Bar Hop stops reviews

Sir_Randy

Do any of the bar stops offer free wi fi?

Thank goodness, no. Heck they don't have electric lines, water lines or plumbing either. Mater of fact that side of the island only has very limited cell phone service.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

:D

Thank goodness, no. Heck they don't have electric lines, water lines or plumbing either. Mater of fact that side of the island only has very limited cell phone service.

Agreed :)

Sent from my phone. Typos are inevitable.

• 2 months later...
No, they don't. You have to meet them at the Senor Frog's downtown, according to their FAQs: http://www.cozumelbarhop.com/faq.aspx

On the return trip they will drop you off at your pier since the route they take passes all three on the way to downtown. Saves a few $ on taxi fare from downtown if you're docked at Puerta maya or the International Pier.

coco2_zpsqzsaddo3.jpg

Here is a menu and some pics from Coconuts last week. This was my favorite place by far....

Prices in Pesos... I think it is cash only. No Wifi there... some interesting placards AND animals. birds. crocodile etc...

coco1_zps0lmfrznq.jpg

Coco3_zps00r4jdul.jpg

coco4_zpsps4rvvbs.jpg

We just got back from our cruise yesterday and did the Bar Hop Tour last week. This was our 17th cruise (5th time in Cozumel) and my wife and I both agreed that this was one of the best excursions we have ever done anywhere. It was a total blast. They handled everything exactly as they said they would from booking to drop off at the pier. Colleen was also wonderful!

I will say the only variable is your fellow tour guests. We didn't know any of the other 8 people in our before the tour started but we left as best friends.

I highly recommend this tour and we will definitely be taking this tour on our next trip back to Cozumel. I would be happy to answer any specific questions.

Steve

Well worth the money. Lots of fun. I had one additional drink, plus my 10 am drink on Senor Frogs before the tour started. That was plenty. Caroline was a great guide. If you want to go in the water do it on the FIRST STOP. The rest of the beaches were too rocky.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did our bar hop last week and got my "Fo-Ho" shirt, pin and a beer koozie! It hadn't rain in Cozumel for 300 days straight until the day we arrive. No worries, we still had a great time, met some fabulous new friends and Marshall was a wonderful guide & Carlos rocks as our driver.

• 3 weeks later...

In addition to regular Bar Hop stops be sure to try and stop at one of the two bars at Chen Rio which unfortunately only the kids hop stops at. Not the cheapest, but nice location on the east side. Also Andales is worth a brief stop, although bar is across the road from very rustic beach, no tables and chairs but "sit on the sand on your own" type beach. If you are doing a complete loop of the island, Playa Palancar and The Money Bar, highly recommended.

Lots of neat places to stop on Cozumel, too many for just one day!

Someone may have asked this, but I'm just starting my journey through all 10 pages of this thread. :)

How long would it take to go for an entire loop around the island bar hopping?

My 35th high school reunion is going to be on the Elation and we'll be in Cozumel on Feb. 13, 2016. I think we're only in port for 8 hours (got to double check that - just going from memory right now.)

Thanks for the help!

Someone may have asked this, but I'm just starting my journey through all 10 pages of this thread. :)

How long would it take to go for an entire loop around the island bar hopping?

My 35th high school reunion is going to be on the Elation and we'll be in Cozumel on Feb. 13, 2016. I think we're only in port for 8 hours (got to double check that - just going from memory right now.)

Thanks for the help!

IIRC, it was about five hours (maybe a bit more) to do the loop around the island and stop at the four bars featured on the tour. Time at each bar was roughly an hour. We had people from three different ships on our tour and everyone made it back with plenty of time to spare. On the return part of the loop they'll drop you off right at your pier as they have to pass all three on the way back to the starting point downtown.

IIRC, it was about five hours (maybe a bit more) to do the loop around the island and stop at the four bars featured on the tour. Time at each bar was roughly an hour. We had people from three different ships on our tour and everyone made it back with plenty of time to spare. On the return part of the loop they'll drop you off right at your pier as they have to pass all three on the way back to the starting point downtown.

