Possible new dining option for suite guests

Bababooey Land

we like this idea plus the idea of going to different restaurants at night if we choose.

to enhance the suite life on celebrity, it would be nice for suite guests who want beer, drinks etc delivered to their cabin with the premium drink package. This would be a great perk.

also would love to be able to dine in the cabin and order off any of the menu's...MDR plus specialty restaurants. that would be fabulous. :D:D

lastly, i would love it if suite guests could send in requests prior to sailing. Maybe a standardized list of items. For example, would love to be able to ask that the fridge be emptied and filled with beer, wine, perrier etc...especially if have the prem drink package. send in requests for canapes in afternoon prior to arriving...that would be nice too.

we have sailed in SS and recently had our first CS and LOVED IT!!! :D

I agree with your desired perks! We do travel in suites and will be in one on our first celebrity cruise in March. I would love to be able to enjoy our drink package in our stateroom, I actually don't think it should be an issue in any of the staterooms, providing everyone has the same package. We are MDR people. We enjoy establishing a relationship with the same servers, it makes the experience more personal. We usually travel in a group and the staterooms vary, so even with the one free dinner at a specialty restaurant, we wouldn't use it since everyone else would have to pay for it. I have to say, I do love the perks that come with a suite, although, I find that celebrity's written perks are not equal to other lines (laundry, Internet etc). Apparently they are given out at the discretion of the concierge team on a cruise by cruise, ship by ship basis.

So they are going to take away a restaurant (Bistro on five) that is available to everyone and give it to just suite guests? Somehow I think the non-suite guests aren't coming out ahead in that deal. I already feel cheated that us Untouchables cannot go to Blu.

You can go to Blu just book aqua class

I am a foodie who loves fine dining. If there is an option that I can pay for that will get me a more unique/special dining experience then I will pay. I have many friends who are more than happy to eat at buffets and have no interest in dining. If the cruiseline can accommodate them with lower cabin fares and allow me to book a different cabin at a higher price so that I can up my dining, I think it's a win win. Nothing to do with class. It's just a way for people to get what they want and others to not have to pay for what they don't want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am a foodie who loves fine dining. If there is an option that I can pay for that will get me a more unique/special dining experience then I will pay. I have many friends who are more than happy to eat at buffets and have no interest in dining. If the cruiseline can accommodate them with lower cabin fares and allow me to book a different cabin at a higher price so that I can up my dining, I think it's a win win. Nothing to do with class. It's just a way for people to get what they want and others to not have to pay for what they don't want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well said!!

If you want to cut out your perceived "class" system stuff that will means

no more priority embarkation.

no more priority tender tickets.

no more priority restaurant reservations.

no more reserved areas in the theatres.

no more jumping the queue on select dining

But don't you see? People say they don't like the class system when someone else gets something they don't (a separate restaurant to eat in, for example). But when they themselves get something that someone else doesn't (priority embarkation, for example), well that isn't a cast system, that's just "me getting what I deserve or am entitled to." :D

Everyone has the option of choosing whatever cabin they want and receiving the benefits associated with that cabin. It seems as if everyone wants to pay the lowest possible cost but receive the highest level of benefits.

True. And frankly I don't have much patience for the "you can't take something away from everyone and give it just a select few" argument. Ex. If Bistro on 5 becomes a suite-only restaurant. It's ONE venue, people (and one that is highly underutilized anyway); get over it. Oh wait- then someone will say "it's just one now, but what if they take another and another..." Answer: Cruise lines have been evolving for years and they will continue to do so so meet the changing demands of their clientele. If you don't like the new changes, find a different cruise line.

I like the idea. We travel in AQU and BLU has become crowded with waits, I assume because of the Suite guess trying to get in. I never understood why the private dining venue was not for Suite guests, but it has worked for us.

They will have new issues with family members wanting to dine together (Suite guests with teenage children in Insides, etc).

I hope they make the crepes available somewhere else.

I received the survey, but have not filled it out yet. We haven't been back in a Suite since the start of AQU since we wanted to dine in BLU.

Edited by Jade13

I don't consider it a "class system". I think of it as "you get what you pay for". As with most things in life.

True. Pay more, either in up front cost or in frequency, and you get more. Suite perks are really just a "free gift with purchase." (Buy a more expensive cabin, get these extras included.) Captain's Club perks are essentially just a fancy punch card, like a sandwich shop that gives you a card to "buy 5, get the 6th one free." (Buy X number of cruises, get these extra perks free)

Perhaps just enlarge BLU and call it a day rather than create a separate new space.

But then the Aqua class guests wouldn't feel special anymore. :D

I have really mixed feelings about some of these suggestions. I think the one about giving suite guests a separate breakfast and lunch option is a great perk without charging them extra, and without taking away anything from the rest of the crowd. I am not sold on the free anywhere specialty restaurant dining. I think it will drive the suites prices up, but more importantly (to those of us who can't usually afford suites anyway:)), it will be harder and harder to get decent reservations at the restaurants. A couple cruises ago we bought the 5 day package and had one heck of a time trying to find a dining time after 6:00 but before 9:00. I can only imagine what would happen if they opened these restaurants up for 'free' to all the suite guests!

I also go back and forth on the 'class system' thing. I am older, so I remember back in the day one of my favorite things about cruising was that it didn't matter what you paid or what room you were in - you got to eat the same food, go to the same shows and sit where you wanted, etc.. It was a real kick to be treated this way. Then as the years went by there were more and more 'for a price' options. On the one hand, a good idea as you could cruise more cheaply if you didn't partake of the options. On the other hand, a bad idea if you couldn't afford these options as now you felt you were missing out on something (and as far as real estate available for use to the good of all the public, you definitely were, if nothing else). Look at the ruckus the word 'elite' has on these boards for goodness sake. You just mention it in a post and even if it is relevant someone will surely call you entitled or worse. That tells me people do care about these things.

At the end of the day, it is all about the bottom line - no different from any other business. But sometimes I wonder about where Celebrity is going with all of this. They seem to be trying to be more and more exclusive and appeal to those with bigger bucks, but at the same time there is a drop in overall service and quality for the masses (not a huge one, but noticeable). It is almost like they are trying to be all things for all people (ok, for all people middle class and up). A tricky marketing approach to pull off I think.

Phoenix_Dream

You said so many things I was thinking in reading this thread

I do appreciate that Suite guests pay more and should get more but not at the expense if other guests

On Constellation last week it was Impossible to get more than 1 reservation at Tuscan grille

Now I'm concerned that our new venture into aqua class Blu will be crowded

On past cruise while DH was Relaxing (read sleeping I was reading in the Sky Observation lounge on Equinox we were told to vacate by Captains club hostess in not very nice way to make way for an elite party. I'm select about to get to that tier but like the prospect for the free internet don't want to be kicking anyone out of a chair

I too remember when there were no roped off areas of the theater etc and liked it that way. Hope celebrity can come up with a more direct way to "appreciate" suite guests bit not "depreciate" the rest of us

Would hate to lose Bistro on 5

Phoenix_Dream

I do appreciate that Suite guests pay more and should get more but not at the expense if other guests

On Constellation last week it was Impossible to get more than 1 reservation at Tuscan grille

I was in a Royal Suite on the Jan 20 sailing, and couldn't get into Tuscan the last 2 nights at all.

So I never went.

cle-guy

I guess the specialties can't accommodate everyone that wants them. Maybe the space is too small on m class? Was unexpected since I have heard about so many deals to fill them

I was in concierge so supposedly had priority reservations but didn't realize that until I was home discarding papers

As suite passenger what do you think would be a good perk for suites?

Phoenix_Dream

You said so many things I was thinking in reading this thread

Now I'm concerned that our new venture into aqua class Blu will be crowded

On past cruise while DH was Relaxing (read sleeping I was reading in the Sky Observation lounge on Equinox we were told to vacate by Captains club hostess in not very nice way to make way for an elite party. I'm select about to get to that tier but like the prospect for the free internet don't want to be kicking anyone out of a chair

I too remember when there were no roped off areas of the theater etc and liked it that way. Hope celebrity can come up with a more direct way to "appreciate" suite guests bit not "depreciate" the rest of us

Would hate to lose Bistro on 5

Very well said!

I don't think we can have it both ways. Either we all pay more or they have to do something to continue to attract higher paying suite passengers. If you pay $499 for the week, it doesn't make sense that you should have the same experience as someone paying $2500 for the same week.

I've never stayed in a suite on Celebrity and I doubt I ever will. But, if I was paying the premium price, a larger cabin would not make it worthwhile.

cle-guy

I guess the specialties can't accommodate everyone that wants them. Maybe the space is too small on m class? Was unexpected since I have heard about so many deals to fill them

I was in concierge so supposedly had priority reservations but didn't realize that until I was home discarding papers

As suite passenger what do you think would be a good perk for suites?

They offered discounts 1st couple nights, last few nights were just full. No biggie, eaten at Tuscan 2 times before.

I'm basically fine with suite perks as-is. I would like them to add a pre cruise suite concierge to handle details prior to arrival, like RCI does.

As I noted above higher, I say let suite guests pay $25 for BLU as a perk if they want to go. Also think to take the select side of MDR area on M class and make it a suite dining room like they added BLU to M class for dinners or suite guests. this leaves Bistro in place as well. Also think it's fine to let suite gusts have ultimate ding package as part of suite, and realize the cost of suite would certainly rise to cover it.

But i'd be happy with a simple pre-cruise concierge and none of this private dining room business.

