Also, have you seen this? Rhapsody based in Buenos Aires late 2015 and early 2016:

http://www.puertobuenosaires.gov.ar/moduloGRAL.php?p=temppostprox

The scuttlebutt from crew on board Rhapsody has been that she isn't coming back to Australia. ;)

The Buenos Aires Port link is back working again. I have seen that about Rhapsody in Buenos Aires.

I am well aware of the rumours about Rhapsody leaving forever.

Just done a search and found this about Cairns Cruise Port.

So it appears it will be most likely be a big ship as it will be finished in 2015.

http://www.portsnorth.com.au/pdfs/csdp/CSDProjectFactSheetOct12_1.pdf

The Buenos Aires Port link is back working again. I have seen that about Rhapsody in Buenos Aires.

I am well aware of the rumours about Rhapsody leaving forever.

Just done a search and found this about Cairns Cruise Port.

So it appears it will be most likely be a big ship as it will be finished in 2015.

http://www.portsnorth.com.au/pdfs/csdp/CSDProjectFactSheetOct12_1.pdf

I hadn't seen this - thanks for sharing. RCI, would have asked them to cater for at least Voyager class vessels (if Ports North consulted them). Another regular stop on the East coast seasonal Sydney - Singapore run.

From a blog:

"According to a ship docking schedule for cruise ports in Italy, Allure of the Seas is scheduled to dock in Naples

Beginning January 15 ,2015

One possible scenario is Allure of the Seas is going to Europe for routine drydock maintenance and will offer a few cruises while "in the area", which is similar to what Oasis of the Seas has planned for next summer.

But this not confirmed."

Edited by ssb

Hi,

Ok, what is the reason that some of you think that an OASIS ship moves to Port Canaveral and that FREEDOM leaves?

But no matter which ships sail from Port Canaveral, I think and hope that ALLURE stays in Fort Lauderdale year-round.

Max - This is all based on speculation as nothing has been confirmed. I think saying an Oasis Class is more accurate than saying Oasis itself since we do not know for sure. The article in the attached link may also shed some light on things to come if you have not seen it yet.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20140116/NEWS01/301160025/Big-ships-big-plans-Port-Canaveral?nclick_check=1

To sum up 240 posts for you...

No official word on the deployment schedule. Just a bunch of speculation on where various ships will sail.

LOL...there certainly has been a lot of speculation!! Wonder who will have the winning answer to all of it!!!

I have looked for one and nothing.

Will need to look at Departure Ports sites for uploads of sailings.

If posted yet???

Thanks, lets hope it follows suit of years past and comes out sometime in April...May.

Max - This is all based on speculation as nothing has been confirmed. I think saying an Oasis Class is more accurate than saying Oasis itself since we do not know for sure. The article in the attached link may also shed some light on things to come if you have not seen it yet.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20140116/NEWS01/301160025/Big-ships-big-plans-Port-Canaveral?nclick_check=1

OK, when reading the article it could well be that sooner or later an Oasis-clas-ship may sail from Port Canaveral - we will see...

But I really liked the itineraries of FREEDOM, at least the Western Caribbean cruises with 4 stops - with OASIS it just would be the more boring one with 3 stops... :(

Let's see what finally happens - but it would be great to have LIBERTY in Europe again...

There is no official deployment schedule by RCI - Celebrity already has published the deployment list for 2015/16...

Royal Caribbean’s Explorer of the Seas comes to Port Canaveral in November. Walsh on Wednesday announced a new development related to that ship. Royal Caribbean will more than doubled the number of cruises Explorer of the Seas will have during its stay at Port Canaveral, increasing to 26 from the originally planned 12.

At the moment 15 cruises from Port Canaveral on Explorer of the Seas on sale on Royal Caribbean Oz website. To make 26 that is approx 11 more to come.

From a blog:

"According to a ship docking schedule for cruise ports in Italy, Allure of the Seas is scheduled to dock in Naples

One possible scenario is Allure of the Seas is going to Europe for routine drydock maintenance and will offer a few cruises while "in the area", which is similar to what Oasis of the Seas has planned for next summer.

But this not confirmed."

