Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

I don't know why I keep thinking that Adventure will replace Majesty. Not only can she do some Bahamas runs, but also a 4 day cruise to Labadee or Key West & Cozumel.

While I would like to think that Miami could support a ship of that size, port bookings seem to indicate that Adventure might be Southampton based at least for summer 2016.

Adventure is currently booked at Gibraltar, Cannes and Villefranche, France, Copenhagen, DK, Funchal Madeira, Portugal, Cagliari, Italy, Barcelona, Valencia, Cartagena, Palma de Mallorca, Malaga and La Coruna, Spain, and Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain from May to October 2016.

That is an awful lot of bookings to not be showing a trend and that is a lot of work to change them all to another ship for all the agents and ports involved.

While I would like to think that Miami could support a ship of that size, port bookings seem to indicate that Adventure might be Southampton based at least for summer 2016.

Adventure is currently booked at Gibraltar, Cannes and Villefranche, France, Copenhagen, DK, Funchal Madeira, Portugal, Cagliari, Italy, Barcelona, Valencia, Cartagena, Palma de Mallorca, Malaga and La Coruna, Spain, and Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain from May to October 2016.

That is an awful lot of bookings to not be showing a trend and that is a lot of work to change them all to another ship for all the agents and ports involved.

Yeah, in fact Adventure is booked for several European ports - but same was the case for 2015, and than shortly she was substituted by Explorer...

Same could happen next year, that she shortly might be swapped with Navigator, which appears to be redeployed to Asia in late 2016 - if one can believe Singapores' cruise schedule... ;)

Any guesses as to whether RCL will do a 12 Day Med Cruise the same as NCL Spirit and Regal Princess??

Barcelona/Toulon/Livorno/Rome/Naples/Mykonos/Istanbul/Ephesus/Athens & Disembark in Venice

I am a RCL fan but since they haven't come out with the 2016 schedule yet and in the past haven't had this itinerary I have booked with NCL. I would rather go with RCL but these ports are exactly what I want.

Any thoughts??

Edited by soccercrazy

Yeah, in fact Adventure is booked for several European ports - but same was the case for 2015, and than shortly she was substituted by Explorer...

Same could happen next year, that she shortly might be swapped with Navigator, which appears to be redeployed to Asia in late 2016 - if one can believe Singapores' cruise schedule... ;)

Oh, I know very well. I posted all those changes on March 26th, 2014.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42197098&postcount=1271

I also posted when Vision was heading to Europe

It most definitely could happen again, but usually after evidence of a Transatlantic is found.

Navigator is most definitely going somewhere in April or May of 2016. A Europe season and then on to Dubai and on to Asia would be a possibility for sure.

I just think they would want to do the deck 3/deck 12 extra cabin upgrades on Adventure at some point no matter where she goes.

Any guesses as to whether RCL will do a 12 Day Med Cruise the same as NCL Spirit and Regal Princess??

Barcelona/Toulon/Livorno/Rome/Naples/Mykonos/Istanbul/Ephesus/Athens & Disembark in Venice

I am a RCL fan but since they haven't come out with the 2016 schedule yet and in the past haven't had this itinerary I have booked with NCL. I would rather go with RCL but these ports are exactly what I want.

Any thoughts??

Suerly RCI offers the same 12 night Med route starting and ending in Barcelona that they have done for years, 2016 most likely on Brilliance.

One itinerary starts/ends from/in Barcelona and visits Greece and Turkey, and the other one some ports in Adriatic Sea, such as Venice and Split, for example.

But I do not think they will offer a one way cruise between Venice and Barcelona...

Why did you book NCL instead of Princess?? :eek:

I am just curious. What about those Sunday calls at Philipsburg, St. Maarten indicate that Freedom might move to San Juan?

I guess if they had it as the first port out of San Juan it would work. That is not traditional for the San Juan sailings though.

While I realize that Philipsburg, St. Maarten is where RCI often refuel ships, the fact that the calls are booked on Sundays does not really fit with current San Juan or PC patterns.

I see now how that does not fit into the current pattern with which they have booked Freedom at Grand Cayman though.

I would like to think it was a place holder for the 3rd Oasis ship, where they would have 2 continue to depart on Sat/Sun and maybe the 3rd move to Wed/Thu departures, but that seems speculative at best.

As I've said in post #3651 of this thread, from my investigation of the St. Maarten port schedule, it appears that there are already 3 Oasis class ships scheduled to call at St. Maarten through winter 2016/17. One calls on Wednesdays presumably leaving PE on a Sat. And the other two arrive on Thursdays (Not the same Thursday!), presumably one leaving from PE and the other from PC, on Sundays. i have all of this explained in the earlier post on this thread, if you're interested. :)

EDIT: Just figured out how to post a link to one particular post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45397071&postcount=3651

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Suerly RCI offers the same 12 night Med route starting and ending in Barcelona that they have done for years, 2016 most likely on Brilliance.

One itinerary starts/ends from/in Barcelona and visits Greece and Turkey, and the other one some ports in Adriatic Sea, such as Venice and Split, for example.

But I do not think they will offer a one way cruise between Venice and Barcelona...

Why did you book NCL instead of Princess?? :eek:

Princess doesn't have their 2016 dates out yet and NCL had a great special. Able to pick 2 of the 3 freebies. All-in Beverage Package x2people or OBC $200 or all specialty restaurants for 2 x12 days.

We see the ship as our transportation vehicle on this cruise and it's all about the ports/excursions as their are only 2 sea days. We are willing to compromise on the ship - not sure NCL cruisers would see it that way :) and be able to see all those wonderful places. A once in a lifetime trip with days after cruise in Venice and then off to London for few days before flying home.

Doesn't mean we won't just ship (pun intended) if Princess has a better deal for same itinerary or RCL itineraries change.:D

Edited by soccercrazy

I don't care what they do as long as they don't sacrifice ports for a bigger ship in San Juan. One of the major reasons we cruise from San Juan is the ports - lots of time in each port and only one sea day! That is what we love. So while I would love Freedom to go there, only if we still get all the port days and only one sea day.

I don't care what they do as long as they don't sacrifice ports for a bigger ship in San Juan. One of the major reasons we cruise from San Juan is the ports - lots of time in each port and only one sea day! That is what we love. So while I would love Freedom to go there, only if we still get all the port days and only one sea day.

I agree with this statement. However, it seems Jewel will be still be an option during the winter, so she will definitely be able to the ports.

However, from a prior thread, I remember reading that almost any port that Adventure could go to , Freedom can go to.

I don't know why I keep thinking that Adventure will replace Majesty. Not only can she do some Bahamas runs, but also a 4 day cruise to Labadee or Key West & Cozumel.

I can't see Florider in good use on China itineraries, nor Europe/Southampton.

Out of the ships "in question" that seem to be in limbo I still really like Navigator for Miami. Just had the refurb this past year so good for another 4+ years without dry-dock, Sabour would be a huge hit imho with all the Latino crown that frequents the ship, Florider also a huge hit in Bahamas weather all year round, and an excellent option for Cococay being missed. Just seems like the perfect fit imho.

But then again Quantum was the "perfect fit" for Bayonne as well :rolleyes:

As I've said in post #3651 of this thread, from my investigation of the St. Maarten port schedule, it appears that there are already 3 Oasis class ships scheduled to call at St. Maarten through winter 2016/17. One calls on Wednesdays presumably leaving PE on a Sat. And the other two arrive on Thursdays (Not the same Thursday!), presumably one leaving from PE and the other from PC, on Sundays. i have all of this explained in the earlier post on this thread, if you're interested. :)

EDIT: Just figured out how to post a link to one particular post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45397071&postcount=3651

At this stage anything is possible. That is an interesting possibility.

I was specifically looking at the Sunday Freedom calls and trying to find a way to explain them without them being a 7 day sailing out of San Juan.

I am currently looking at some Grand Cayman calls in a little different way now.

For instance, the 6 day Indy sailings call every other Tuesday at Grand Cayman now.

When I started researching Anthem, she calls every other Tuesday from November, 2016 to April, 2017.

When a ship is on a 6 / 8 rotation or a 4/ 8 / 4 rotation it also results in a 14 day pattern in a port.

I am starting to wonder if Anthem or Ovation is going to take these and sail on an 8 night / 6 night pattern calling in Grand Cayman every other Tuesday as booked.

I was specifically looking at the Sunday Freedom calls and trying to find a way to explain them without them being a 7 day sailing out of San Juan.

I am currently looking at some Grand Cayman calls in a little different way now.

For instance, the 6 day Indy sailings call every other Tuesday at Grand Cayman now.

When I started researching Anthem, she calls every other Tuesday from November, 2016 to April, 2017.

When a ship is on a 6 / 8 rotation or a 4/ 8 / 4 rotation it also results in a 14 day pattern in a port.