They offered discounts 1st couple nights, last few nights were just full. No biggie, eaten at Tuscan 2 times before.

I'm basically fine with suite perks as-is. I would like them to add a pre cruise suite concierge to handle details prior to arrival, like RCI does.

As I noted above higher, I say let suite guests pay $25 for BLU as a perk if they want to go. Also think to take the select side of MDR area on M class and make it a suite dining room like they added BLU to M class for dinners or suite guests. this leaves Bistro in place as well. Also think it's fine to let suite gusts have ultimate ding package as part of suite, and realize the cost of suite would certainly rise to cover it.

But i'd be happy with a simple pre-cruise concierge and none of this private dining room business.

I like all of these suggestions! Great way to handle it without taking anything away! These perks would make a suite more attractive to us. And I could still get my Bistro fix to boot!

Maybe if they are concerned anout Bistro being under utilized they could alter the concept at night. The sandwich/ crepe concept is better suited to breakfast and lunch anyway. Maybe have a pizzeria at night. Or some other semi-casual concept.

I like the idea. We travel in AQU and BLU has become crowded with waits, I assume because of the Suite guess trying to get in. I never understood why the private dining venue was not for Suite guests, but it has worked for us.

They will have new issues with family members wanting to dine together (Suite guests with teenage children in Insides, etc).

I hope they make the crepes available somewhere else.

I received the survey, but have not filled it out yet. We haven't been back in a Suite since the start of AQU since we wanted to dine in BLU.

We have not received the questionnaire - which I guess is because we are in the UK. Any chance of letting me know who you had to return it to so that I can add my 2 cents, please?

I really dislike having to go to the buffet (too much like the school cafeteria). I was disappointed when Princess and Celebrity stopped having lunch in the MDR on port days. Many times, we would be back on the ship for lunch after an am excursion and really enjoyed the peace and quiet. NCL has a separate dining room for breakfast and lunch and it was the best suite perk!

Agreed.

They also had the Keurig style coffee makers in the suites (Lavazza) - awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've been in Suites a number of time and will be on my next cruise. I didn't not receieve the survey. I wonder why so many on this thread are talking about Bistro on 5. I did not find it mentioned in the OP's report of the survey.Guess it's fun to speculate, but speculation not based on facts is merely speculation. Let me play the speculation game. Michael's Club would be a possible venue for a new special restaurant. First, it's close to a galley. Second, it has been desiginated as a special venue for Zenith members and could easily serve a duel purpose. Third,a former GRM was recently on Reflection to check the facility and make suggestions for future use. Fourth, it would not cause the removal of any other revenue producing venue.

If and when a change is made it will be designed to enhance the bottomline.Celebrity,as other lines wants to attract high spenders. This is Business 101.

We were advised by the HD on the Equinox that they are doing away with Bistro on Five & that will become a dining room for Suite Guests.

I've been in Suites a number of time and will be on my next cruise. I didn't not receieve the survey. I wonder why so many on this thread are talking about Bistro on 5. I did not find it mentioned in the OP's report of the survey.Guess it's fun to speculate, but speculation not based on facts is merely speculation. Let me play the speculation game. Michael's Club would be a possible venue for a new special restaurant. First, it's close to a galley. Second, it has been desiginated as a special venue for Zenith members and could easily serve a duel purpose. Third,a former GRM was recently on Reflection to check the facility and make suggestions for future use. Fourth, it would not cause the removal of any other revenue producing venue.

If and when a change is made it will be designed to enhance the bottomline.Celebrity,as other lines wants to attract high spenders. This is Business 101.

A poster right after the OP stated this was the scuttlebutt from the HD on a recent Equinox cruise.

I hope they change their mind, about taking Bistro away at least. Another option - why not allow suite guests to dine in Blu AND specialties at no charge. That would take some pressure off increased suite guests in Blu or in the specialties since they'd have both options to chose from and not just one or the other.

A poster right after the OP stated this was the scuttlebutt from the HD on a recent Equinox cruise.

I hope they change their mind, about taking Bistro away at least. Another option - why not allow suite guests to dine in Blu AND specialties at no charge. That would take some pressure off increased suite guests in Blu or in the specialties since they'd have both options to chose from and not just one or the other.

Guess I missed that post. I learned a ling time ago not to believe what staff tell me.They are usually the last to know. When they do know of a planned change they are instructed not to talk about it. Several disadvantages in changing Bistro on 5 to a Suite only restaurant. First, the galley is too small and not equipted for a full servive resturant and would require major expansion. The seating capacity is very limited. Privacy would require the addition of a wall which would close in the area. Of course designers could work wonders at a cost. Only 2 ships have The Porch, so Bistro is the only specialty choice for lunch. I've noticed that Bistro appears to be gaining popularity. Finally, Senior Officers love the place. Guess we'll just have to wait to see if anything happens. Until then just some fun speculation.