Bar Hop stops reviews

Sir_Randy

Unfortunately, the Bar Hop is all booked up by time I got around to putting our reservations in for our upcoming cruise (leaving this Sunday from NOLA). Can any recommend an alternative that would give us a similar experience - the "other side" of the island, with some scenic / relaxing stops along the way? I see there are a few tour providers out there - not sure which ones are good/bad, and which might be able to give us something similar to the Bar Hop - we are really bummed that we're missing out on this.

Thanks in advance!

We have rented jeeps and done our own bar hop/island tour around the island several times. You can pick out your own stops, bring your own snorkel gear, and cruise at your own leisure.

We've just returned from the Bar Hop, so ask away if you have any specific questions. The drinks weren't necessarily inexpensive, although they were very good and quite strong! My wife and I especially enjoyed the Margaritas at both stops 2 & 3 - and they were huge!

We've just returned from the Bar Hop, so ask away if you have any specific questions. The drinks weren't necessarily inexpensive, although they were very good and quite strong! My wife and I especially enjoyed the Margaritas at both stops 2 & 3 - and they were huge!

Okay you asked so here are some questions that I have or that I think someone else might wonder as they come across this thread...

How far in advance did you book before your cruise? (I was going to book a couple of weeks ago as we are going to be there May 8th but they did not have anyone else even booked yet)

Once you booked did they send you a confirmation right away with all the details?

(I assume they know when you're coming so the free shot/drink is pre-made and waiting so there is not everyone waiting for a drink at once)

Can you subsitute say a beer if you don't like the free offering?

Did you feel like you had plenty of time at each stop?

Did you have a favorite stop or highlight of the hop?

Everyone I have spoken to seems to agree this is something they would do again, would you?

How many people did you end up with on your hop and what was the average age range?

okay you asked so here are some questions that i have or that i think someone else might wonder as they come across this thread...

How far in advance did you book before your cruise? (i was going to book a couple of weeks ago as we are going to be there may 8th but they did not have anyone else even booked yet)2 weeks

once you booked did they send you a confirmation right away with all the details? In a few days.

(i assume they know when you're coming so the free shot/drink is pre-made and waiting so there is not everyone waiting for a drink at once)

can you subsitute say a beer if you don't like the free offering? Nobody asked. They are in business to sell drinks. I think to trade off a 1 ounce drink for a 12 ounce beer would be like shooting yourself in the foot. The drink is a small plastic shot glass type drink. All the drinks were good.

Did you feel like you had plenty of time at each stop? A little over an hour. Just right.

Did you have a favorite stop or highlight of the hop? Liked them all for different reasons.

Everyone i have spoken to seems to agree this is something they would do again, would you? Yes... 3 main reasons..1- to get away from the pushy cozumel vendors. 2- 18 years old and over gives you a break from children. 3- to see the beauty of the island.

How many people did you end up with on your hop and what was the average age range?

12- 21-60+

Okay you asked so here are some questions that I have or that I think someone else might wonder as they come across this thread...

How far in advance did you book before your cruise? (I was going to book a couple of weeks ago as we are going to be there May 8th but they did not have anyone else even booked yet)

Once you booked did they send you a confirmation right away with all the details?

(I assume they know when you're coming so the free shot/drink is pre-made and waiting so there is not everyone waiting for a drink at once)

Can you subsitute say a beer if you don't like the free offering?

Did you feel like you had plenty of time at each stop?

Did you have a favorite stop or highlight of the hop?

Everyone I have spoken to seems to agree this is something they would do again, would you?

I'll answer a few that I can...

We booked about 2 months out. We were the only ones booked, but by the time we got there there were about 8 of us on the hop.

The whole booking/confirmation etc took a couple of days of back and forth e-mails. We didn't receive "actual" confirmation and "where to meet" information until the week prior to leaving for our trip.

