Carry on luggage question.

atate75

My wife, 14 y/o daughter and I are going on our first cruise in May onboard the Carnival Dream. I have read that once we board the cruise ship that we may not have access to our room for a couple of hours and to pack our carry on accordingly. We are planning on each of us packing one bag for the trip. It will be a carry on and we do not plan on checking any bags. My carry on is 21 x 14.5 x 8 inches with a duffle that will be strapped to it with a travel bungee. I can fit all of my things with room to spare and it shows to conform to carry on luggage rules. My question is: what is the procedure for boarding with carry ons and is there really a 2 hour delay to access our cabin? Thanks in advance.

My family and I sailed on the Dream two years ago, our first cruise. We ate in the dining room for our meal, rather than the buffet, and they kept our carry ons near us at the table, totally within our view. We got into our rooms shortly after we were done eating. Have a fabulous cruise!! I will be on the Breeze in 2 short weeks!!

This is exactly what we have done for everyone of our cruises. We have never had a problem. Yes, it is a little inconvenient but you're on a cruise so who cares! On our next cruise we will try to get the FTTF deal if we can. However, we won't lose a second of sleep worrying over it if we don't.

Depending on what time you board the ship...yes, you could have to wait up to 2 hours for your cabin to be ready for your use. So, either board later (after say 1:30p; try to buy the FTTF ($50 - not per person); or suck it up!;)

Whatever you decide...I hope you have an awesome cruise!:D

I completely agree. It's never been a huge deal for us. However, we did get FTTF this cruise so that we can be unhindered and not have to take turns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have been on five carnival cruises and all have had easy boarding.. we also go as early as possible (11 am) and the lines are never long. One of us watches the luggage while the others go get their food. If you pack your swimsuit you could change in the restroom and enjoy the pool and hottubs while they are not crowded. ONe time we left them in the checked luggage and the ship was delayed and wasted alot of swimming time! The best idea is just to get a chair/lounge and relax.. Nothing beats just watching people arrive and them load the ship.. and of course the water view. Remember to pack your passport or papers and doublecheck them before you leave.. also check the carnival website on the water/soft drinks and one bottle of wine per person you can bring aboard.. This saves alot of money but you will need another suitcase or duffle to help carry it on.. also some of the resturants have a free lunch that usually have a fee at nite (like the italian one) by the time you board, have lunch and look around .the cabin will be ready.. time passes fast. Have fun.. i know yall will!!