Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

While leaving both Oasis 3 and Ovation in Europe makes perfect logistical sense, especially with their spring 2016 and mid 2016 arrivals. I am wondering if marketing sense might take over.

I am starting to think that a RCI year-round Europe ship might be in the cards for 2016 on. With NCL pulling the smaller Spirit and replacing her with Epic along with the 5 new mega-ships in the channel for MSC and Costa. The success of the Oasis and Allure European seasons has been incredible. Barcelona has proved itself to be a 'phenomenal' home port for RCI and Palma, Valencia and Malaga have all made major investments in infrastructure, among others.

Allure and Oasis have both gotten huge 'buzz' in Europe as 'new' additions and I do not think a right out of ship-yard vessel is as necessary to create 'buzz' as in some home ports.

If Fincantieri takes majority stock in STX France, where the Oasis 3 and 4 projects are based, this might have further implications.

I also think that 'new ship' competition is going to be fierce in Florida home port markets in 2016-2018, with the arrival of NCL Escape and Bliss along with Carnival's 2 new ships, their largest.

With Carnival Corp.'s new 9 multi-brand marketing being highlighted at this weeks Super Bowl, RCI may need to think more 'strategically' on their home market, while at the same time expanding globally.

At least the Carnival 'NO ROBOTS' campaign was dropped and not very good at this point.

Yeah, IMHO it also makes sense to leave Ovation and oasis III in Europe, since they are constructed there...

But we will see what finally happens - regarding Oasis III I won't be sure for 100% that she will be deployed in Europe - maybe also Pt. Canaveral or Ft. Lauderdale, and Oasis Europe and Asia after that...

Hmm, a ship year-round for Europe - might well be, but which one??

Also, RCI has tried several times to deploy a ship in Europe year-round but then they pulled back the ships from the winter market in Europe - maybe not succesful enough? We will see whether RCI tries a restart again at winter Europe...

Yes, RCI year-round Europe might be optimistic for 2016, but they maybe need to have a ship in the 'pipeline' for 2017. If I was an RCI exec, I would be very concerned about home market and European market share with all the 'new shiny product' entering.

The European market and airline industry have had key shifts that are making year round operations more feasible. With Long-haul Low Cost Carriers (LCCs) like Norwegian and with the entry of the Middle-Eastern carriers like Emirates and Qatar Air into diverse markets this feeds European ports unlike ever before.

Rumors even have Norwegian planning direct flights to Spain from Ft. Lauderdale, New York and Los Angeles and then in the future from Oakland and Orlando. They currently operate to London Gatwick and the Scandinavian airports.

http://media.norwegian.com/en/#/pressreleases/norwegian-s-barcelona-base-has-officially-opened-979532

The possibility of Embarkation at somewhere like Malaga has improved immensely in just a short time and airport and route expansion is related to cruise expansion.

Hi all and Happy Monday (sorry those two words seem strange together :p).

To save me from rolling back through the pages here can someone tell me when the early 2017 (Jan/Feb) schedule for Oasis/Allure is due out?

thanks and go Hawks!!

Bill I thought you came here to share some rumor news about Oasis :) Those itineraries should be released March/April this year.

Bill I thought you came here to share some rumor news about Oasis :) Those itineraries should be released March/April this year.

No but I could make something up. :p

Marie and I did have such a great time doing the western route on Oasis for my birthday that we want to do it again is 2017. Which ship it will be depends on which one is doing the western route the week of January 20th. :)

While leaving both Oasis 3 and Ovation in Europe makes perfect logistical sense, especially with their spring 2016 and mid 2016 arrivals. I am wondering if marketing sense might take over.

I am starting to think that a RCI year-round Europe ship might be in the cards for 2016 on. With NCL pulling the smaller Spirit and replacing her with Epic along with the 5 new mega-ships in the channel for MSC and Costa. The success of the Oasis and Allure European seasons has been incredible. Barcelona has proved itself to be a 'phenomenal' home port for RCI and Palma, Valencia and Malaga have all made major investments in infrastructure, among others.

Allure and Oasis have both gotten huge 'buzz' in Europe as 'new' additions and I do not think a right out of ship-yard vessel is as necessary to create 'buzz' as in some home ports.

If Fincantieri takes majority stock in STX France, where the Oasis 3 and 4 projects are based, this might have further implications.

I also think that 'new ship' competition is going to be fierce in Florida home port markets in 2016-2018, with the arrival of NCL Escape and Bliss along with Carnival's 2 new ships, their largest.

With Carnival Corp.'s new 9 multi-brand marketing being highlighted at this weeks Super Bowl, RCI may need to think more 'strategically' on their home market, while at the same time expanding globally.

At least the Carnival 'NO ROBOTS' campaign was dropped and not very good at this point.

