Early Saver q

mackatty

I booked our next cruise for 2015 while we were onboard Liberty two weeks ago, so I received the $100 onboard credit offer for the 2015 cruise.

Am I reading the Early Saver Form page correctly that I will lose that $100 onboard credit if I submit a request for any future price drops?

Edited by mackatty

OBC from booking while on another cruise does not get forfeited when you request a price drop. (Except by mistake, so make sure you keep an eye on your account, and take a few screen shots along the way just to be sure.)

OBC from booking while on another cruise does not get forfeited when you request a price drop. (Except by mistake, so make sure you keep an eye on your account, and take a few screen shots along the way just to be sure.)

Awesome - thanks!

I'm so glad someone clarified this as I had the same question! I have just booked our Freedom cruise for Sept whilst onboard our Splendor cruise last month and was worried we would lose our OBC.

Yesterday, I saw someone asked John Heald the exact same question on his FB page & her follow up response was that CCL called her back to reinstate her $100 onboard credit & said the CSR who removed it was in the wrong. Looks like we may have phone calls to CCL in our future if our credit disappears after a price adjustment.

Another question?

If I change my sailing to another ship, do I lose my OBC and ES rate and the $50 pp deposit special offer?

Sorry, but that I do not know the answer to. You may want to start your own thread for that question!

Another question?

If I change my sailing to another ship, do I lose my OBC and ES rate and the $50 pp deposit special offer?

You won't lose that OBC from booking while on a cruise. However if you change your booking to a new ship, you will be required to pay whatever deposit goes with the rate for the new ship and room you choose. If there's no $50pp deposit offered, then yes you will owe the rest or they will cancel the booking.

• 2 weeks later...

Larkz, thanks again for the heads up! Sure enough, CSR 1 couldn't figure out how to keep my OBC when I switched to Early Saver. So I had to call the next day & get it straightened out. CSR 2 knew exactly what the girl from the night before had done wrong & fixed it immediately.

Fast forward to this week - I changed our cabin assignment on Monday & CSR 3 said my OBC would not show up for 24-48 hours due to the change. It hadn't shown up by today so I called AGAIN & CSR 4 couldn't figure it out and reported that my account notes show that CSR 1 informed me I would lose this OBC by switching to Early Saver. I informed her that was incorrect & was easily fixed by CSR 2, so she got assistance and was finally able to get the $100 OBC reinstated.

Long story short - CSRs 1 & 4 did not understand the OBC came from booking new cruise while on another Carnival cruise NOT from a Future Cruise Certificate. So be prepare to make numerous calls to Carnival if you are in a similar situation!

I booked our first early saver rate a few weeks ago for an October cruise. I booked through our TA. I told her my understanding was I could get lower rates even past the full payment date. She said that was true but the request had to be made in writing, not just a phone call that she usually does for us. We usually book under past guest rate. I could not get a clear answer about changing cabin assignments. I've changed cabins many times under past guest rates in the same category.

My questions are:

1. If booked while on a cruise can the reservation be transferred to a TA so these kinds of calls the OP had to make can be handled by the TA?

2. Will my TA be able to get lower rates and a different cabin in the same cat?

I booked our next cruise for 2015 while we were onboard Liberty two weeks ago, so I received the $100 onboard credit offer for the 2015 cruise.

Am I reading the Early Saver Form page correctly that I will lose that $100 onboard credit if I submit a request for any future price drops?

When I've submitted price drops, my OBC for booking onboard has disappeared from Manage My Cruise payment page. However, it still appears on the Cruise Docs page 2.

I have been reading the posts about OBC, ES, and price drops. So I ask my TA about it and she says I am not eligible for anything since I got a good rate for my cruise. I she shuckin and jivin me? How is it that if the price drops, I am not eligible? How does one obtain OBC? Where does it come from? When I inquired about that she said she called Carnival and they don't show that I have an OBC. I had one on my last cruise and I can't tell you where it came from, so I asked my TA bout it. :confused: I want goodies too.

I have been reading the posts about OBC, ES, and price drops. So I ask my TA about it and she says I am not eligible for anything since I got a good rate for my cruise. I she shuckin and jivin me? How is it that if the price drops, I am not eligible? How does one obtain OBC? Where does it come from? When I inquired about that she said she called Carnival and they don't show that I have an OBC. I had one on my last cruise and I can't tell you where it came from, so I asked my TA bout it. :confused: I want goodies too.

Our $100 OBC is from booking our next cruise while we were on our last cruise.

is there an easy way to track prices of a cruise. I've also book a future cruise under the saver program..but short of looking every day I didn't know of a way to watch the price. I dont want to miss out on a price adjustment ...any ideas would be appreciated.

I've signed up for CC's new alerts (not cruise-specific though), icruise, and cruise fish. My OCD tendencies do have me checking the Carnival Fare Viewer often despite my alerts. The price has only dropped once, the day after I booked, lol. But my next cruise is February 2015, so I've got quite some time.

Edited by mackatty