Transatlantic packing help

cruzilove

Layers are best. September is still rather warm, even in the North Atlantic, but a waterproof jacket along with what you'd normally pack for any cruise. On crossings, the QM2 will be very formal, so bring your best formalwear. You'll see lots of tuxes and sequins on a Cunard crossing.

I agree about layering. A lightweight nice cardigan for over a blouse is good if public rooms are chilly. Cunard is definitely a dressier ship but I'd probably still take a turtleneck. It can be worn alone or under a blouse.

On a ta you are indoors more than outside so don't need really warm clothing for the transit.

Well, it's a bit too early to have a detailed weather forecast as yet. Your best bet might be look out of the hotel window each morning and then go and buy something. If you're going crazy 7 months before you even have to check you've got a suitcase, then maybe you'd be better off not packing at all.

But if you really want to pack some stuff, start by packing clothes for the best likely weather, say 85 degrees and sunny. Then add stuff for the worst likely weather, say 50 degrees and raining. Bear in mind that you can wear the bad weather gear on top of the good weather gear.

Don't assume the Atlantic will be warm. It's Autumn, and the ship brings its own guaranteed 25mph wind.

My husband and I are sailing on the QM2 in September 2014 and I am going crazy trying to figure out what to pack. We will be staying in London 6 nights prior to our sailing......any help would be greatly appreciated.

London in September averages are between 17C and 20C (60sF) Can get quite cool at night. I found a comfortable blazer, light weight jumper, that can be worn under the blazer as well, and long sleeve shirts, with your favourite jeans/pants were the most versatile. Don't really need heavy duty coat, but a waterproof casual jacket (parka) as well, may come in useful for there could be showers. AC on ship will allow casual comfort.