That's a good point. IMO, Oasis 3 will cause a lot of "buzz" in Florida, since Florida hasn't gotten a new Royal Caribbean ship since 2010. Oasis or Allure, will be perfect to stay in Europe, because, as you stated, they are "new" to that region.

Yes, RCI year-round Europe might be optimistic for 2016, but they maybe need to have a ship in the 'pipeline' for 2017. If I was an RCI exec, I would be very concerned about home market and European market share with all the 'new shiny product' entering.

The European market and airline industry have had key shifts that are making year round operations more feasible. With Long-haul Low Cost Carriers (LCCs) like Norwegian and with the entry of the Middle-Eastern carriers like Emirates and Qatar Air into diverse markets this feeds European ports unlike ever before.

Yeah ok, you might be right - but I would think which ship could it be?

Ok, if Adventure sails from Southampton again, maybe she might be a candidate for year-round Europe cruises - she either could switch from Southampton to another Mediterranean homeport for winter, or she just sails from Southampton to Mediterranean and Canaries during the winter period.

But as we all know, RCI changes plans dramatically - maybe even Ovation is in consideration for being deployed year-round in Europe, who knows?

To save me from rolling back through the pages here can someone tell me when the early 2017 (Jan/Feb) schedule for Oasis/Allure is due out?

thanks and go Hawks!!

RCI have not issued their usual 'Deployment Schedule' yet this year. It arrived on February 7th last year and defined the potential schedule of when future deployments would be released.

In a response to a question from a guest planning her wedding on Oasis/Allure, RCI Social Media stated Oasis/Allure would not come until the 'end of April' 2015.

rcisocialmedia Mod > ............ • 2 months ago

Hi .................- We can't wait to have you onboard to celebrate with us at sea. We should have 2016 itineraries out around the end of April 2015. Please stay tuned to our website.

End of April 2015 would be very late, IMHO... :eek:

Maybe she has spoken about new Far East/Asia itineraries, planned for Oasis.

But to be honest, if the deployment schedule for 2016 will be published in the next couple of days/weeks, than the first itineraries should be released by mid of February, I would say...

What also concerns me, is, that Navigator otS is scheduled for Singapore (but currently without any date) - I am wondering what itineraries she could offer prior to her redeployment to Asia/Australia...

If Navigator also moves to Asia/Australia, than RCI will have 4 Voyager Class ships there - interesting...

Yeah ok, you might be right - but I would think which ship could it be?

Ok, if Adventure sails from Southampton again, maybe she might be a candidate for year-round Europe cruises - she either could switch from Southampton to another Mediterranean homeport for winter, or she just sails from Southampton to Mediterranean and Canaries during the winter period.

But as we all know, RCI changes plans dramatically - maybe even Ovation is in consideration for being deployed year-round in Europe, who knows?

The only 2016 Transatlantic cruises that have shaped up enough to take them beyond speculation is Brilliance from Barcelona to Tampa, Rhapsody from MED port to Brazil and then Allure from Barcelona to Florida.

Anthem could be speculated to leave Southampton in mid-October and sail to Funchal arriving on the 16th and then on to Tenerife. She does not show any European bookings after that I do not believe. That would seem to indicate a Anthem October TA from Southampton to Florida.

Anthem sailings could be taken by Ovation, but as the season starts prior to the most likely Ovation transfer date, it should be Anthem.

Anthem is shown by agents in Europe to be RCI's 'British market' ship, while other vassals are marketed as "International'

thanks and go Hawks!!

If the price tracking site that can't be named is correct Oasis/Allure's sailings were released last year on 3/19/14.

The only 2016 Transatlantic cruises that have shaped up enough to take them beyond speculation is Brilliance from Barcelona to Tampa, Rhapsody from MED port to Brazil and then Allure from Barcelona to Florida.

Anthem could be speculated to leave Southampton in mid-October and sail to Funchal arriving on the 16th and then on to Tenerife. She does not show any European bookings after that I do not believe. That would seem to indicate a Anthem October TA from Southampton to Florida.

Anthem sailings could be taken by Ovation, but as the season starts prior to the most likely Ovation transfer date, it should be Anthem.

Anthem is shown by agents in Europe to be RCI's 'British market' ship, while other vassals are marketed as "International'

Yeah, Rapsody TA you can already book, and Brilliance TA between Tampa and Barcelona is very likely - she appears to call at Funchal and Gibraltar as well.

I hardly believe that Anthem returns to Southampton in 2016, if Ovation gets finished in April 2016 and Bermuda gets dredged - it won't make any sense to deploy Anthem back to Europe from USA and send Ovation to US directly after her debut - so I think Ovation should take over the Southampton runs, together with either Adventure or Navigator.

Also bear in mind that several ships listed at some port lists just might be placeholders for other ships... ;)

If Brilliance really leaves Harwich and switches to Mediterranean, than Jewel, I think sails from Harwich again, after her dry dock in April 2016.

