Many Disney Dream questions??

jacksmom09

Hi! Just started planning for our cruise in July! This is our 2nd Disney cruise, but our 1rst was on Disney Wonder 6+ years ago! I am wondering what not to miss activities will be available for dd turning 8 just a few weeks before cruise? Also booked a Navigators balcony and wonder what that will be like (had reg balcony last trip)! Also wondering if that have any special DVC member things on board ? Really appreciate any tips / advise for our cruise!

There will be a DVC desk with a small "give away" each night. There is a "member celebration" with a bigger gift and usually some games played for prizes. A little info about buying more points while on board. Members are welcome to attend the regular sales pitches also, but the member celebration is the special one.

A Navigator's balcony is solid part way up and more enclosed than a regular balcony. There are lots of photos on the web if you google "Disney Dream Navigator Balcony."

Sorry, been a while since I had an 8 year old...but there will be fun!

We just left the Dream yesterday and celebrated DD's 8th birthday while on board. Be sure to note birthday celebration on your reservation. She'll get a special birthday button and the characters and crew will all make a huge deal over it when she wears it. DD spent most of her time in the kids club - she even chose the club over watching the shows with us. Bring a jacket or sweater if you plan to go to the movie theater on board - it is VERY cold in there! Smallest lines for the aquaduck happened while the ship was at Castaway Cay. Kids kept getting stuck in there, so the line frequently stalled. Not many people got off the ship in Nassau, so Don't be surprised if the ship is still packed that day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Dream is much larger so expect more walking :D. The Aqua Duck is a lot of fun for all ages. We didn't have people getting stuck on the ride during our cruise so the lines went fairly quickly. Best time to ride it is 5 to midnight, no lines. The ship is pretty much deserted while ported at Castaway Cay, but I would not stay on board for anything - I adore Castaway Cay. The shows are great, with Believe being my family's personal favorite. The Dream is an absolutely gorgeous ship with exceptional service, have a great time!!! :)

Edited by Irene7

we just returned Sunday….awesome time AGAIN! We saw several kids getting stuck on the 'Duck', it seems when the load is light it has a tendency to get jammed in the turn (same place 3 times) and yes, as stated above dinner/show times tend to be the best time to ride it with little to no wait. We took our DD for her 8th as well, she loved the theater shows, the detective agency and the arrrr-cade. Pirate night is more fun if you prepare and dress for it, it doesn't take much. I think you will enjoy the bigger ship, I have been on other small ships and large ships and really don't notice the crowds….the bigger the ship the more space to roam.

Hello, we leave on Sun, Feb 9th on the Dream. 1st time cruisers and soooo excited. We have a 5 and 3 yr old and have not told them about the cruise yet. Planning to pull up to port and surprise them. Just a couple of questions for those who just returned. How was the weather? Forecast looks to be high 60's to low 80's. Was the water warm enough to enjoy? What movies are playing? Would love to hear suggestions about what not to miss for the kids! Also, not really sure what to anticipate as far as motion sickness. I don't anticipate any, but welcome feedback. Thanks!

Hello, we leave on Sun, Feb 9th on the Dream. 1st time cruisers and soooo excited. We have a 5 and 3 yr old and have not told them about the cruise yet. Planning to pull up to port and surprise them. Just a couple of questions for those who just returned. How was the weather? Forecast looks to be high 60's to low 80's. Was the water warm enough to enjoy? What movies are playing? Would love to hear suggestions about what not to miss for the kids! Also, not really sure what to anticipate as far as motion sickness. I don't anticipate any, but welcome feedback. Thanks!

Weather in The Bahamas was warm and sunny. When we left Port Canaveral on Jan. 30th, it was cold and rainy. Us Floridians were wearing jackets to block out the cold (high in the low 60s.)

The pools were heated and felt nice. The hot tubs were boiling hot. By evening, we didn't need jackets to be out on our balcony, although the rain continued during the first night.

The ocean water was a bit cold, but tolerable enough to wade in after some time in the sun. Even so, I never made it past my waist.

Movies were:

Saving Mr. Banks

Frozen (3D)

Thor

Monsters University (I think)

There were a bunch of classics shown outdoors on the big screen, too: Aladdin, The Lion King, Snow White, etc. Plus Pixar shorts, Phineas and Ferb, and other Disney favorites.

The ship rocked a bit that first night, but nothing horrible. We moved so slowly to Castaway Cay the next night, the ship barely created a wake. The final night, we were really booking it back to PC, but barely felt any motion. None of the 8 adults or 7 children in our group felt sick at all.

Have a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Navigator verandahs on Dream/Fantasy are partially obstructed regular balconies. Due to the curvature of the steel on the hull where the cabins transition from balcony to oceanview, you will have some steel curving down over one side of your balcony. The amount of obstruction varies by deck. Look at a profile view of the ship and you should be able to pick out the cabins easily.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The Navigator verandahs on Dream/Fantasy are partially obstructed regular balconies. Due to the curvature of the steel on the hull where the cabins transition from balcony to oceanview, you will have some steel curving down over one side of your balcony. The amount of obstruction varies by deck. Look at a profile view of the ship and you should be able to pick out the cabins easily.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Very helpful info!