Deep Sea fishing in Ft. Lauderdale

cofgren

We are looking to go Deep Sea fishing before our cruise on the Oasis of the Seas this summer. Does anyone have knowledge of a charter that is awesome. My grandchildren want to go shark fishing. On previous cruises we have had lots of disappointing outings. My grandchildren are starting to think there are no fish in the Caribbean.

We are looking to go Deep Sea fishing before our cruise on the Oasis of the Seas this summer. Does anyone have knowledge of a charter that is awesome. My grandchildren want to go shark fishing. On previous cruises we have had lots of disappointing outings. My grandchildren are starting to think there are no fish in the Caribbean.

I am not sure of the east coast, but here on the west coast the taking of virtually all sharks is proscribed. Maybe one per boat of the few species which are still allowed.

I don't have a specific recommendation but you can start on the Fort Lauderdale tourism website: http://www.sunny.org/ways-to-play/sports/fising/. It looks like over 20 charter outfits are listed, some of which are TripAdvisor rated.

Capt Taco of Hooked Up Fishing Charters is located in Fort Lauderdale Beach just a few blocks south of Las Olas Blvd. I've fished with him a few times and had a lot of fun. He does half and full day charters. He also does shared charters if you plan on going by yourself. He has a website and can be reached at 877-732-4344 or 954-764-4344. Nice guy and always a nice crew. I always bring the crew a few extra sandwiches when I go.

Yes. We charter the boat and decide what we want to catch. And the Capt. try's to accommodate us as best he can. Simple.

Very good; and, you might think about dolphin. Here in SWFL there are a couple of restaurants which will cook your catch, together with sides for a nominal cost. I am sure that there may be some in your area.

Very good; and, you might think about dolphin. Here in SWFL there are a couple of restaurants which will cook your catch, together with sides for a nominal cost. I am sure that there may be some in your area.

They won't cook our catch. Any thing we catch will live to see another day.We are only going to torment them slightly and then let them go.

I am referring to a restaurant, not the boat. Dolphin almandine provides a great meal.

Yes, I knew what you were saying. We're not really big on eating fish. Occasionally, but not often. We just like catching those rascals.

Here is a Groupon for drift fishing:

http://touch.groupon.com/deals/fishful-thinking?utm_campaign=200187

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sounds like a good deal. Also, you are close to the gulf stream; hence, you will be doing more fishing and less traveling. Here in SWFL those half day trips only allow about one to one and half hours of fishing, due to the distance the headboat must travel to get to the fish.