Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

To consider in terms of where Jewel might be headed: When does she dry dock? She will be the only ship not to have been revitalized and she should be due by late 2015/early 2016.

I recently emailed Royal to ask this very question. This was their response 'Jewel of the Seas is scheduled to be revitalized and will be on dry dock on April 2016. The ship’s last revitalization was on May 2011."

I kept seeing rumors floating around that it might have been changed to going in fall of 2015 so I wanted to find out for sure.

Splendour is on the New Orleans Port schedule (winter 2015).

Nola goes from Voyager class to Radiance class to the Vision class.

Didn't know they had a tough time filling ships:confused:

Question about this year schedule.

I am looking at Alaska in Aug 2015 and doing a B2B to Honolulu.

This year there is a 7 day gap with Radiance doing nothing.

Any ideas????????

I do hope we will be able to do it next year

Any ideas????????

Which dates are you looking at? Radiance does a Vancouver RT in the spring & fall. The fall (september dates I think) cruise this year is a full charter, so there's only one Vancouver RT currently available in the system for 2014, May 9th. I'm hoping that they stick with this schedule for 2015. As we hope to sail her in May 2015.

Which dates are you looking at? Radiance does a Vancouver RT in the spring & fall. The fall (september dates I think) cruise this year is a full charter, so there's only one Vancouver RT currently available in the system for 2014, May 9th. I'm hoping that they stick with this schedule for 2015. As we hope to sail her in May 2015.

I was looking at this years Radiance and 5th to 12th Sept in missing.

If its a charter, that's good. We want to go next year.

Rhapsody wouldn't be bad either.

Have to wait and see which ships are where in April

To consider in terms of where Jewel might be headed: When does she dry dock? She will be the only ship not to have been revitalized and she should be due by late 2015/early 2016.

In another cruise board, I got an information sheet to see which ship will be refitted at which date.

JEWEL seems to be the last one and is due to be refitted in spring 2016.

According to the port schedule of St. Maarten JEWEL could be wintered again in San Juan, together with NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS...

http://201.220.14.27/sxmonline/VesselScheduleCruise.aspx

In another cruise board, I got an information sheet to see which ship will be refitted at which date.

According to the port schedule of St. Maarten JEWEL could be wintered again in San Juan, together with NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS...

I have been reading the posts but what ships are due to go to Alaska in 2015.

I have been reading the posts but what ships are due to go to Alaska in 2015.

-RADIANCE OF THE SEAS - between Vancouver and Seward (her Hawaii cruise in May 2015 ends in Vancouver)

-JEWEL OF THE SEAS - surely from Seattle - also listed in some US West Coast ports

-maybe VISION OF THE SEAS as a third ship???

I was looking at this years Radiance and 5th to 12th Sept in missing.

If its a charter, that's good. We want to go next year.

Rhapsody wouldn't be bad either.

Have to wait and see which ships are where in April

That is the Dave Koz Jazz Cruise.

It is beginning to look more like Jewel of the Seas will reposition to Alaska via the canal in May 2015.

That is the Dave Koz Jazz Cruise.

It is beginning to look more like Jewel of the Seas will reposition to Alaska via the canal in May 2015.

Thanks.

I hope they don't charter it next year.

Although Seattle on Jewel looks good. Have to wait and see if it will go back South or onto Hawaii

Any ideas????????

Under the Jones Act you are not allowed to do those 2 cruises back to back.

It is an out dated law USA law.

Radiance Alaska Cruise then Radiance Hawaii not allowed. B2B not allowed

Alaska, then Hawaii then Australia. B2B2B allowed.

Radiance Alaska cruise then skip a cruise then Radiance to Hawaii allowed.

Another Alaskan Cruise Ship swap Vancouver same day then Radiance to Hawaii allowed.

Contact Royal Caribbean for further details or start a new thread. Normally what happens people book the B2B then a few days later Royal ring them to say booking cancelled not allowed.

Edited by springaussie

Under the Jones Act you are not allowed to do those 2 cruises back to back.

It is an out dated law USA law.

Radiance Alaska Cruise then Radiance Hawaii not allowed. B2B not allowed

Alaska, then Hawaii then Australia. B2B2B allowed.

Radiance Alaska cruise then skip a cruise then Radiance to Hawaii allowed.

Another Alaskan Cruise Ship swap Vancouver same day then Radiance to Hawaii allowed.

Contact Royal Caribbean for further details or start a new thread. Normally what happens people book the B2B then a few days later Royal ring them to say booking cancelled not allowed.

Thanks that for that.

Some strange laws in the world.

That would probably be better for us, Seattle to Vancouver to Honolulu.

I hope it is Jewel and even if we have to change ships in Vancouver. it wouldn't be a problem.

Rhapsody is doing an 11 day as Radiance is 10 this year.

Have to wait and see

Thanks.

I hope they don't charter it next year.

Although Seattle on Jewel looks good. Have to wait and see if it will go back South or onto Hawaii

Based upon what I'm seeing, it will be heading south. There is a stop in Monterey (CA) on Sep 24, 2015 then LA on Sep 26, 2015. But I'm still not totally convinced that Los Angeles will be the start/end point for those cruises late 2015. Will just have to wait and see.

Based upon what I'm seeing, it will be heading south. There is a stop in Monterey (CA) on Sep 24, 2015 then LA on Sep 26, 2015. But I'm still not totally convinced that Los Angeles will be the start/end point for those cruises late 2015. Will just have to wait and see.

On other cruise forums here in Oz people are saying Radiance will not be returning to Australia for our spring 2015.

I have no proof to prove that just reporting it to this forum.

I recently emailed Royal to ask this very question. This was their response 'Jewel of the Seas is scheduled to be revitalized and will be on dry dock on April 2016. The ship’s last revitalization was on May 2011."

I kept seeing rumors floating around that it might have been changed to going in fall of 2015 so I wanted to find out for sure.

Interesting. My next cruise (after the Jewel in 5 weeks) will likely be 2016. I don't think I can afford another cruise in 2015. Therefore, if I cruise the Radiance Class ship out of San Juan, I'd be back on Jewel and she would NOT have changed. Hmmm...interesting to think about...

And Anthem shows up beginning with December '15!:D

And Anthem shows up beginning with December '15!:D

So I flipped to May '15, and couldn't help but notice that Quantum starts showing up in St. Maarten on Mondays, every 14 days, at the very strange time of 12:15 pm...

Lets see... hmm...

9+5 is 14...

Explorer's current 9 night cruises (during her 9 night / 5 night program) leave on Friday...

...and it would make perfect sense that a ship leaving from NJ on Friday could arrive in St. Maarten by mid-day on Monday (2.5 days at Sea)...

Looks to me like Quantum may adopt Explorer's 9 night / 5 night format beginning in May '15, as I hoped! :D:D:D

LOL all speculation of course based on the information provided, but as has been well established, that's the point of this thread.

LOL all speculation of course based on the information provided, but as has been well established, that's the point of this thread.

I must give credit to the ever insightful FIRELT5 who also noticed this way back in the day! ;) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1787151

I'll make my prediction a little different than FIRELT5's though and guess no Bermuda stop on Saturday -- straight from Bayonne on Friday.