New "My Silversea" on Silversea website

Wellseasoned

• 2 weeks later...
As of this afternoon suite numbers now show on Mysilversea. Click on My bookings, then Details... the suite number is listed under the ship name.

Seems that this is also works for past voyages. :cool:

Yep, it works now....at least I finally see it where it is. Guess it's good it's the cabin we booked for our upcoming, bad is that it's not the cabin we really wanted but that was booked and we were, and supposedly still are, waitlisted. I doubt seriously that this far after final payment there'll be any movement so we'll be happy to be where we are and on the cruises (2413 & 2414).

Edited by Randyk47

"My Silversea" there is an old adage - if it ain't broke don't mend it! I am sick and fed up with spending ages trying to access the site - only to be told "oups" error etc!

SS should not have released what is clearly a "beta" version of the software - even the London office said there were teething problems and it kept crashing- but for how long are we expected to put up with this? We too didn't have all our data migrated from the old system, even to a shorex booked which is now wait listed!

Regarding the new silver box, this is now made up in Italy, by the same company for Orient Express - all to do with the "right" image for SS! We only got ours days before leaving for 2406, delayed apparently as we are also on 2407 and 2408 and the latter information hadn't been compiled. The "journal" is small and perfectly formed, but not sure about including the cruise tickets - too much weight, so printed the relevant page. Had a wry smile at the ship's emergency contact instructions -am told to insert my credit card, but can't find a suitable slot in my mobile phone!

Currently in Cape Town where it is extremely windy. Hoping the Wind will manage to berth on Thursday, as ships are often delayed at this time of the year for this reason.

We also agree that advance reservation bookings could potentially be a nightmare for the on board staff if people then don't show on the appointed day and don't bother to cancel you can also only reserve a two hour time slot, unless you make it a "special request.

For all of you on 2406 look forward to seeing you in the Bar!

Regards

Master Echo

• 1 month later...

Giving this a bump with a note that I had not seen mentioned previously (or didn't pay attention to if so) - Activities can only be booked between 120 and 7 days prior to your cruise. If your cruise departs in less than 7 days, please reserve onboard the ship. We're embarking on Silver Spirit this weekend and I just tried to book some dinner reservations but was unable to do so (less than 7 days to go!). Shouldn't be a big deal, we're typically flexible on vacation and didn't have problems making changes on-board throughout our previous cruise. On that sailing there were several reps set up in the Supper Club with iPads taking reservations on embarkation day which was very efficient, we'll look for them on Saturday.

Another note if anybody else has a similar issue - I locked myself out of my account over the weekend (my computer crashed, I was using my husband's laptop & couldn't remember my saved password). After 3 or so unsuccessful attempts I was locked out. Quick call to the 800# this morning and I'm back in business - they provided a temporary password that allows you to go in and change yours. The rep stayed on the line to be sure it was successful.

Happy sailing, all!

Edited by PRWeezer