As far as the free drink....no you cannot substitute. You sure can buy a beer, though. Your guide (ours was Colleen and she was awesome) would bring the free drinks around on a tray when they were made. At each stop she would give you the rundown....what's good to eat/drink, where the restrooms are, what you should look at, and how long you had at each bar. Then she'd go up to the bar and get the drink (which was a shot or a punch type of thing at each bar) then walk it around making sure everyone who wanted one had one. We usually purchased whatever we wanted to drink, ordered any food right away as soon as we got into the bar, then sat and relaxed. The free drinks came a few minutes later.

We had about 50 minutes at each place, some a little bit longer. It was plenty of time and I appreciated how they kept us on schedule so that we did get to see all four places plus a stop at another beach as well.

My favorite was Rasta (Bob Marley) Bar. Don't know if it's because they had a topless beach area where you could take some fun pics, or if it was the food or drink, but I mostly think it was because after the first three bars everyone had become friends and has loosened up and was having a blast.

12- 21-60+

I'll answer a few that I can...

My favorite was Rasta (Bob Marley) Bar. Don't know if it's because they had a topless beach area where you could take some fun pics, or if it was the food or drink, but I mostly think it was because after the first three bars everyone had become friends and has loosened up and was having a blast.

Thanks!!! I am sure after a few shots and some drinks there are some interesting pics, lol.

that's Senior Iguanas on the East Side. Been there twice now. Authentic Mexican food. Clothing optional beach as well. If you do the East Side don't miss the observation tower (costs $12 to get into it and for the public beach). Punta Sur. Don't make the mistake we did and go there on a weekend day. Their version of the YMCA brought busses of kids. We had just unpacked, reserved our hammocks and then left when the music was too overwhelming.

Depending on the weather there is an actual lighthouse which I still haven't managed to see.

• 2 weeks later...

WE had a terrific time on the Bar HOp. There was about 11 of us on the hop. We loved the coconut shrimp at Rastas and the ceviche & MR Pineapple head drink at Playa Bonita. The Mr Pineapple drink was quite a hit with everyone in my group. They all wanted to take pics with it. I think it cost about $17. It was very tasty too! We went on my husbands birthday & he wore a flashy birthday button. I would not advise doing that! Too many people bought him and I both shots of tequila. I think going on the Cozumel bar hop was his favorite birthday yet! It was so much fun!

We just hopped on 3/7/14, and also had a great time! My only complaint would be that Coconuts was way too crowded when we were there, so the majority of my group of thirty had to stand around instead of being able to get tables or barstools. It was a Friday around noon, which probably had something to do with how packed it was. Playa Bonita was my favorite, and had the best (and largest) margaritas.

We are thinking about booking the Bar Hop on our next Cruise. We will be on the Triumph and will be in Cozumel from 9 am to 4 pm. Has anybody done this excursion in this time frame? I was hoping to have a little shopping time before or after, is there time for that? I don't want to be one of those people that has to run for the ship at last moment. Thank you for your help.

We are thinking about booking the Bar Hop on our next Cruise. We will be on the Triumph and will be in Cozumel from 9 am to 4 pm. Has anybody done this excursion in this time frame? I was hoping to have a little shopping time before or after, is there time for that? I don't want to be one of those people that has to run for the ship at last moment. Thank you for your help.

Yes, there is time for shopping if you can still function afterwards. :D

The bus will drop you off at the pier which has a shopping area, or you can ask to be dropped off downtown. If you choose downtown you'll have to take a cab back to the pier. The Bar Hop people are very aware of your ships schedule and will keep their bus on schedule. Since you are not in Cozumel very long you might want to go straight to the pier to shop so you don't end up worrying about getting back in time. Plus, it helps you avoid the last minute "Running of the Drunks."

FYI - We loved the bar hop, and we're not kids. ;-) We would absolutely do it again.

On our April cruise, we've decided to hire a cab for the day and do our own version of the bar hop. I'll come back and post a review of it after I compare the two!

Edited by CavePearl
Clarification

FYI - We loved the bar hop, and we're not kids. ;-) We would absolutely do it again.

