Best SFO hotels w/free parking & shuttles?

cruiserforlife

As the title says, we're leaving out of SFO for 11 days and rather than use the shuttle both ways from home (around $200 for 2) I'm thinking it might be best to find a nice safe place with parking included, and I'm sure all those nearby offer a shuttle service...can anyone recommend any that they like and are nearby? :rolleyes:

We stayed at one years back that I believe was in Millbrae...thanks in advance guys. ;)

As the title says, we're leaving out of SFO for 11 days and rather than use the shuttle both ways from home (around $200 for 2) I'm thinking it might be best to find a nice safe place with parking included, and I'm sure all those nearby offer a shuttle service...can anyone recommend any that they like and are nearby? :rolleyes:

We stayed at one years back that I believe was in Millbrae...thanks in advance guys. ;)

There's a Best Western in Millbrae: El Rancho Inn, offers shuttles and free parking for up to a ? week. 4 stars on Trip Advisor. If you like Chinese food there's a good one, Zen Peninsula, next door.

Marriott has a Promotional Rate nationwide that can be booked by putting in PKF in the Promotional rate field.

They then add about $25 or so for an extra week from 7 up to 14 nights.

You might do better contacting them or another property directly. Most state 7 nights included in their Park, Stay, Fly rates.

By the time you pay the bridge tolls and gas, I'm not sure you are really going to save anything. I'd be leery at best if any hotel in the Bay Area that offered a room with 11 nights of parking and a shuttle to the port (don't forget to add in $20 or so for the bus driver and bellman in tips) for under $200. I'd prefer to keep my car safely at home and take the door to door shuttle. My two cents.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

By the time you pay the bridge tolls and gas, I'm not sure you are really going to save anything. I'd be leery at best if any hotel in the Bay Area that offered a room with 11 nights of parking and a shuttle to the port (don't forget to add in $20 or so for the bus driver and bellman in tips) for under $200. I'd prefer to keep my car safely at home and take the door to door shuttle. My two cents.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

This. When we lived in the area, we found most Park and Fly hotels only allow seven days days, then you have to pay for the additional ones. Was less stressful and less expensive to take the shuttle.

Edited by 6rugrats

I've stayed at the following hotels that have parking pkg. for more than 7 nights:

Four Points by Sheraton Hotel & Suites SFO (14 night parking)

Hyatt Regency SFO (10 night parking)

Hilton SFO Bayfront (10 night parking)

All have free shuttle to SFO.

Edited by LWcalif

I've stayed at the following hotels that have parking pkg. for more than 7 nights:

Four Points by Sheraton Hotel & Suites SFO (14 night parking)

Hyatt Regency SFO (10 night parking)

Hilton SFO Bayfront (10 night parking)

All have free shuttle to SFO.

Thanks for that info, we'll be staying two nights and parking in between so I'll check those out...thanks again. ;)

Thanks again LWcailf, I was able to book the Four Points/SFO for $125/night with 11 nights of parking included. ;)

Since we pass no tolls and were planning on staying the 2 nights anyway, this really makes the most amount of sense plus I think I'll take my beat-up old truck so that I won't have to worry about one of my other cars getting dinged while I'm lying on the beach,lol...:D

Other options at SFO include the DoubleTree Burlingame SF International Airport. Their Park and Fly rate includes 14 days of on-site free parking (I used to use the El Camino BW but much of their parking is now off site, their people drive your car to and from, and I am uncomfortable with that). You will find a better rate if you stay over a weekend night than a weeknight - considerably - and you can make this an overnight on arrival or return. Shuttles to / from SFO are quite regular, about every 20 minutes during much of the day, and they run longer than most because one part of this property is a crew hotel.

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport

http://*******/1gG5Gau

835 Airport Blvd., Burlingame, California, 94010-9949, USA

TEL: 1-650-344-5500 / FAX: 1-650-340-8851

If you are HHonors Gold or Diamond, they will include breakfast (hot and cold buffet) for two, and you can ask for the 8th floor (includes printer / fax, is a bit quieter as it's the top floor) and there is a decent restaurant (others within walking distance).

If you are cruising from the Port of San Francisco (Pier 35) getting there is not super easy, but doable. A taxi is one way, of course, but it won't be cheap; figure about $55 US one way.

Alternatives include taking the free airport shuttle to the International Terminal and from there BART (local metro) to San Francisco, changing to public transit, or from the Embarcadero station on Market Street to a surface tram (you will be riding on an antique tram, could be from SF, Basel, who knows from where?)

If you prefer not to park, sleep and fly, and you are cruising you can use ACE Parking (as recommended by cruise ships, which is now $18 per night and a "one time $2 booking convenience fee" :p. Easier to book online, as calling can take forever and several calls. http://www.55francisco.com.

Here's a map that shows your pier 35, the pier 33 / Ferry Building and ACE parking: http://*******/1bAgEiV and

here's another showing Ferry Building / Pier 35: http://*******/1g8oNbk

Sacramento and vicinity folks will find AMTRAK (rom Roseville, Sacramento, etc.) to Emeryville, including the free bus to San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, is probably the best deal. Alternatively, disembarking at Richmond and using BART from there, connecting to the SF tram system or a taxi is a bigger PITA.

Those who can park in Vallejo at the ferry terminal can take the ferry to San Francisco - it docks at the Ferry Building, 1.1 miles form Pier 35 - which leaves a bit of a walk to the cruise terminal (or the before-mentioned tram or a short taxi ride, or a walk if you are able and have rolling luggage). http://www.sanfranciscobayferry.com, $13 per adult one way, half off for Seniors 65 or over, disabled or Medicare. The City parking lot at the ferry costs $5 per day.

Thanks for all that great info JDiver, actually we aren't cruising this time so no worries about getting to the pier, we've strayed to the world of all-inclusive resorts and are trying Secrets in Maroma Beach Riviera in Cancun...;)

http://www.secretsresorts.com/maroma-beach-riviera-cancun

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in panic mode. We sail the Grand next Saturday 3/15/14, driving down from southern Oregon. The plan was to drive down, stay in Berkeley Friday night and park at the 55francisco garage for the duration of the cruise. Now the garage is full and will not accept new reservations. I didn't book earlier because of my disabled mother, but now I am kicking myself. Airfare for 4 is going to run $2000 so we would rather drive.

Can anyone recommend alternative parking options? Park and stay hotels? Since we are coming from the north we don't want to stay near the airport since that is an hour out of the way. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. :)

if it is not rush hour, it is about 15-20 minutes from bay bridge to sfo. from gg bridge, it is about 30 minutes outside of rush hour to airport area. you won't find anything in marin to leave car for long period. you could drop off everyone and luggage at pier...and drive south or check the area garages and see if there is non-reserved room. the airport is not that far, if not in rush hour. take bart back to pier.

• 4 years later...

Any new experiences with the Park and Fly hotels in Millbrae or Burlingame? Looking for parking for 11 nights. Was going to drive to Seattle and park there but just realized the Friday I get back is Memorial day weekend and I don't want to drive home from Seattle over Memorial day weekeend

Thanks

alan

Last I heard the El Rancho is about to close.  There are several Hilton properties near the airport that will do Stay & Park.  I think both Embassy Suites near SFO do offer those packages.  I doubt you will find any in downtown that will offer free parking.  Last two time we were in the City I paid $70 a day just for hotel parking.