RC Pre-Cruise Planner

cruisePAC

DH and I will be taking a Mediterranean cruise in July that leaves from/returns to Barcelona. We're less than 6 months from embarkation. We're considering taking either RC transportation or a taxi from the port to the BCN airport. Does anyone have experience with either of these? What was the cost of the RC transportation vs. taxi? When does the RC website post the departure time of their transportation so that it can be booked? We are looking at a flight that departs BCN at 10:45am and waiting on RC before booking our flight.

We'd also like to purchase a wine package. When does the website allow us to start booking that?

Thanks for your advice and information.

Just call RCCL regarding the flight times even if you are booked with a TA, there is no set date for when things open for pre cruise booking, go to the web site and on the home page go to "before you board" hover and there will be a drop down, then go to " count down to cruise" log in on the right, then go to the tab that says "pre cruise planner" and then choose what you would like to book, it will tell you if you are able to book, you just have to keep checking, also check your roll call other passengers usually post when the sailing is open.

DH and I will be taking a Mediterranean cruise in July that leaves from/returns to Barcelona. We're less than 6 months from embarkation. We're considering taking either RC transportation or a taxi from the port to the BCN airport. Does anyone have experience with either of these? What was the cost of the RC transportation vs. taxi? When does the RC website post the departure time of their transportation so that it can be booked? We are looking at a flight that departs BCN at 10:45am and waiting on RC before booking our flight.

We'd also like to purchase a wine package. When does the website allow us to start booking that?

Thanks for your advice and information.

RCI doesn't post the time of their transfers. You complete a debarkation form telling them your flight time and they will tell you what time to leave the ship. I think a taxi was around $30 plus tip, a couple of years ago. Depending on the day, you might encounter rush hour traffic. A 1045 am flight might be cutting it close. They usually want you at the airport 2 to 3 hours in advance of an international flight.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They did transfers for people leaving the ship early and a tour for those leaving late - I took the tour, but got off before they went out to the airport - I was staying downtown area, and it worked.

But it is not far to the airport, and if they arranged the flight, and they arrange the transfer, it is best - then you know if there is a problem, they will get you on a later flight. I am sure they will get you there in lots of time, it is not very far, and usually you are on a weekend, and traffic is light. They arrived at around 5am the cruise I was on a couple of yrs ago, so there was lots of time for them to be organized!

Enjoy!