I am starting to wonder if Anthem or Ovation is going to take these and sail on an 8 night / 6 night pattern calling in Grand Cayman every other Tuesday as booked.

I believe Anthem will do the 6/8 itineraries, that's been my guess for awhile now! And then spending her summers in Southampton.

4/8/4 is a 16 day pattern. :confused:

I believe Anthem will of the 6/8 itineraries, that's been my guess for awhile now! And then spending her summers in Southampton.

I think it will all come down to whether or not Bermuda can get its port dredged in time for the 2016 summer season.

If Bermuda is dredged and Anthem can sail into Bermuda then I think that Royal leaves her in NJ permanently.

Ovation would then do whatever summer 2016 itineraries she can out of Southhampton before heading to FLL. Then Ovation splits her time between Southhampton and FLL.

If Bermuda does not get her port dredged in time for the 2016 season then Anthem heads to Southhampton for the summer then does winters in FLL and Ovation makes her way to NJ.

I think it will all come down to whether or not Bermuda can get its port dredged in time for the 2016 summer season.

If Bermuda is dredged and Anthem can sail into Bermuda then I think that Royal leaves her in NJ permanently.

Ovation would then do whatever summer 2016 itineraries she can out of Southhampton before heading to FLL. Then Ovation splits her time between Southhampton and FLL.

If Bermuda does not get her port dredged in time for the 2016 season then Anthem heads to Southhampton for the summer then does winters in FLL and Ovation makes her way to NJ.

Good point. It all comes down to whether Bermuda dredges in time.

My speculation was based on Bermuda being dredged. If not, everything could change again.

However, from a prior thread, I remember reading that almost any port that Adventure could go to , Freedom can go to.

As long as that is true I would LOVE for Freedom to go to San Juan and port there.

Been on Jewel and that is fine too, but hubby loves the bigger ships with the promenade so we plan on doing San Juan and Adventure (or whatever) for the next 3 years. Already have Adventure for April 2015 and 2016 so just waiting to see what our options are for April 2017

Good point. It all comes down to whether Bermuda dredges in time.

My speculation was based on Bermuda being dredged. If not, everything could change again.

Hopefully this time they will know for sure when they release the schedules and not have to make changes like they did with Quantum.

I actually like the idea of the oasis doing the 3/4 day runs.

It could be the opportunity to introduce a lot of new or existing cruisers to Oasis class who had previously been put off by the price.

Easily combined into a 7 or 10 day cruise.

It would certainly raise the average price of those short cruises.

It is all about the ship so the ports do not matter.

Only problem that I see is what do they replace Coco Cay with. Coined they do a cruise just going to Nassau? Could they figure out a way to tender off the Oasis that didn't take forever given the number of passengers?

As much as you might like the thought of it, I don't see that it is practical, not only for the reason you have suggested (where would she go that didn't require tendering), but for the general logistics of handling a 3/4 cruise schedule (that is a lot of passengers and provisions to account for twice a week).

I still see her doing at least a weekly trip, but could see one of the three doing a longer cruise.

I agree with this statement. However, it seems Jewel will be still be an option during the winter, so she will definitely be able to the ports.

Of coruse Freedom should be able to access all those ports visited from San Juan - bear in mind: NCL Breakaway and Royal Princess, and even QUANTUM OF THE SEAS are able to visit those ports, such as St. Lucia, Martinique, Grenade, St. Kitts etc., so Freedom can definitely dock there... ;)

Than Anthem returns to Europe in 2016, I perosnally do not believe, even if Bermuda does not get dredged.

If another ship needs to sail from Cape Liberty to do Bermuda, than I see Independence switching to Cape Liberty and maybe Anthem doing the Staurday runs from Ft. Lauderdale... ;)

And Ovation to head to Cape Liberty in late 2016.

But until May 2016 there is still enough time left to modify the Bermuda channel - so I think until that time everything should be finished so far... :)

I'm largely in agreement with this statement, but if they continue to keep two ships in San Juan from fall to May like they do now that would soften it.

I'm largely in agreement with this statement, but if they continue to keep two ships in San Juan from fall to May like they do now that would soften it.

I cannot imagine that there might be any (significant) changes regarding the itineraries - Freedom shall be able to dock at all ports that Adventure could access as well.

Freedom already called even at Oranjestad and Willemstad - and even Quantum otS is able to call at the ports in Southern Caribbean, so Freedom could dock there without any doubt...