Bar Hop stops reviews

Sir_Randy

We are doing the Bar Hop in a few weeks, and am looking for real life reviews/opinions of each stop, ie: drinks, food, view, etc?

Punta Morena:

Coconuts:

Playa Bonita: I heard the Margarita is huge and to share, also saw a pic of a whole fish platter that looked pretty interesting.

Rastas:

Thanks!

We did this 2 years ago. Not one complaint, don't have any specifics other then we really enjoyed each stop. Bought drinks at 2 stops. Actually one was huge we did share it, don't remember what it was but it was pretty and delicious. Scenery was gorgeous. You can't not enjoy this!!!!

Hopefully someone can be more specific on there reviews.

We are doing the Bar Hop in a few weeks, and am looking for real life reviews/opinions of each stop, ie: drinks, food, view, etc?

Punta Morena:This is a Beach Club with activities and swimming pool although it wasn't filled with water when I was there. Plenty of room to find a quiet spot, or join in the fun. Website which will have more details http://www.puntamorena.com.mx/

Coconuts:Bar situated on top of cliff with good views.

Playa Bonita: I heard the Margarita is huge and to share, also saw a pic of a whole fish platter that looked pretty interesting.

The margaritas are huge although you can buy normal individual ones if sharing isn't your thing! Of the four stops I personally find this one the least interesting. Mostly just a restaurant/bar overlooking the ocean - nice if you can get an oceanside table. I believe you can go down on the beach, which I keep meaning to do, although it is supposed to be much smaller than years ago due to erosion.

Rastas: Rastas is a much more laid-back casual "Bob Marley" beach bar with tables and chairs on the beach, or in the bar. Also another bar across the road at this location. We enjoy this rustic location. I understand the coconut shrimp are highly recommended but we haven't eaten there.

Thanks!

Hope this helps.

We did this 2 years ago and it was great. It was not booked through the cruiseline. I don't believe they ever offer it - but I'm not positive about that. Cozumel Bar Hop dot com.

We were advised to pace ourselves (both with alcohol and food) - especially if we wanted coconut shrimp at Rastas (which was our last stop).kDw1-ORMWdA_1gannOm-v3UVRXFPJfF4ES4bJ-i8-Q=w311-h207-p-no

Here's our friend's drink at Playa Bonita. She was sharing with her husband :D5977190115317748770?banner=pwa&authkey=CLzlqMPgs4volAE&pid=5977190115317748770&oid=110537863261543358275

5977190115317748770?banner=pwa&authkey=CLzlqMPgs4volAE&pid=5977190115317748770&oid=110537863261543358275mC6nVqj1XIsVuc6zzPB1B3TclJIQnvZiCiO8UlD6GA=w276-h207-p-no

Coconuts and Rastas were our favorite of the 4 but all were great. Keep in mind you do need to take cash. There's no charge card machines due to electricity - or lack there of!

We're hopping again in a couple of months :D

Punta Morena:

Coconuts:

Rastas:

Thanks!

Punta Morena: Nicest Beach. Little pool. It was the first stop so we just had a drink, no food. We wandered out to the little beach bar and sat on the swings.

Coconuts: Quirky and fun. Some animals around and a cool little hike up the hill to get there. Signs and T-shirts with fun sayings hanging everywhere. Food was OK. We just had a plate of chips, salsa and guac, along with a couple of nice cold beers. The views and breeze here were nice as well.

Playa Bonita: GREAT food. We had the snapper plate, seafood ceviche and the huge margarita! (Not all the drinks are that big, you have to order it special). Facilities were OK, but the food was awesome. Water comes right up to the deck here.

Rasta: Loved this place. The beach here was nice and although we didn't get any food here, everything we saw coming out looked great. We liked the set-up and atmosphere here the best. If I had to choose one to hang out at for the day, this would be the place.

Punta Morena: Nicest Beach. Little pool. It was the first stop so we just had a drink, no food. We wandered out to the little beach bar and sat on the swings.

Coconuts: Quirky and fun. Some animals around and a cool little hike up the hill to get there. Signs and T-shirts with fun sayings hanging everywhere. Food was OK. We just had a plate of chips, salsa and guac, along with a couple of nice cold beers. The views and breeze here were nice as well.

Playa Bonita: GREAT food. We had the snapper plate, seafood ceviche and the huge margarita! (Not all the drinks are that big, you have to order it special). Facilities were OK, but the food was awesome. Water comes right up to the deck here.

Rasta: Loved this place. The beach here was nice and although we didn't get any food here, everything we saw coming out looked great. We liked the set-up and atmosphere here the best. If I had to choose one to hang out at for the day, this would be the place.

Agreed.

I've done the bar hop 4 times and had a different experience each time. I was drinking wate by the 3rd bar--those drinks are amazingly strong! Ask to see the "special menu" at Coconuts if you get a chance, mainly for the guys, it's all pictures of previous guests...

Punta Morena used to be a bit dumpy but they've done a lot of work to it. Beautiful beach!

Say hi to your guide for me, I'll be back soon! Carol from Tampa area says hi!

Getting ready to do my 5th hop in 3 weeks!! I loved this tour not only for its hospitality and fun but the views area amazing.

Punta Morena: beautiful beach, fun atmosphere and nice beach area.

Coconuts: wonderful views, awesome guacamole and chips, cool atmosphere

Bonita: the best HUGE margaritas :D

Rastas: My fav!! Really laid back, hammocks, shrimp tacos and coconut shrimp are to die for! Love the Iguana drink and shot :p

You can not go wrong with this tour and the guides are super friendly and English speaking!!