On our April cruise, we've decided to hire a cab for the day and do our own version of the bar hop. I'll come back and post a review of it after I compare the two!

We have also enjoyed the Bar Hop and done our own version - enjoyed both for different reasons.

In addition to regular Bar Hop stops be sure to try and stop at one of the two bars at Chen Rio which unfortunately only the kids hop stops at. Not the cheapest, but nice location on the east side. Also Andales is worth a brief stop, although bar is across the road from very rustic beach, no tables and chairs but "sit on the sand on your own" type beach. If you are doing a complete loop of the island, Playa Palancar and The Money Bar, highly recommended.

Lots of neat places to stop on Cozumel, too many for just one day!

Yes, there is time for shopping if you can still function afterwards. :D

The bus will drop you off at the pier which has a shopping area, or you can ask to be dropped off downtown. If you choose downtown you'll have to take a cab back to the pier. The Bar Hop people are very aware of your ships schedule and will keep their bus on schedule. Since you are not in Cozumel very long you might want to go straight to the pier to shop so you don't end up worrying about getting back in time. Plus, it helps you avoid the last minute "Running of the Drunks."

Thank you so much for info. Were not that young anymore either and thankfully drinking is not my main agenda, I just really want to see the Wild Side. We are also looking at other options like getting a taxi or hiring a driver for the day. I don't run, drunk or otherwise :D

Our Celebrity Silhouette Western Caribbean cruise took us to Cozumel on Tuesday March 11, 2014. We did the Bar Hop which was a blast! Highly recommended! I don’t believe this is offered through the cruise ship excursions. Won’t go into too much detail since there is a really good thread on this “Bar Hop stops reviews” but I will share a few pics which speak for themselves.

Basically 4 wonderful beach bars where you get to spend an hour at each one. Bus ride to the first location Punta Morena was about 45 minutes or so from downtown. From Punta Morena the three remaining stops were no more than 10 minutes apart. Punta Morena amazing beach! Coconuts pretty much my favorite. Great atmosphere and even better margarita’s. Enjoyed a huge margarita and tastey lunch at Playa Bonita. Last stop was Rastas. Amazing views from all locations. Our guide was wonderful!

Arrival:

yy0x.jpg

Punta Morena:

3k5d.jpg

2lrc.jpg

pdqj.jpg

8yso.jpg

l9i9.jpg

Our Celebrity Silhouette Western Caribbean cruise took us to Cozumel on Tuesday March 11, 2014. We did the Bar Hop which was a blast! Highly recommended! I don’t believe this is offered through the cruise ship excursions. Won’t go into too much detail since there is a really good thread on this “Bar Hop stops reviews” but I will share a few pics which speak for themselves.

Basically 4 wonderful beach bars where you get to spend an hour at each one. Bus ride to the first location Punta Morena was about 45 minutes or so from downtown. From Punta Morena the three remaining stops were no more than 10 minutes apart. Punta Morena amazing beach! Coconuts pretty much my favorite. Great atmosphere and even better margarita’s. Enjoyed a huge margarita and tastey lunch at Playa Bonita. Last stop was Rastas. Amazing views from all locations. Our guide was wonderful!

DanAnna thanks for sharing pictures from your recent bar hop!!

We are going to be in Cozumel on May 8th and are hoping to do this bar hop. When I checked a few weeks ago there was not enough people booked for that day as of yet. I think I am going to send another email and check to see if they have enough yet.

We are going to be in Cozumel on May 8th and are hoping to do this bar hop. When I checked a few weeks ago there was not enough people booked for that day as of yet. I think I am going to send another email and check to see if they have enough yet.

Hope it all works out. We had a blast! And that side of the island is so beautiful.

Dan

Don't worry...they will likely get enough people booked. Same situation for us, and everything worked out.

Sent from my mobile device. Typos are inevitable.

I did already book for May 8th and didn't want to bother Tom again so please let me know if he tells you more people have signed up :)

Thank you!