Thanks, but we're thinking about doing our own thing and possibly adding additional bars that someone else mentioned in a post (Chen Rio, Andales, Playa Palancar & Monkey Bar). Not sure what she meant by "a complete loop of the island" or how long that would take.

We won't get the free drinks or have the same camaraderie as on the Bar Hop, but with a group of high school friends and their spouses the camaraderie will surely be just as fun!

Thanks, but we're thinking about doing our own thing and possibly adding additional bars that someone else mentioned in a post (Chen Rio, Andales, Playa Palancar & Monkey Bar). Not sure what she meant by "a complete loop of the island" or how long that would take.

We won't get the free drinks or have the same camaraderie as on the Bar Hop, but with a group of high school friends and their spouses the camaraderie will surely be just as fun!

I probably wrote the post mentioning the other bars. Hopefully the following map will show you the road to follow that "loops" around the island.

http://www.cozumelvillas.com/divemap.html

The map also shows the location of popular bars:

Mezcalitos, Punta Morena, Coconuts, Chen Rio, (Andale, not shown and now closed I believe - don't know if it has re-opened under new name again), Playa Bonita, Rasta's, Palancar, Alberto's. Money Bar is mentioned in writing at the side - it is up near Chankanaab.

You probably need to allow at least 2 hours driving time. The bar hop is 4 1/2 - 5 hours with 4 stops of about 45 minutes and follows the same route. You do the math - the time will increase with more stops, getting in and out, and more people. The bars on the east side have no electricity ( cash only) and close at dusk. The bars on the west side will have good sunset views, if you are there at that time.

I probably wrote the post mentioning the other bars. Hopefully the following map will show you the road to follow that "loops" around the island.

http://www.cozumelvillas.com/divemap.html

The map also shows the location of popular bars:

Mezcalitos, Punta Morena, Coconuts, Chen Rio, (Andale, not shown and now closed I believe - don't know if it has re-opened under new name again), Playa Bonita, Rasta's, Palancar, Alberto's. Money Bar is mentioned in writing at the side - it is up near Chankanaab.

You probably need to allow at least 2 hours driving time. The bar hop is 4 1/2 - 5 hours with 4 stops of about 45 minutes and follows the same route. You do the math - the time will increase with more stops, getting in and out, and more people. The bars on the east side have no electricity ( cash only) and close at dusk. The bars on the west side will have good sunset views, if you are there at that time.

Thanks c-legs. This is just what I needed. I think we'll have to skip the bars on the west side and just stick with 3 or 4 on the east side (plus the tequila tour and tasting in town). We have decided that we are going to hire a driver and have him/her take us to these spots. Right now it's just 4 of us, but I'm sure there will be more that want to join us as we get closer to sailing. We're only in Cozumel from 9-4 and since we have to be back on board at 3:30, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time without cutting it really close (plus I want to be on board to watch the pier runners - that will be a first for me! :))

Thanks c-legs. This is just what I needed. I think we'll have to skip the bars on the west side and just stick with 3 or 4 on the east side (plus the tequila tour and tasting in town). We have decided that we are going to hire a driver and have him/her take us to these spots. Right now it's just 4 of us, but I'm sure there will be more that want to join us as we get closer to sailing. We're only in Cozumel from 9-4 and since we have to be back on board at 3:30, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time without cutting it really close (plus I want to be on board to watch the pier runners - that will be a first for me! :))

Glad to help. We enjoy touring round the island and have been round several times. We have enjoyed tours both with a private driver (we use ToursPlaza) and with the Bar Hop. The nice thing about a private driver is that you are in charge of how long and where you stop.

Edited by c-leg5

Glad to help. We enjoy touring round the island and have been round several times. We have enjoyed tours both with a private driver (we use ToursPlaza) and with the Bar Hop. The nice thing about a private driver is that you are in charge of how long and where you stop.

ToursPlaza is who we are going to go with. We're hoping to get a few more to go with us and split the cost - although even with only the 4 of us at $150 (or so for 5 hours) it's still way cheaper than the official Bar Hop tour. :)

Can't wait to see another side to Cozumel! DH and I have been twice and just puttered around downtown - this will be a totally cool adventure!

• 4 weeks later...

"no plumbing"..........no restrooms?