Tennessee Traveler

Vienna private tour recommendations 2014

Looking for recommendations and suggestions of private tours arranged by fellow Viking & other travelers who have had good experiences with private tours of Vienna. Will need the information soon as the sailing date on the Viking Embla is in 2 months. Thanks. Tennessee Traveler

Looking for recommendations and suggestions of private tours arranged by fellow Viking & other travelers who have had good experiences with private tours of Vienna. Will need the information soon as the sailing date on the Viking Embla is in 2 months. Thanks. Tennessee Traveler

We are looking for one day Vienna guide as well. Want to met at cruise ships and taken to main sites and Jewish interest sites as well. Does anyone know of someone reputable and their rates. Please reply by private message. Thank you.

All I can suggest is that you check the Rick Steves book that covers Vienna. He usually mentions several local guides that he uses on his tours, so I would assume they are very reliable and if you tell them you were sent by Rick they won't want to mess up their relationship with him.

All I can suggest is that you check the Rick Steves book that covers Vienna. He usually mentions several local guides that he uses on his tours, so I would assume they are very reliable and if you tell them you were sent by Rick they won't want to mess up their relationship with him.

Will buy the appropriate Rick Steves books. I like to carry them and tear out pages to make them lighter as we go around and I do not like carrying my kindle and constantly trying to find the right page. Thanks.

We also wonder if we can easily get a van/cab/guide to take 4 people to Saltzburg. We prefer to go in small group rather than large bus. We will be there in April - in just a few weeks, so before the tourist season.

We also wonder if we can easily get a van/cab/guide to take 4 people to Saltzburg. We prefer to go in small group rather than large bus. We will be there in April - in just a few weeks, so before the tourist season.

I have not yet received any really good answers for Vienna guides etc. Re Saltzburg..we prefer small groups as well with private guide. But, if you are going on a small ship like Ama etc. only a portion of the people will do the Saltzburg tour so the group may not be that large. Our first river cruise so we are not that experienced. Would love to find a guide for the 1 day, but where? how? Also want one experienced in showing us Judaica as well as usual places. One day is really not enough but that is what we have and need to make the best of it.

Did anyone here ever find a guide? I am thinking of going this route for our day in Vienna because it is our second visit.

Looking for recommendations on transportation from Vienna airport to city center hotel and reverse post river cruise.

Is it more economical to take a Taxi from Airport or arrange a private driver pick up?

Anyone use a private transfer company in Vienna they would recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums