Pro Excursion Dune Buggy Tour

RainbowsMist

Hello,

We have booked a 1/2 day Dune Buggy Excursion with Pro Excursions. My question is, from what I've read and the pictures I've seen you get really muddy, is there somewhere we can "clean up" before getting back on the ship?

Would love to hear from those that have taken this tour. We were really torn between the Dune Buggy Excursion & the La Romana Sea Excursions for Cruise Ships but decided to go ahead with this one as we'll be doing a water excursion in Aruba.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

We have booked a 1/2 day Dune Buggy Excursion with Pro Excursions. My question is, from what I've read and the pictures I've seen you get really muddy, is there somewhere we can "clean up" before getting back on the ship?

Would love to hear from those that have taken this tour. We were really torn between the Dune Buggy Excursion & the La Romana Sea Excursions for Cruise Ships but decided to go ahead with this one as we'll be doing a water excursion in Aruba.

Thank you!

Hi,

Have you already gone in your excursion? We sail in May on the carnival breeze

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I did this excursion with three of my friends back in September and we LOVED every minute of it. When you get off the boat you go out to where the taxis are waiting and they will put you in a cab with everyone else that is going to ProExcursions. Don't worry most are going to Saona island excursion (at least when we went. When we got there we were greeted by Michel (the guy who started the company) and he helped us get checked in and explained what we were going to do. After the other two groups arrived from the hotels we all climbed into the back of a big open air truck and drove about 20 minutes to where the ranch is that we leave from. On the was Michel led the group in introducing ourselves to everyone. When we got to the ranch he went over the safety info for the buggies. Then everyone piled in and off we went. It had rained the day before so we had some good mud that we drove threw. Keep in mind that you are driving yourself so you can get as dirty as you want. We stopped in the sugar cane fields and learned a little about the way it is harvested and we were also told what to expect at the next stop which was a Haitian village. They let you know that when they go through there they buy rice and give it to the families in need and if you would like you can donate but you are not obligated to. After the Haitian village you are off to the jungle were you can rinse off at the Alta De Chevon before you go to the plantain owners 'residence'. There they cook up some food that is grown on the plantation for you. I will say they are the best bananas that I have ever had in my life. After that you head back to the ranch. Once there they have an outdoor shower of sort to rinse off before they take you back to Bayahibe where we had about an hour to do whatever we wanted until the taxi took us back to the ship. We ended up going and rinsing off in the ocean and got most of the dirt off. We had our swim suits on under our clothes so we went in clothed so we can try and get those clothes clean also. I wore tennis shoes that were going to be tossed out after anyways so I didn't have to deal with them. Take flip flops to change into and a towel since the cab driver was not happy when we got back to the ship and found out that his seats were a bit wet. Also There was a young man who goes along with you and takes photos the whole time and gives you the option of buying a disc with all of them at the end of the trip. We did this and there were some really good photos that were taken. Worth the money to purchase. Overall This was our FAVORITE excursion... We would do it again in a heart beat!!! Don't be afraid to get messy. By the end of the trip all three buggies were covered in mud but we were all smiling.

Hi,

Have you already gone in your excursion? We sail in May on the carnival breeze

Just off the Breeze today! This excursion was the highlight of our entire vacation :) Would highly recommend it!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to book this excursion. How long was it in total? Carnival offers it stating it's a 3 hour duration. I am going to book with Pro Excursion but am curious about their duration.

Thanks,

dduckieg

Looking to book this excursion. How long was it in total? Carnival offers it stating it's a 3 hour duration. I am going to book with Pro Excursion but am curious about their duration.

Thanks,

dduckieg

Originally it was 9:15-3:00 (back on ship by 4:00) but our itinerary changed the week before we sailed by leaving an hour earlier so they had us back by 3:00. You are physically on the dune buggy's from approximately 11:00-2:00. But there was travel time to and from Pro Excursions as well as registering time and travel time to the buggy's as they are at a separate location.

Due to us leaving an hour earlier we lost the beach time at the end. Which was fine.

Did you happen to see people riding the ATVs through Pro Excursions? We are interested in that, however I want to ride tandem, rather than drive my own atv.

Maybe the dune buggy is better for us?

We had ATV's in our group too. 2 were double, 1 was single rider. Does that help?

Thanks!! Yes it does help. I will contact pro excursions. Their website says double riders must be a combined weight under 300 lbs so they might not work for us. Not that we are overweight; just our combined weight is about 325. The buggys look fun too though so either way we won't be disappointed.

Thanks!! Yes it does help. I will contact pro excursions. Their website says double riders must be a combined weight under 300 lbs so they might not work for us. Not that we are overweight; just our combined weight is about 325. The buggys look fun too though so either way we won't be disappointed.

Pokergirl, I looked all over their website but could not see the 300 lb weight limit per buggy for 2 riders. Would you please direct me to that info?

Pokergirl, I looked all over their website but could not see the 300 lb weight limit per buggy for 2 riders. Would you please direct me to that info?

Hello, it's specific to the atvs only. The language is on the land excursions for cruise ships page and reads:

Super confortable 650cc Buggys with automatic drive offering 2*to 4 seaters ( 2 people max 400lbs, 4 people max 600lbs). Yamaha semi-automatic ATV (2 people max*300lbs)

Here is the link but im not sure it will post per forum rules:

http://www.proexcursionsbayahibe.com/snorkling-tours/tours/la-romana-land-activities-for-cruise-ships.aspx

I just noticed the atvs are "semi automatic", so there is no way I will be able to drive my own. I have never driven a manual tranny vehicle before. I've never driven an atv either so for me it's double or nothing (haha).

Hello, it's specific to the atvs only. The language is on the land excursions for cruise ships page and reads:

Super confortable 650cc Buggys with automatic drive offering 2*to 4 seaters ( 2 people max 400lbs, 4 people max 600lbs). Yamaha semi-automatic ATV (2 people max*300lbs)

Here is the link but im not sure it will post per forum rules:

http://www.proexcursionsbayahibe.com/snorkling-tours/tours/la-romana-land-activities-for-cruise-ships.aspx

I just noticed the atvs are "semi automatic", so there is no way I will be able to drive my own. I have never driven a manual tranny vehicle before. I've never driven an atv either so for me it's double or nothing (haha).

When they say semi automatic its nothing really. There's no clutch or anything. You simply gear up with your foot. They are VERY easy.

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone worried about Mosquitos on the atv ride? I'm thinking of switching excursions because of the virus outbreak...riding through puddles and such? Did anyone who has already rode, see any Mosquitos?

Edited by b_cruise

• 1 month later...

Is anyone aware of any other dune buggy operators? Pro excursions are booked up for the day that we are in port and we really liked the idea of this excursion. Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered!