British Military Discounts

b_coy5r

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

A bit off-topic but not totally. Apparently ID cards for ex-military personnel will be introduced later this year. I have no details. Will be useful to prove service and could be especially useful in the USA where discounts for Service Personnel, serving and retired, are commonplace in hotels, tourist attractions etc. 

Worth keeping an eye out for. 

Per Ardua... 

• 3 weeks later...

yes rolling out for service leavers now then will be "advertised"  for current vets... I believe it will be yur driving licence with veteran added to it so how visible and obvious when overseas ie usa i dont know

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/18/2019 at 6:33 PM, Tothesunset said:

A bit off-topic but not totally. Apparently ID cards for ex-military personnel will be introduced later this year. I have no details. Will be useful to prove service and could be especially useful in the USA where discounts for Service Personnel, serving and retired, are commonplace in hotels, tourist attractions etc. 

Worth keeping an eye out for. 

Per Ardua... 

Don't hold your breath on that one. 

The whole roll out has come to a grinding halt. 

As far as I can tell only personal actually leaving have ever been issued a veterans ID card.

Never heard of the driving license marked with a V for veteran idea.

Where did you get that from Lebreos?  I can't find any official notice of this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2021 at 9:29 AM, Magnetchief said:

Don't hold your breath on that one. 

The whole roll out has come to a grinding halt. 

As far as I can tell only personal actually leaving have ever been issued a veterans ID card.

Never heard of the driving license marked with a V for veteran idea.

Where did you get that from Lebreos?  I can't find any official notice of this.

I have two drivers licenses from two states that both say veteran on them. Obviously, I only use the driver's license for the state o reside in but those licenses are definitely out there. Sometimes you have to ask them to put it on there but you should get it for proof of service and discounts.

On 9/7/2021 at 1:59 AM, mommysoncruiser said:

I have two drivers licenses from two states that both say veteran on them. Obviously, I only use the driver's license for the state o reside in but those licenses are definitely out there. Sometimes you have to ask them to put it on there but you should get it for proof of service and discounts.

Were talking UK veterans, UK license.  

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Cant remember where I saw it about marking driving licences - I think it was dropped pretty quickly and they went back to issuing veterans an ID card - still currently afaik service leavers are only getting them - they have promised to roll it out beyond that several times - i think they want us to all die off first...

Edited by lebreos