Unfortunately, the Bar Hop is all booked up by time I got around to putting our reservations in for our upcoming cruise (leaving this Sunday from NOLA). Can any recommend an alternative that would give us a similar experience - the "other side" of the island, with some scenic / relaxing stops along the way? I see there are a few tour providers out there - not sure which ones are good/bad, and which might be able to give us something similar to the Bar Hop - we are really bummed that we're missing out on this.

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, the Bar Hop is all booked up by time I got around to putting our reservations in for our upcoming cruise (leaving this Sunday from NOLA). Can any recommend an alternative that would give us a similar experience - the "other side" of the island, with some scenic / relaxing stops along the way? I see there are a few tour providers out there - not sure which ones are good/bad, and which might be able to give us something similar to the Bar Hop - we are really bummed that we're missing out on this.

Thanks in advance!

Your best bet is to get a private driver for a couple of hours and have them take you over to the other side and hit all the same spots....and maybe a few more! Will probably cost about the same, and while you don't get the comeraderie or the free drink at each spot, at least you get to go there!

If we do decode to go the private driver route, any recommendations on who to book with and about what it should cost? We are down to crunch time here, with less than a week until we cruise, so I need to try to settle on something quickly! Thanks for any suggestions...

Your best bet is to get a private driver for a couple of hours and have them take you over to the other side and hit all the same spots....and maybe a few more! Will probably cost about the same, and while you don't get the comeraderie or the free drink at each spot, at least you get to go there!

I agree!

If we do decode to go the private driver route, any recommendations on who to book with and about what it should cost? We are down to crunch time here, with less than a week until we cruise, so I need to try to settle on something quickly! Thanks for any suggestions...

We have hired a private driver several times and done the Bar Hop. Both have advantages and disadvantages, but I agree exactly with Mrsfuzzmo, above.

We have always used ToursPlaza and had excellent service.

http://www.toursplaza.com/eng/hiring-driver.cfm

Cost of the tour on a Car for up to 4 persons is usd$107.00 for the first 3 hours tour + usd$25.00 for each additional hour.

Cost of the tour on a Van for up to 9 persons is usd$195.00 for the first 3 hours tour + usd$40.00 for each additional hour, these prices are per vehicle not per person.

For two people the cost is about the same, without the "free" shots and comeraderie. Advantages are you are entirely in control of your schedule - where and when you stop and for how long - additional photo stops if you want.

You can always pick up a taxi at the pier if you know where you want to go:

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Taxipuertamaya?From=Transonczm

We'll have two 15 year olds, is this tour fine to go on with them? how is the atmosphere there, nothing to crazy and really drunk people there?

I think Tom has a policy of only booking over 18 year olds for this tour. You would be best to email directly and check.

We'll have two 15 year olds, is this tour fine to go on with them? how is the atmosphere there, nothing to crazy and really drunk people there?

Well, there was a bar where ladies could earn a free shot of tequila for a quick flash, and there were plenty women getting their drink. And as mentioned earlier Coconuts has some interesting picture books, kind of like a female anatomy lesson.

We are going on the Bar Hop in about a month. My wife uses a wheelchair but does walk short distances with crutches. Do any of you see any problems for her on the tour? We could even carry her short distances if needed. She is pretty small. 4'6"

From what I've heard, Coconuts is at the top of a fairly tall staircase. If they are wheelchair accessible in some way, no one has ever mentioned it. I'll be on the Bar Hop March 7th, so if nobody else replies I'll try to come back and let you know what I find out.

Calmpets, unfortunately the Bar Hop is not accessible at all. We went in 2012, before I had both my knees replaced, so I wasn't able to walk very well or do steps, had to be helped on and off the bus (a steep last step!) and all the bars had steps to climb, especially the one with lots of stone steps. It was quite a climb. Inside the bars, some are on different levels, too. As I was having so much trouble then, I was very conscious of accessibility.

Calmpets, unfortunately the Bar Hop is not accessible at all. We went in 2012, before I had both my knees replaced, so I wasn't able to walk very well or do steps, had to be helped on and off the bus (a steep last step!) and all the bars had steps to climb, especially the one with lots of stone steps. It was quite a climb. Inside the bars, some are on different levels, too. As I was having so much trouble then, I was very conscious of accessibility.

No worries for me - I was just going to check for the other poster. I'm sure they will be grateful for some first-hand feedback.

We did this 2 years ago and it was great. It was not booked through the cruiseline. I don't believe they ever offer it - but I'm not positive about that. Cozumel Bar Hop dot com.

We were advised to pace ourselves (both with alcohol and food) - especially if we wanted coconut shrimp at Rastas (which was our last stop).kDw1-ORMWdA_1gannOm-v3UVRXFPJfF4ES4bJ-i8-Q=w311-h207-p-no

Here's our friend's drink at Playa Bonita. She was sharing with her husband :D5977190115317748770?banner=pwa&authkey=CLzlqMPgs4volAE&pid=5977190115317748770&oid=110537863261543358275

5977190115317748770?banner=pwa&authkey=CLzlqMPgs4volAE&pid=5977190115317748770&oid=110537863261543358275mC6nVqj1XIsVuc6zzPB1B3TclJIQnvZiCiO8UlD6GA=w276-h207-p-no

Coconuts and Rastas were our favorite of the 4 but all were great. Keep in mind you do need to take cash. There's no charge card machines due to electricity - or lack there of!

We're hopping again in a couple of months :D

How much did that huge margarita cost? I'm thinking of getting one to drink of course but especially for the photo op!