Fosters Oil Can included in Unlimited drinks package?

I'm new to cruise critic and was browsing the posts to see if it was worth while purchasing the Unlimited drinks package on RCCL. I usually drink the Fosters Oil Can's and noticed that everyone seems to think they aren't included in the package. I emailed RCCL to confirm or deny this and the representative I heard back from said they are included in the package. Can anyone who has cruised recently confirm or deny this?

Mark

I'd print out the email from RCCL and carry it on the ship with you. If they still don't honor it, have them refund the price of the package. OR, just wait till you board to purchase the package.

Edited by PattyG12

Last month I was on the Legend, I had the cheaper package as I am a beer drinker. For my $20.00 or so per day, Fosters was not included. Look at the "up to" prices on the different packages to see how much it is for beer.

Edited by hannibal54

Last month I was on the Legend, I had the cheaper package as I am a beer drinker. For my $20.00 or so per day, Fosters was not included. Look at the "up to" prices on the different packages to see how much it is for beer.

If you had the Select package, it was 40.00 per day, not 20.00. And the "up to" deals with wine and mixed drinks, not beer. There are beers that are slightly more expensive than those that have an asterisk that are part of the package. Guinness, Murphy's and Boddington's are all 5.95 and excluded from the packages, but you can get a Grolsch which is 6.75 or a La Fin du Monde which is 6.95 included with the package.

SouthNJ is entirely right about the exclusion being on a beer-by-beer basis. My best guess is that the beer exclusion has very little to do with price and mostly to do with availability. There are simply some beers of which the ship will stock very limited supplies based on past demand. As these packages mature, I would expect that the exclusions will change as well, based on changes in demand.

If you had the Select package, it was 40.00 per day, not 20.00. And the "up to" deals with wine and mixed drinks, not beer. There are beers that are slightly more expensive than those that have an asterisk that are part of the package. Guinness, Murphy's and Boddington's are all 5.95 and excluded from the packages, but you can get a Grolsch which is 6.75 or a La Fin du Monde which is 6.95 included with the package.

You are right, my mistake, it was $40.00 per day. Had a bad brain day.

Not included when i went 2 weeks ago, and I had the preium package.

There was a list in my room of all the drinks included, and the oil can was not. Had the asterisk beside it.

Was there a list waiting in your stateroom with your soda cup when you arrived onboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Any one have the list of beers that are included/excluded? I spoke to RCCL and they said all beers are included, I will find out in 4 weeks. I am a liquor drinker but I do enjoy a cold beer
If you talk to two different CSR's, you will more than likely get two different answers to many questions. There is just as much confusion on these boards as there is when you try to get a definitive answer when you contact RCI on the phone regarding the drinks package. The same is true with Carnival and Celebrity as well. Things can be different from ship to ship and you can even get different occurrences from bar to bar on the same sailing.

Fosters is not included. Some beer in the "PUB" is not included, but those beers are only available in the pub. With that being said, and the vast variety of beer available, I have no problem getting a drink. After all, for some strange reason, Fosters is the "cheapest" beer on board, and it is not included. I wouldn't ever be concerned with this, and certainly, not ask for a refund!

I'm new to cruise critic and was browsing the posts to see if it was worth while purchasing the Unlimited drinks package on RCCL. I usually drink the Fosters Oil Can's and noticed that everyone seems to think they aren't included in the package. I emailed RCCL to confirm or deny this and the representative I heard back from said they are included in the package. Can anyone who has cruised recently confirm or deny this?

Mark

Could it be exclusive to Australia cruises???:confused:

Is guinness available on Independence of the seas? Is it on the drinks package?

Yes, it is available....no, as a regular can it is not part of the package. But, there are "beer cocktails" that are available in the pub and 3 of them contain Guinness....the Black & Tan, the Black & Blue and the Black & White. It has not been confirmed anywhere on the boards that I have read whether or not they are included in the packages. In the past, those beers that are marked with an asterisk are not included in the packages, Guinness, Boddingtons and Murphy's to name a few all have asterisk's but the beer cocktails do not, so there is a possibility that they could be included.

Is guinness available on Independence of the seas? Is it on the drinks package?

Yes, it is available....no, as a regular can it is not part of the package. But, there are "beer cocktails" that are available in the pub and 3 of them contain Guinness....the Black & Tan, the Black & Blue and the Black & White. It has not been confirmed anywhere on the boards that I have read whether or not they are included in the packages. In the past, those beers that are marked with an asterisk are not included in the packages, Guinness, Boddingtons and Murphy's to name a few all have asterisk's but the beer cocktails do not, so there is a possibility that they could be included.

I have an email from RCCL confirming that Boddigtons and Guiness are now available with the new premium package, but after reading this thread, I suspect the email may not be definitive. I will reply to the email asking where this can be confirmed. Bitter and stout are very different types of beer to the list of popular beers aboard.

Ben

I have an email from RCCL confirming that Boddigtons and Guiness are now available with the new premium package, but after reading this thread, I suspect the email may not be definitive. I will reply to the email asking where this can be confirmed. Bitter and stout are very different types of beer to the list of popular beers aboard.

Ben

Keep us posted on the outcome and thank you.