star leaves a lot to be desired

lukesgrammie

Hopefully he does Working 2 Cruise! Demanding????? My main problems like tracking through feses in the womans restroom and being told to report it to the pursers desk was not anticipatted. I am not a newbie cruiser..simply saying that this particular Princess cruise needs to step it up! I did my research...Ninety-nine percent of the crew were wonderful. That is why we are platinum. Just not "engaged"...I really believe there were a lot of new crew members on this ship because no experienced staff would leave a passenger laying on the floor after a fall for as long as they did. TWICE!!

I'm not making excuses but had a thought....maybe the crew has been instructed to not move anyone for fear of worsening the injuries.

Lukesgrammie, I am really sorry that this cruise was not up to par... I don't understand it and I would also be very unhappy. I hope you wrote or called Princess about it.

As for DShock, all he could do is complain about people on his cruise being too old, weather too cold and the seas too rough... I have no sympathy for him!

I was on the Star last year and the cruise was magical. I have posted a number of times how the crew was so gracious. Actually, the best I have ever encountered.

Though I have to agree with you about some cruises. I really like HAL, but our cruise this past December on the Zuiderdam was absolutely "meh". My husband and I nicknamed it our "one-off" cruise. Everything was just one degree off... Nothing major. No deal breakers. Just off.

So I get what you mean about this cruise. Sometimes, a crew just can't get it together in a way that we have come to love and expect in the Princess product.

Didn't see an answer. Anyone?

I was on the Jan.19 Star cruise also, and I will get to that in a second but I wanted to answer your question first. Most of the crew we talked to (and that was a lot) said they signed contracts for 10 months, with 2 months off. That is a long time to be happy and smiling every day. Talking to them made me very grateful for the life that I have, and I really feel for them. They work very, very hard. Our room steward seemed tired, but he said he's been doing that for over 20 years!

As for the cruise, we had an amazing time. The Star was in good shape and we enjoyed our 2 weeks on her. Yes, it was mostly an older crowd, my DH & I are in our 30's, we didn't mind at all, it was what we were expecting. We met many great people who all had good attitudes, didn't hear much complaining. Yes, we missed Maui, but you can't control the weather. The weather wasn't great the whole time.

About the $200 credit mix up, my only complaint was that they took 2 days to fix it. I thought that was pretty bad, I know it didn't take them that long to realize that mistake.

In short I would recommend this cruise, we thought the food was great! And anytime I don't have to cook & clean is a good time for me! I think it's all about attitude :)

I agree that this doesn't give a true picture of how the cruise actually was if everyone marks a 10 as suggested. But I have to disagree with you that this only happens on Princess. I've had the same thing happen on Royal Caribbean and Norwegian. And Carnival was the worst. At the debark talk, the CD spent half the time begging people to mark a 10 or everyone on the ship will get fired. In the Dining Room on the last night, our waiter set the comment card on our table and showed us which sections he expected us to mark a 10. Very tacky. So singling Princess out is not fair. It's an industry wide practice.

On Princess, where 7 (strongly agree) was the highest mark on one cruise, it was subtlely made a part of the cooking demo in the Princess Theater.

DSC02530051211MagictrickbyHWVincenzo_zps8a36d90d.jpg

Edited by caribill