Chacchobben Ruins or Beach break?

jplee3

Hey all,

So we'll have a few hours (1pm-5:45pm I think) in Costa Maya on an upcoming cruise and I was wondering if it will feel too rushed (and if we'll end up being tired etc) visiting the Chacchobben Ruins there in the time we have. The thing is, we're also making a stop in Cozumel the next day and I was thinking about doing the ruins tour (San Gervasio?) there. What would you guys recommend?

My brothers are kinda thinking we'll feel rushed with less than half a day and were sorta pushing to lay-low while in Costa Maya. I take that to mean beach break! I'm actually going to be fly-fishing down there so I've got my plans figured out but I've sort of turned myself into the designated excursions planner somehow.

Anyway, are there any good free/lower-cost beach options that would be near Nohoch Kay or in Majahual where, if the rest of my family wanted to, they could just hangout for a few hours and not pay and arm and a leg collectively?

TIA!

Edited by jplee3

• 2 weeks later...

Avoid the excurson , Jungle Beach break, to Uvero Beach. The beach is okay...a bit seaweedy though. Plenty of loungers too. The problem is with the employees there. Surly bartender who barely put any alcohol in the drinks, unless you tip in advance every time ( drinks supposed to be included in excursion fee), and my husband said..a pushy men's room attendant..in a BEACH restroom . He wants money for turning on faucets and handing out paper towels.

Just not in the mood to be handing out more cash after paying $45 each for a ride on their rattley mildew smelling buses and 2 hours of beach time.

We did the Chacchobben Ruins last time around. It was nice, but I got kind of bored honestly after a while. My kids did too. We are going to Tropicante this time around. It's free & we have the option to buy lunch/drinks.

Edited by oreoandboots
add something