Im glad youve posted this. I've been hearing lots of rumors about Allure doing the med but couldnt find it mentioned anywhere here!

I have a feeling she will stay for a full season after the success of Oasis sailings this year.

Apparantly new deployment will be open for sale week commencing 3rd March so I guess we'll find out soon enough.

From a blog:

But this not confirmed."

OK!?!?!?!?

Could you find out where the blog got this information?

Because it is a very interesting information!! That would mean that ALLURE already leaves the Caribbean in Jan 2015!!

So lets hope that LIBERTY also returns to Europe in 2015!!!

OK!?!?!?!?

Could you find out where the blog got this information?

Because it is a very interesting information!! That would mean that ALLURE already leaves the Caribbean in Jan 2015!!

So lets hope that LIBERTY also returns to Europe in 2015!!!

Yes I will but first:

According to same same blog and CC may edit out some of this:

Royal Caribbean's plans for 2015 swapping Jewel of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas. Royal Caribbean will move the larger Navigator of the Seas to San Juan in 2015 according to a report by Caribbean Business.

Caribbean Business writes, "In May 2015, Royal Caribbean is scheduled to replace the Jewel of the Seas—which currently carries out weekly trips, with San Juan as its homeport—with a bigger ship, the Navigator of the Seas."

Royal Caribbean is rumored to be releasing their 2015/2016 deployment schedule sometime in the timeframe of late February or March 2014.

Answer to other

500x342xallure-italy_0.jpg.pagespeed.ic.zBuGYhDT6i.jpg

Oasisized Navigator begins sailing out of San Juan year round May 2015 on. Source for this is the Puerto Rico Tourism and Ports Authorities.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1983844

I just found the article you mentioned in that thread.

http://www.caribbeanbusinesspr.com/prnt_ed/tourism-set-for-modest-growth-this-year-9467.html

Yes and the other is on Allure is off a Italy Port Departures site

reflecting Arrival 01/02/15 departing Malta Port 01/10/15

Believe it is Lazio Port

Look on same blog about Allure in Malta

And another thread started on Navigator on RCCL forum

Edited by ssb

Yes and the other is on Allure is off a Italy Port Departures site

reflecting Arrival 01/02/15 departing Malta Port 01/10/15

Believe it is Lazio Port

Look on same blog about Allure in Malta

And another thread started on Navigator on RCCL forum

Logically cruise departure port will be Rome.

At the moment 15 cruises from Port Canaveral on Explorer of the Seas on sale on Royal Caribbean Oz website. To make 26 that is approx 11 more to come.

There is some more specific information on Explorer's stay in Port Canaveral here:

http://www.examiner.com/article/royal-caribbean-moves-explorer-of-the-seas-to-port-canaveral-winter-2014

Includes announced itineraries up to Jan 2015.

Not sure about the Allure yet. I can still book it for the Caribbean until May 2015

A fair observation

I question it also but information on Italy ports site.

Also see the blog.

Deployments subject change without notice.

Port Canaveral isn't investing $85million in a new terminal that is the same size as the Oasis terminal in FLL "just because". The question is not if, but when is a Oasis class ship coming to Port Canaveral? The three best scenarios I think in chronological order are

1) When the Oasis comes back from Europe this Oct/Nov.

2) May/June 2015 when the current itinerary schedule runs out.

3) When the 3rd Oasis class ship is put into service in 2016.

My "money" is on #2 IF RCI's contract with Port Everglades allows it.

When RCI announced the Oasis ships were coming to Port Everglades they signed a 10 year contract. Now if RCI has worked a deal with PE to let them move an Oasis class ship in exchange give them a Quantum class until the 3rd Oasis class is deployed RCI will move the Allure to PC either in April/May 2015 or when the Anthem is put in PE in the Fall 2015. The Allure's intin goes until the 1st week of April of 2015 were the Oasis runs thru May 2015. Personally I find that interesting. If not RCI will put an Oasis ship in PC in 2016 when 3rd one is put into service. Like I said PC didn't invest $85 mil on a "hope so" Especially when the board unanimously approved it. I hope it's May 2015. I got my fingers crossed. The FOS BTW sails at full or more than 100% capacity consistently. Even more reason for an Oasis ship.