Vision otS, however, might be replaced by Vision otS in Alaska in 2016 - someone posted she is going to replace Radiance on the Australia/NZ runs beginning in late 2016.

Radiance, however, might do Alaska in summer 2016 and tranfer to Caribbean via Panama Canal in fall...

Yeah, Rapsody TA you can already book, and Brilliance TA between Tampa and Barcelona is very likely - she appears to call at Funchal and Gibraltar as well.

Sorry, I am talking about October and November 2016 Westbound TA sailings and not the earlier eastbound sailings.

Rhapsody November 2016 back to Brazil.

Brilliance returns to Tampa for 2016/2017 in October 2016

Allure (*Oasis 3) sails westbound from Barcelona in October 2016 returns back to Florida.

Anthem (*Ovation) not found heading northbound after October 16th call at Funchal. She heads to Tenerife and then no more European ports booked.

Adventure goes back to Southampton following her final call at Funchal and calls at La Coruna, Spain. No evidence of her TA found yet.

Sorry, I am talking about October and November 2016 Westbound TA sailings and not the earlier eastbound sailings.

Rhapsody November 2016 back to Brazil.

Brilliance returns to Tampa for 2016/2017 in October 2016

Allure (*Oasis 3) sails westbound from Barcelona in October 2016 returns back to Florida.

Anthem (*Ovation) not found heading northbound after October 16th call at Funchal. She heads to Tenerife and then no more European ports booked.

Adventure goes back to Southampton following her final call at Funchal and calls at La Coruna, Spain. No evidence of her TA found yet.

Ah ok, now it is clear to me...

But maybe the call at Funchal (16th of Oct) is just another Canary Islands itinerary, and than Ovation/Anthem offers a Transatlantic from Southampton to Florida just via Caribbean, without calling at any European island...

Adventure (which also could be Navigator) maybe does not return to US at all.

If it will be Navigator, maybe Suez Canal and Asia than... same might happen to Adventure...

Ah ok, now it is clear to me...

But maybe the call at Funchal (16th of Oct) is just another Canary Islands itinerary, and than Ovation/Anthem offers a Transatlantic from Southampton to Florida just via Caribbean, without calling at any European island...

Adventure (which also could be Navigator) maybe does not return to US at all.

If it will be Navigator, maybe Suez Canal and Asia than... same might happen to Adventure...

Both are most certainly options.

:([quote name=celebrity_fan;45392394:

If Navigator also moves to Asia/Australia' date=' than RCI will have 4 Voyager Class ships there - interesting...[/quote]

I hate to see NV leave Galveston let alone lose her to Asia, we already had that happen with Mariner:(

My thinking has the OASIS III and Ovation bookings opening separate from the rest of the fleet as they are both new builds.

All of the other new builds bookings/reservations have been open before as far as 18+ months before.

Edited by emmy

Yeah, of course...

But I personally would exclude the option that Allure otS returns to Europe, since she can be booked up to end of May 2016 - and I do not believe she switches to Europe in June...

So Oasis might head to Europe, or Oasis III...

I agree, it makes total sense. But, I was on both the Oasis TA from Rotterdam and then the Quantum TA from Southampton and just have a feeling.

Sending Oasis to Barcelona would be a certain possibility. The only reason to send Allure is similar to how Liberty gained home port status in Barcelona. Allure will have a full season there in 2015, while Oasis only had a few weeks.

You will not like my answer to what I am speculating will happen with those May sailings on Allure if they are, in fact, sending Allure.

I think that Oasis 3 will be sent over, in PERFECT condition, with an amazing Central Park with all the plants in place and everything in perfect working order to come in and provide home port WOW.

As this provides them a more fluid timeline, they just take the passengers booked on Allure and transfer them to Oasis 3.

I agree, it makes total sense. But, I was on both the Oasis TA from Rotterdam and then the Quantum TA from Southampton and just have a feeling.

Sending Oasis to Barcelona would be a certain possibility. The only reason to send Allure is similar to how Liberty gained home port status in Barcelona. Allure will have a full season there in 2015, while Oasis only had a few weeks.

You will not like my answer to what I am speculating will happen with those May sailings on Allure if they are, in fact, sending Allure.

I think that Oasis 3 will be sent over, in PERFECT condition, with an amazing Central Park with all the plants in place and everything in perfect working order to come in and provide home port WOW.

As this provides them a more fluid timeline, they just take the passengers booked on Allure and transfer them to Oasis 3.

I like it...I like it :)

I think we should watch the Chinese economy closely. It has almost come to a stop, so Royal have no problem filling Ta's and Repo's so things might change more than we think. Queen Mary does constant Southampton to New York for those who don't fly.

Just another thought to speculate over

Sent from my C6903 using Forums mobile app